The Voice UK 2015 - Battles part 1 - 28 February - 7.15pm - BBC1

1343536373840»

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dalwhat wrote: »
    Came across as being just a process of putting through those who were better at the blinds irrespective of how they sang last night

I agree with this, it was also very telling.

For me, most of the ones they put through i would have picked the other as the winner as i thought they sang better.

Usage of the word 'battle' is funny. I was watching this last night and in most instances it was hardly a battle! :D They took turns to sing and that was it. No battling, no one fighting to earn their place. In some cases it was pretty bland. Not a great first episode of the battle shows.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed when Rita said one of the contestants had unleashed her inner rock goddess, as it made me think of the awful 'inner goddess' lines from Fifty Shades of Grey and Rita's involvement in the film!
  • Options
    Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming the Voice UK has never done a post-show tour like XF.

The Voice US did one after the first season and it bombed. They finally decided to put another one together last summer that combined S5/6, since the show runs both in the fall and spring. It sold OK, but not great.

The Voice Australia also did a tour last summer, right after S3 concluded. (Although I suppose it was winter there!)

I've never come across a Voice UK tour; otherwise I would know about it, particularly when it would be mentioned on this website :D
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They announced a voice tour during the first series but it was cancelled when ratings plunged after the auditions
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I agree with this, it was also very telling.

For me, most of the ones they put through i would have picked the other as the winner as i thought they sang better.

Usage of the word 'battle' is funny. I was watching this last night and in most instances it was hardly a battle! :D They took turns to sing and that was it. No battling, no one fighting to earn their place. In some cases it was pretty bland. Not a great first episode of the battle shows.

They can't really win with this, some people didn't like the battles for the first two series as they were too 'shouty' so they've subsequently toned it down and lost what made them unique imo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Dalwhat wrote: »
    Came across as being just a process of putting through those who were better at the blinds irrespective of how they sang last night. Also was it my imagination of did some of the battles "last longer" than others? Some songs seemed to be over in 60 seconds and others were almost complete renditions? For example Sharon and Roisin seemed to be over in a blink with Sharon hardly singing at all compared to Roisin while she ended up going through (probably correctly overall altthough Roisin sang far better in the bit we were showed)

I was there and Sharon got some words wrong so they've cut it out. Tom had definitely decided who he was putting through before the performance. Roisin was far better in my opinion.
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    some wedding with Kaiser chiefs playing :D
    Though I'm not sure 'I Predict a Riot' would be appropriate!
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Deleted