Options

It may be nothing but...(possible spoiler, that is if i'm really smart)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
Forum Member
Right, Hello! Bit new to this forum stuff. I normally bother my flat mates and poor family with my babbling theories, at least now I’m telling people who care! Where was I? Oh yeah, a few points I’d like to share about the possible (and I do mean possible, noting here is set in stone) endings to season 4.

The first has is nothing new and as it’s a thread title on this forum I won’t spoiler it – Davros. There are three main reasons that I had for thinking he’s (all from Wikipedia) firstly; the press only trailer was reported that the main antagonist of the series has the lower half of a dalek, upper half humanoid. Secondly, Davros won a poll in Doctor Who Magazine for which villain readers would most like to see return (with 9%) and thirdly I read somewhere (can’t find the source for this sorry!) that the toy company that makes Doctor Who toys is bringing out a remote control Davros model. Also, I thought this would be convenient for the writers as bringing back a ‘Big Bad’ if you will, helps with the writing of the three one-off specials in 2009. Maybe…

Secondly, there is another theory, also thrown about on this forum about spiders and Racnoss. Now, as far as I am concerned, there is no connection between the spiders on Metebelis Three and the Racnoss. I’m not even going down that road. However, in the fires of Pompeii the Augur told Donna that she has ‘something on [her] back’ – which, for those of you that don’t know is where the spiders sat in the original serial ‘Planed of the Spiders’

Now all this information can be found on this forum anyway, and I can see some of you wondering why this idiot (hello again!) has started a new thread. Well in keeping with my second point, I was watching Human nature in season 3 and I saw what I thought to be 2 guns. Now I’m using an extended metaphor here – there is an old writing rule that states if someone is shot in act three, there needs to be a gun on the wall in act one, and if there is a gun on the wall in act one, someone needs to be shot in act three (a quote from MJS –writer of B5 and I heard someone on this forum – sorry I cant remember who – say that RTD was a fan of his.) Right, anyway, those two guns. They appear 22min and 30 sec exactly and are on screen next to each other for about a second. The one on the left is the watch from the fob watch containing the Doctor’s essence, which becomes important later in Utopia. The second is (if you have access to Human Nature, watch it instead of reading the spoiler, trust me it’s so much more dramatic to see it for your self)
No, I’m serious, go and watch it, you’ll regret it if you just read on.

Ok then, right next to it is a blue crystal, for those of you who don’t know, the doctor took a blue crystal from a planet in the serial ‘the green death’ a blue crystal that came back to haunt him and was a major plot piece in – that’s right – the planet of the spiders.

Wow, a bit wordy there, it’s just with so many theories (not to mention a fair few flights of fancy) out there I wanted to gather what I consider fact together and interpret it myself.

Comments

• Options
    simsysimsy Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good spot. I really hope the finale isn't an anti-climax. I've read so many theories, ideas, rumours, some of which sound brilliant, and some peoples linking of past stories, etc, are really cleverly spotted, but I wonder if we're giving RTD a little too much credit :) How good would it be tho, if all these did come into the finale in some way.
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard of the gun scenario before too... an old production value, more of a tradition than a necessity, but true nonetheless.
    I never noticed the 2nd gun before.....Think you might be on to something here..

AJ
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oooh very good.
    I never knew about that gun thing though-thats fascinating!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had to go watch it myself-you are right there is a crystal!!
    here's a snapshot.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/emma30/vlcsnap-38170.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    The thing to remember with the whole 'gun' idea is that someone like RTD who is working with a felxible script (ie, he can do almost whatever he wants series to series) is that you can throw in things like this that most people will overlook but some die hard fans will see and go 'OMG!' and then never use them. It fills up forums like this with so many diffrent theories that if there is a production leek - nobody notices. OR, he could do something with it in the future and then everyone will be amazed that this plot arc has been going on since season 3. Its the same as the shadow proclomation. He could do a massive story about that which was first mentioned in S1E01.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fletch276 wrote: »
    The thing to remember with the whole 'gun' idea is that someone like RTD who is working with a felxible script (ie, he can do almost whatever he wants series to series) is that you can throw in things like this that most people will overlook but some die hard fans will see and go 'OMG!' and then never use them. It fills up forums like this with so many diffrent theories that if there is a production leek - nobody notices. OR, he could do something with it in the future and then everyone will be amazed that this plot arc has been going on since season 3. Its the same as the shadow proclomation. He could do a massive story about that which was first mentioned in S1E01.
    Oh he likes to keep the ming-mongs happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That´s a really well thought out idea you´ve got there. There´s only one problem...the blue crystal the Doctor took from Metebellis Three...he returned to the planet atthe end of the "Planet of the Spiders"

However thsi crystal could be important in another way for all the reasons you´ve given about "showing the gun on the wall"
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fletch276 wrote: »
    Now I’m using an extended metaphor here – there is an old writing rule that states if someone is shot in act three, there needs to be a gun on the wall in act one, and if there is a gun on the wall in act one, someone needs to be shot in act three (a quote from MJS –writer of B5 and I heard someone on this forum – sorry I cant remember who – say that RTD was a fan of his.)

Just to clear up one thing, and I may in fact be misreading your point above, but the credit for the gun rule can't really be given to J Michael Straczynski because a certain nineteenth century playwright got there first..:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov's_gun
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Something I thought of and am not sure if it has been mentioned before, about the bee's disappearing.....
    Spiders eat bees.
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting! For some reason I can imagine DT's Doctor saying the words "Blue Crystal of Metebelis III" either as part of the plot or as a classical reference :D

Another reason to suspect the return of Davros is the Boxset thats coming/come out. Didn't a Master boxset come out this time last year? :)

I can't wait!