Options

family guy or american dad?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
Forum Member
Which show is better?

While I do like american dad it has nothing on family guy.I feel more connected to family guys characters plus everyone in fg has their moments, I ain't got no favourite character I think they're all great in their own way.american dad is more political humour n I don't really like that but I love roger.

While we're at it what did u think of the cleveland show?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    What? Ain't no1 gonna reply to my question :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I swear down I feel like I'm invisible.why the **** won't any1 reply?>:(>:( its not a hard question
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both shit.

Feel better now you have received attention?:D
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Dad and Hayley Dreamsmasher Smith is my favourite character. :)
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Dad by a mile.

Family Guy is a mess, there's almost no characterisation and what little there is is invariably unpleasant, the writing ranges wildly from good to horrendous in pretty much every episode (often within the same minute), it brazenly relies on filler when they don't have enough material to fill an episode (Conway Twitty, chicken fights, Mick Jagger videos, overlong cutaways), it often feels the need to explain punchlines, and it can be astonishingly preachy considering it's edginess.

Bad episodes of American Dad are mediocre, bad episode of Family Guy are painful.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    American Dad all the way. It's been better than Family Guy for a few seasons now.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Family Guy
    But i am still rather new to American Dad
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not a hard question

No. But it's a pointless one. A bit like; "What tastes better? Cat poo or dog poo?"

Also, you're probably getting hardly any responses because all you seem to be talking about is Family Guy, which could quite easily be kept to just a single thread rather than a dozen. People might be a little bored of it.

Swear down.
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    American Dad by a mile.

Family Guy is a mess, there's almost no characterisation and what little there is is invariably unpleasant, the writing ranges wildly from good to horrendous in pretty much every episode (often within the same minute), it brazenly relies on filler when they don't have enough material to fill an episode (Conway Twitty, chicken fights, Mick Jagger videos, overlong cutaways), it often feels the need to explain punchlines, and it can be astonishingly preachy considering it's edginess.

Bad episodes of American Dad are mediocre, bad episode of Family Guy are painful.

All of the above. I can watch endless repeats of American Dad (the bad ones are usually better the second time round, for some reason). I can't watch repeats of FG. And the bad episodes are truly woeful.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go with that (AD) too, Family Guy can hit amazing highs but is far too patchy and inconsistent these days.

American Dad doesn't hit those peaks, but steers well clear of the lows too,
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    American Dad is the better show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. But it's a pointless one. A bit like; "What tastes better? Cat poo or dog poo?"

Also, you're probably getting hardly any responses because all you seem to be talking about is Family Guy, which could quite easily be kept to just a single thread rather than a dozen. People might be a little bored of it.

Swear down.

Aw,what's the matter? Sick of my threads? Why don't you stop posting then?
  • Options
    CavanDayCavanDay Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Aw,what's the matter? Sick of my threads? Why don't you stop posting then?
    No, why don't you stop posting? All of your posts are about Family Guy and starting umpteen threads about it is absolutely stupid. If you really are that obsessive about Family Guy, make one large discussion thread and end it there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CavanDay wrote: »
    No, why don't you stop posting? All of your posts are about Family Guy and starting umpteen threads about it is absolutely stupid. If you really are that obsessive about Family Guy, make one large discussion thread and end it there.

Yeah? Well I already HAVE made one big discussion thread,n it was a ****ing flop.My username makes it obvious that I am "obsessed",as u put it.so its hardly a surprise if I make threads about it
  • Options
    maninthemaskmaninthemask Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    American dad for me too
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    It veers for me. Sometimes AD is strongest, sometimes FG. I don't think it helps people when has a few episodes on every day. Its like saturation coverage.
    As the old saying goes, sometimes familiarity does breed contempt.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I think they're both past their prime now. Family Guy has been bad for years, but American Dad held out longer, American Dad started out as the lesser shown but around Season 4 to 9 they really cracked it and like every episode was good, well written and funny. Now it seems to be in the trying too hard zone that The Simpsons fell into.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is better than both :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen every episode of family guy but only just started season 8 of american dad, and one thing i can is AD remains more consistent than FG. By Season 6 of FG, that was when it was started it's decline and it never rebounded until around season 10.

I also think AD makes better use of the whole family and each shine individually, where as FG writers have their favourites and devote too much of their time and energy into Peter, Brian and Stewie. This leaves Lois, Meg and Chris being very rarely used.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amercian Dad, and still going strong.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like them both, and have never really managed to put one over the other.
  • Options
    PowerLeePowerLee Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Dad is pretty consistent, there is the odd bad episode from time to time but normally the rest of the series run is easily watchable & also funny.

Family Guy stopped being funny several years ago, it's very rare to get a decent new episode any more, it's about time it was cancelled.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I like both. I agree with some comments, that there are episodes that can be quite weak. Back to the Pilot in Family Guy to me was gold. I thought it was really well done.

Cleveland Show, I just could not get into, and it doesn't appear I was alone in that. It's a shame. I hope they bring him back into FG if they haven't already! :D
  • Options
    Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FG better than AD.

Also the Simpsons are better than Futurama.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Family guy , I dont get American dad at all, dont think I have ever laughed once at it, but I can watch FG again and again and it always makes me laugh out loud.