Options

what do you do with a problem like Jennifer Aniston

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her life, her choices.
    She is wealthy and famous, is successful, could get married if she wanted to.
    So she doesn't have kids? So what? Maybe she doesn't want any.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only a 'problem' if you personally consider the sole life's worth of a woman to be judged on whether she have given birth or not.

It's the same for Kylie Minogue. Never mind any achievement she has made in life, she is unmarried and childless and must therefore go home every night crying into her knitting, because she has 'failed' allegedly!
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a problem?

To/for whom?

Messrs Adebolajo and Adebowale are what you'd call 'problems'.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    There is a pressure from the media for women to have "it all"
    Successful career, relationship, at least one kid and of course still look 20 and be a size 6 etc

The media do like to play up the "poor jen" story because it gets clicks.
    When was the last time she was in anything that was really popular ?
    But the Brangelina thing was a big A list Scandal (and they don't happen very often) with lots of juicy details so they keep taking pics of her and trying to create a story about poor sad Jennifer who never married again and never had a brooooooood etc.
    I wonder what she really thinks of it all.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    It's only a 'problem' if you personally consider the sole life's worth of a woman to be judged on whether she have given birth or not.

It's the same for Kylie Minogue
    . Never mind any achievement she has made in life, she is unmarried and childless and must therefore go home every night crying into her knitting, because she has 'failed' allegedly!

Oh yes I'd forgotten about Kylie, yep she's definitely another problem lady:D
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKNikey wrote: »
    Had it all in the 90's

Turned 45, not married, no kids, can't keep a man :confused:

I know she smokes a lot and probably smells like Kate Moss but seriously, she must have a problem?

Keeping a man :D

Is it the 1940's ;-)
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Oh yes I'd forgotten about Kylie, yep she's definitely another problem lady:D

Yes must be a terrible concern for Kylie looking terrific in her forties and working on primetime BBC.

She must be so worried about her life :D
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had it all in the 90's

Turned 45, not married, no kids, can't keep a man :confused:

I know she smokes a lot and probably smells like Kate Moss but seriously, she must have a problem?

Multi-millionaire, hugely successful, extremely popular. I'd say she's probably very happy in her life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooooops! Soz girls :cry: Didn't mean to hit a nerve.
    Don't take it personal. :(

Jus Sayin;-)

Lose Women
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they're taking it personally, or that you've hit a nerve :)
  • Options
    lubo 25lubo 25 Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jus Sayin;-)

Lose Women

Quality trolling lol
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As to some people who've said she's not a great actress, I'd disagree: she's good actress, she just chooses some weird, not very funny scripts.

If anyone's seen the movie 'The Good Girl' she's great in that, and it's totally serious, not a rom com.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jus Sayin;-)

Lose Women

You didn't. :confused:

You made your own backwards views obvious, and some other posters here effortlessly destroyed your OP and argument in general.

Your delusion is rather impressive. ^_^
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I dont want to be married.." "I'm x and not married" etc etc etc...

so what? no one is commmenting about you. aniston clearly does want to be married, she's been there before and keeps trying to get married with other men since then..

each relationship keeps breaking up, the question asked is why?

Most likely because she rushes into trying to get married with people when they are both not ready.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    frost wrote: »
    "I dont want to be married.." "I'm x and not married" etc etc etc...

so what? no one is commmenting about you. aniston clearly does want to be married, she's been there before and keeps trying to get married with other men since then..

each relationship keeps breaking up, the question asked is why?

Most likely because she rushes into trying to get married with people when they are both not ready.

Says who? I think it is as simple as the mags & rags being obsessed with the idea rather than Jen herself.
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I'd let her sit on my face.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    wow a lot of touchy women on here

must have hit a nerve
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay if she does not want kids(the press are the ones that insist she does), is single though her team do push the latest romance every time she has a movie out.

The big problem with Jen is:

Mid forties, she is no longer the hip rom com queen, she is not a movie opener. Sorry but that is the way Hollywood works. She played herself in 99.9% of the movies she made anyway. Only one movie she stepped out of the romantic type and that was way back in the 90s. Never happened again, not sure if The Good Girl was a serious attempt to move into serious acting or a lets try something different.

She needs to get herself a nice TV comedy show and realize she was never movie material to start with.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Says who? I think it is as simple as the mags & rags being obsessed with the idea rather than Jen herself.

That's true but she shares the blame with the mags and rags. It's her own very cynical PR that has created and maintained the 'poor hard done by' Jen persona that keeps her in the news/relevant. Without that, she wouldn't have much of a media profile as her movies are, at best, throwaway fluff.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Okay if she does not want kids(the press are the ones that insist she does), is single though her team do push the latest romance every time she has a movie out.

The big problem with Jen is:

Mid forties, she is no longer the hip rom com queen, she is not a movie opener. Sorry but that is the way Hollywood works. She played herself in 99.9% of the movies she made anyway. Only one movie she stepped out of the romantic type and that was way back in the 90s. Never happened again, not sure if The Good Girl was a serious attempt to move into serious acting or a lets try something different.

She needs to get herself a nice TV comedy show and realize she was never movie material to start with.

Agree. She has good comic timing and could have had a credible tv career.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

must have hit a nerve

Not really. I found it quite pleasant that the responses in here destroyed the sexist OP. Do we call men failures if they are childless and single?

On topic, I'm far from a fan of Jennifer but she's doing okay really. Some decent comedies, the odd turkey. She lacks range, too - does she play anything other than a peppy, sarcastic mid-thirties lady?
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^this. :D

Not an Aniston fan, but some great retorts to OP's line here.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member

Jus Sayin;-)

Lose Women

Poor old Jen. She could be spending her life with someone like you instead of being rich and beautiful and free to date whoever she wants. What a loser.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having children isn't the marker of success. It's not like you have kids and then BAM! you're finally successful.

But so many people - especially other women - think if you don't have or want children you are abnormal and to be treated with distrust and disdain. As a childfree by choice woman who has just entered her 30s, I've been met with some very funny looks over the years when I've said I don't want children.

People also think not wanting children means you hate children. Maybe that's true for the more fanatical childfree, but you just can't generalise like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

must have hit a nerve

Another one stuck in the 1800s. (where's that rolling eye smile?)