MoH: Warfighter

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
Forum Member
✭✭
So, now the multiplayer beta is out and available for download (i have only played on the xbox 360), what is everyones opinion?

My first impressions were very good, nice enough menu system, if not very clear on the party options. Good customisation and I like the idea of having 2 players per fireteam. The gameplay itself is easy to grasp if a little simple. However the real bug-bear for me is the appearance of the game. Why does it look like a game that was released four or five years ago?

Your thoughts please.

Comments

• Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. Very good. Menu is really bad though and clunky. I much prefer crisp, clean and fast menus. I can live with the menu though since the game is so good.

Been playing it since it became available a few days ago.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Hate it. I had this pre-ordered, but cancelled last night after playing this for a while.

For a starter it has some of the worse spawns I've experienced in a game, it doesn't matter if i choose the buddy spawn or the 'fall back option' i found myself getting spawn killed multiple times over and over. The map design is really poor and you can often be 'clipped' by enemy players. No one seemed to use any sort of team work in the games i played so i would often find myself being killed again and again trying to plant or defuse while my team mates played TDM. Snipers don't work, class/gun menus are confusing, the slow motion thingy when you get killed gets annoying , you can be seen though walls if you've been 'spotted' which seems like a bad idea to me for a game such as this and the graphics are average.

I think i'll pass.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Played a couple of matches and really enjoyed it - helps that I'm good at it though:D
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Any idea if/when the beta is going to be available on something other than Xbox?

Don't have & can't be bothered to buy an xbox live gold sub since I use the xbox so little right now.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea if/when the beta is going to be available on something other than Xbox?

Don't have & can't be bothered to buy an xbox live gold sub since I use the xbox so little right now.

It's exclusive to the 360.
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Quality game IMO... Been playing this with Premium-Onion since launch.

It is most certainly a squad based game and you really need a decent player to be your "buddy" in order to spawn out of danger, supply you with health and ammo etc.

Great game.. day one purchase for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this might be a real marmite game. I want to like it as it's a fun shooter that is quick and fairly tactical. I have also found that alot of players on my team still sit back and play it like a tdm because, either, they don't reailse that they are supposed to attack a position or simply cannot be bothered! This should be better as time goes by. WIsh they would unlock an extra map too.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it looks a bit gash

im looking forward to AC3 and Dishonoured.

not for me
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the demo at all. The menus were a bit confusing, then again I like simple things :o

I probably buy it for a tenner in a few years though because I liked the single player of the other game even though it was rather short.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the MP similar to the MP in the previous MoH?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    I probably buy it for a tenner in a few years though because I liked the single player of the other game even though it was rather short.

Same here i think. I enjoyed the single player, but according to Steam i finished it in 4 hours, and that was playing on Hard, so i'll wait for it to drop in price to around the £15 mark that i paid for the original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gameplay was alright, nothing new, I like the gun customisation stuff as i'm a huge gun nut, but one thing I really don't get is the look and feel of the game, not to mention the map in the beta is a mess.

Also, the menu / interface was a nightmare.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Scott_P wrote: »
    The gameplay was alright, nothing new, I like the gun customisation stuff as i'm a huge gun nut, but one thing I really don't get is the look and feel of the game, not to mention the map in the beta is a mess.

Also, the menu / interface was a nightmare.

This this this, you can clearly see the menu was designed for pc, atrocious!

As for the game, I've decided to give it a wide berth, i'll see what the full release is like, but I think it might be a game i'd play for a week then drop for something else
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just played the Beta for a bit and all i can say is: thank god i tried it before i bought it. It's awful, and i can't believe that this is running on the same engine as Battlefield 3 because the graphics are horrible, you'd think that smaller maps might mean that they could pretty things up a bit, but based on what's on display here it actually looks worse than CoD! And speaking of CoD, this is possibly the most shameless copycat i've seen yet. Plus, as He4rt mentioned above, the spawns are hilariously bad, there was one game i had where the game basically consisted of my team spawn killing the entire enemy team because they all spawned in the same area everytime, it really needs a "safe zone" for spawning like on BF3, otherwise i could see lots of games ending up like this. I'm not even interested in picking this up when it hits the bargain bin after having played this. Very poor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just to bump this, friday this was released and it has been described by Metro as "one of the worst games they have ever seen.."

i was going to get this tomorrow for my boy,

has anybody bought/played/traded already...?
  • TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    just to bump this, friday this was released and it has been described by Metro as "one of the worst games they have ever seen.."

i was going to get this tomorrow for my boy,

has anybody bought/played/traded already...?

Yep, mine came on Thursday from ShopTo. Stuck it straight in the PS3 and downloaded the patch, began the campaign and it was a buggy piece of crap. Enemies would still shoot back despite being shot multiple times in the head, my character would sometimes simply stop moving and I even got shot at multiple times by a team mate at the start of the third mission. How this game made it through quality control, I have no idea.

Traded it in pretty much as soon as Game opened on Friday morning (much to the surprise of the staff).
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for some reason, i enjoyed the 1st few missions, and didnt experience the bugs. Was shocked that ign gave it a 4, until i checked metacritic. Seems like they needed another year to make the game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so a reduction will be on the cards..??
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at how bad this game looks. Usually i like to play them myself before i judge, but it just looks unfinished and horrible to play. :eek:
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trading it in for Assassin's Creed 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it goes to £20, i may get it.

i liked the last one
  • TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    so a reduction will be on the cards..??

I imagine the price will drop pretty quickly. I'm just glad I managed to get most of my money back, before the trade in price drops through the floor.
    if it goes to £20, i may get it.

i liked the last one

So did I. I'm hoping that they'll patch the bugs, at which point I'll probably pick it up again (pre-owned, since I already have the online pass) because the first was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »
    I'm trading it in for Assassin's Creed 3.
    me too.i am waiting AC3.Get it tomorrow.
    :D
  • seanukxp2seanukxp2 Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The multiplayer is terrible.

Crappy small maps, kill streaks, encouragement of grenade launchers for the noobs. It's like Call of Duty all over again.

Will continue playing BF3 online until BF4 comes out.

Massive dissapointment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will probably regret this but ive picked it up, Gamestation giving extra 33 percent on trade so dug out some crap de blob 2 being an example

got it anyway