Options

Edwina was right.

If you make philosophical statements, be prepared to back it up if some one doesn't agree. All she did was swear at Edwina. Great television though.

Comments

• Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree

But they gave Kendra the airtime.
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    If you make philosophical statements, be prepared to back it up if some one doesn't agree. All she did was swear at Edwina. Great television though.

Kendra just says OMG all the time and I hate that.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

Edwinas point was right , her patronising passive agressive way of putting it across wasntb
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally though something happened, it was a bit dull before that. That has set the tone now I think for this series.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a big fan of kendra but she waa out of order and picked the wrong person to fight with
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was too.
    If Kendra claims that she is trying to inspire people then I'm just glad that her ethos for how to live life was challenged.

You can't set yourself up as an inspiration to viewers like that and expect to not be challenged on it.

I'm glad that it ruffled the feathers of the other campers too, because it felt like it was the first thing this series which has grabbed my attention. It was getting to be very bland in there with people being so very agreeable with each other, which seemed like was developing into a false atmosphere..
  • Options
    r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Edwinas point was right , her patronising passive agressive way of putting it across wasntb

Completely agree with that statement!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Of course she was right, but poor little Kendra, poor victimised little Kendra, didn't want anyone raining on her parade now did she. It's funny how all the people that hold the sort of view she was spouting tend to get very defensive if anyone questions it. I have a friend who does the same thing and I have given up saying that I disagree, I have to let her think she's won the argument because by definition it's all about ego. Kendra is all about ego, Kendra is all about Kendra, but although she is egocentric she is young and hasn't totally consolidated her egocentricity... something in her inner being probably knows Edwina is right but she doesn't understand this. It's probable that she doesn't know any better. I must admit that in common with Edwina I find it difficult to say nothing when confronted with the self first, self last and self in between phillosophy that Kendra espouses.

However, it was good to see Kendra show what she - and her morally bankrupt philosophy - are all about. Total, unfettered ego, with no consideration for anyone else whatsoever. She was tolerable and almost cute before, but I despise her now and I would't swap my tiny 2 up - `1 down to change places with her if it meant I had to be her! Ugh!
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwina came across a bit awkwardly really but I really can't stand Kendra, although if she is mixed up I feel bad saying that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »

Edwina obviously has trouble listening to half baked BS without intervening. I have the same problem. I have an awful time with day to day employment but heaven alone knows how she ever coped in politics! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    diva_moon wrote: »
    Of course she was right, but poor little Kendra, poor victimised little Kendra, didn't want anyone raining on her parade now did she. It's funny how all the people that hold the sort of view she was spouting tend to get very defensive if anyone questions it. I have a friend who does the same thing and I have given up saying that I disagree, I have to let her think she's won the argument because by definition it's all about ego. Kendra is all about ego, Kendra is all about Kendra, but although she is egocentric she is young and hasn't totally consolidated her egocentricity... something in her inner being probably knows Edwina is right but she doesn't understand this. It's probable that she doesn't know any better. I must admit that in common with Edwina I find it difficult to say nothing when confronted with the self first, self last and self in between phillosophy that Kendra espouses.

However, it was good to see Kendra show what she - and her morally bankrupt philosophy - are all about. Total, unfettered ego, with no consideration for anyone else whatsoever. She was tolerable and almost cute before, but I despise her now and I would't swap my tiny 2 up - `1 down to change places with her if it meant I had to be her! Ugh!

Agreed. Well said. I was rather liking Kendra before this. I thought her sensible and happy go lucky. Now I see her as lacking in any self reflection and ridiculously entitled.

Never liked her before but Edwina coming across as a very sound individual.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said before neither of them has morals but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Edwina lied about her affair whilst being in the government while us the tax payers paid her to screw Major do you really think she has any morals I certantly dont
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dozyrosie wrote: »
    Agreed. Well said. I was rather liking Kendra before this. I thought her sensible and happy go lucky. Now I see her as lacking in any self reflection and ridiculously entitled.

Never liked her before but Edwina coming across as a very sound individual.

Sound she's a liar
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Edwina was right but she went about saying so in the wrong way. I also think Kendra has probably had to try and justify her lifestyle for so long that it's probably a bit of bravado on her part. But, as Edwina says you have to take others into consideration when making decisions, especially if you have children.
  • Options
    jintymagintyjintymaginty Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    diva_moon wrote: »
    Edwina obviously has trouble listening to half baked BS without intervening. I have the same problem. I have an awful time with day to day employment but heaven alone knows how she ever coped in politics! :D
    I have a problem with people butting into a conversation they're not part of. That's exactly what Edwina did
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she misinterpreted what Kendra meant. She never said she doesn't put her kids first. She basically said she doesn't people please, she does what she believes is best.

That's what I think she meant and I thought Edwina responded very strangely.
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    I have a problem with people butting into a conversation they're not part of. That's exactly what Edwina did

I got the feeling that Kendra had been holding court for some time before we were shown anything. Edwina had obviously been listening to all this BS and had just about had enough. The reason Kendra isn't winning any food is because she is self obsessed, self important and just self self self. She has no idea what being a team player means and Edwina got tired of listening to her make everything about Kendra again.
    Boofie wrote: »
    I think she misinterpreted what Kendra meant. She never said she doesn't put her kids first. She basically said she doesn't people please, she does what she believes is best.

That's what I think she meant and I thought Edwina responded very strangely.

She does what she believes is best for herself. She didn't mention her husband or children. She obviously doesn't know how to defend or qualify, hence the verbal barrage. She only had to state that of course when it came to those she loves and cares for, it's different, but instead chose to go on the defensive and attack.

As I said, I think we came in on the end of a very long Kendra self promotion speech.
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    greenyone wrote: »
    As I've said before neither of them has morals but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Edwina lied about her affair whilst being in the government while us the tax payers paid her to screw Major do you really think she has any morals I certantly dont

She had an affair, millions do sadly, but it's slightly different to prostituting yourself for fame and money IMO.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If Kendra is preaching to others about the best way to live then it becomes everybody's conversation.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether Currie has any morals or not, whether she had an affair or not has absolutely nothing to do with this. The fact Kendra slept with Hugh Heffner has nothing to do with this. Somebody disagreed with somebody else's opinion and the other person hurled disgusting language and insults about. That's disgraceful behaviour and shows a lack of life skills.

I'm quite happy to agree with somebody even if I can't stand them. The problem is people see Edwina Currie, Tory adulteress or Kendra Yankee slag and that clouds their opinion on this debacle.
  • Options
    Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had a point, but she expressed it in a way to get a reaction.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Kendra expressed herself very well, she didn't mean 'be selfish'. The others got the gist of her conversation, but Edwina just had to stick her oar in and go on and on like a broken record.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad that someone finally put a spoke in the endlessly boring, cringeworthy world of Kendra's self promotion and adoration.

I don't think I've ever witnessed anyone SO endlessly pleased with themself. ^_^
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    I don't think Kendra expressed herself very well, she didn't mean 'be selfish'. The others got the gist of her conversation, but Edwina just had to stick her oar in and go on and on like a broken record.

They are sharing a camp and not discoursing in Kendra's living room. Any one of them has a right to make a comment and Edwina made hers. Kendra exploded for no other reason than being challenged on her opinion. She made herself look if not foolish someone who can't control her language or her temper.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    Whether Currie has any morals or not, whether she had an affair or not has absolutely nothing to do with this. The fact Kendra slept with Hugh Heffner has nothing to do with this. Somebody disagreed with somebody else's opinion and the other person hurled disgusting language and insults about. That's disgraceful behaviour and shows a lack of life skills.

I'm quite happy to agree with somebody even if I can't stand them. The problem is people see Edwina Currie, Tory adulteress or Kendra Yankee slag and that clouds their opinion on this debacle.

Edwina will always be remembered in my eyes as the politician who brought forward the legislation for the equal consent for gay men. Who cares who she slept with - her work changed millions of lives for the better.