Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a none smoker myself, and I also have been wondering if it's going put off smokers, ...
    As a smoker* - nope, these are well over the 'grossness' threshold so I change channel, skip if it's a recording or look at something else. These ads are surely designed to scare kids as their main target to put them off, rather than to get adults to quit?

* Not many a day, used to be more, increasing awareness of 'burning cash' as prices go up, likely to eventually quit due to sensible advice, not graphical hyperbolics...
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    This one is repulsive and makes me feel sick. I've never smoked but would be interested to know if it would make smokers want to give up.
    Maybe older smokers, but I'm not sure about young smokers. When you're young you don't think so much about fatal diseases as dying seems such a long way off. I think a better approach with younger smokers would be to highlight how unattractive it is to have bad breath and smell like an old ashtray.

As for the ad itself - I agree, it's revolting. Not one to watch while tucking into your evening meal.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booking Dot Com, I thought it had been removed by the Advertising Complaints people, but they have now got a new one.:o
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, I've just seen a Money Supermarket ad which turned my stomach. It features a bloke who is wearing hotpants and has a CGI backside that he swings about as he minces down the street. This must be the product of a seriously warped mind.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the logic to it but it's funny
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Oh God, I've just seen a Money Supermarket ad which turned my stomach. It features a bloke who is wearing hotpants and has a CGI backside that he swings about as he minces down the street. This must be the product of a seriously warped mind.

If you care to look back over the past two or three days of this thread you will find that you are not the first to make this observation.

Seriously warped minds are what ad agencies look for and cherish in their creative staff. After all, this ghastly ad has got us all talking about it and that was the point of screening it.

And speaking as someone who has a relative high up in an agency that makes a despised ad for a certain well known toothpaste, I feel I know what I am writing about. (I don't. of course, I just feel I do)
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »

I have only one word to describe this ad - VILE.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change 4 Life. "When we get home from School we're right little monkeys"!.>:(
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good to see that I'm not the only one who DESPISES that C4L ad!
  • Options
    PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are two ads at the moment which I really hate, and they seem to be on an awful lot (or maybe I just notice them more...!) - the Paddy Power pigeon poop (really vile) and the SMA follow-on milk ad. It's not so much the advert itself, but the woman who does the voice-over. She sounds about 15, and the "take it from us, you're doing great" just sounds ultra-patronising.

I really do have a thing about this one in particular - not that you can tell, or anything!

Oh, and the moneysupermarket one - just why? Must have been pitched after a particularly exotically-refreshed lunch, I'm guessing.
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I absolutely hate that giggly talking.

Also these:

I'm getting sick of the stupid "pick a side" Twix advert.

I hate the Malteasers advert with the woman responding with "very good" and "nice" in a deadpan voice thinking she is funny.
  • Options
    BipolarIdiotBipolarIdiot Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Haha I've just seen a genuinely funny advert. An Aldi one selling loo roll with a bear in the woods...

Loved that one too..

I also like the St John Ambulance choking ad.. A novel approach..

But getting on my nerves is a bloke dressed in a skirt.. Not sure what it's for as I skip the ad as soon as I see it
  • Options
    TracyTracy Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    I really hate the ad for life insurance with the 2 old men playing darts talking about their dead mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of the stupid "pick a side" Twix advert.
    THIS! Can we have some NEW adverts please? We've had this stupid ad since 2012! >:(
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to really hate the cream egg adverts but this may be influenced by the change in recipie and the fact they are awful now.

Have a fling with a cream egg - then decide to never buy another!
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Polomini wrote: »
    There are two ads at the moment which I really hate, and they seem to be on an awful lot (or maybe I just notice them more...!) - the Paddy Power pigeon poop (really vile) and the SMA follow-on milk ad. It's not so much the advert itself, but the woman who does the voice-over. She sounds about 15, and the "take it from us, you're doing great" just sounds ultra-patronising.

I really do have a thing about this one in particular - not that you can tell, or anything!

Oh, and the moneysupermarket one - just why? Must have been pitched after a particularly exotically-refreshed lunch, I'm guessing.

When this ad first appeared I was aghast that it had been allowed. I mean POOP? OK it's pink comedy poop, but really! Then it disappeared and I thought common sense must have prevailed. Now it's back. I seriously wonder about the mental state of some of the people who think up these ads.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope someone has mentioned that online gambling ad with the crap poem that seems to be on every break in the evenings: "That's the deal, just a ball and a wheel. Feel it for real." Grrrrrrrr! Stop rhyming! >:(
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    The celebrity supermarket adverts.

We have Len Goodman and Bradley who supposedly go to Farmfoods, Peter Andre shops at Iceland while Ant and Dec order from Morrisions.

I'm sure all dancing Len goes to Farmfoods in between SCD shows.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4's advert for the Super Bowl. The last thing I need are screaming t**ts! >:(
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for Pop Chips is obviously a lazy American import, referring to "crisps" and "chips". You would have thought they would have catered for their market and actually make their advert relevant.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to really hate the cream egg adverts but this may be influenced by the change in recipie and the fact they are awful now.

Have a fling with a cream egg - then decide to never buy another!

Those adverts must be at least 5-10 years old though.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway back on topic hate the cravendale advert, it's just so creepy like the bellend adverts for Elite Single sad sacks.

I like the Cravendale ad. I think it has an underlying melancholy that is interesting.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The celebrity supermarket adverts.

We have Len Goodman and Bradley who supposedly go to Farmfoods, Peter Andre shops at Iceland while Ant and Dec order from Morrisions.

I'm sure all dancing Len goes to Farmfoods in between SCD shows.:D

Yep. This is annoying, I bet they shop in Harrods food hall and Fortnum & Mason. Waitrose for everyday stuff only. They won't have to slum it like the rest of us!.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Art of Knitting magazine. The woman's shocked and happy face at getting a horrible hand knitted hat with an animal on it.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    ...and speaking of very bad accents Alistair McGowan telling us to save rain forests and that he can "change from John Bishop to David Attenborough" clearly you can't, John Bishop after suffering a stroke maybe.

I'm convinced Alistair is wearing a wig in that ad.
This discussion has been closed.