BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

Comments

• Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    What a fantastic picture :) - he is beautiful.
    I trust you have now put the boots right away just in case :D

Afternoon JoJo :D

That was nice of him.

Afternoon Elfy :D

I am good thanks, hope you havent had occasion to suck your laptop again today :eek::D

Afternoon Sleeps :D

Gorgeous pic and gorgeous cat :)
    Barracute wrote: »
    Afternoon all, enjoying reading all about the various cat troubles, and love that pic of Elmo Gemo

Thank you, Flora, Elfy and Barra. :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all, enjoying reading all about the various cat troubles, and love that pic of Elmo Gemo
    Afternoon Barra.:)

I love reading about the lovely animals as well.:D

Lovely picture of a lovely cat must admit, nicer than the ones i get in our garden anyway.
    Forum Member
    A picture of the 4 Cadbury's Cream egg i put into Flaky pastry and baked, they just look like eggs baked in pastry to me.:D

https://p.twimg.com/AqC_iXRCQAEVi9y.jpg
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :eek::eek:
    She poos on the windows and or the cat flap! Norty puss. :p:D

They come running in from the garden to use the litter tray. :rolleyes: Timo loves nothing better than a fresh litter tray & kicks the wood pellets everywhere. Drives me nuts!

Smirry rain only falls in Scotland, but you can 'borrow' the word. :D It's been like that here for most of the day.

LOL - Thanks, I shll borrow the word and introduce it to the uninitiated.
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I have three cats. Two Maine Coons, Jasper and Electra, and a Birman, Elmo.

Elmo sitting at the end of a rainbow.

Beautiful cat.
    Littsis wrote: »
    I can never be sure that OH will return in any time frame. He has been known to go out at 11am and return at 2am.
    I work in the shop from 11 til 4. Rhys gets home at 3.30. so Yoshi will be on his own for 4 and a half hours on Tuesdays. The first time that will happen is tomorrow week. By that time, Yoshi will still have issues dealing with strangers and children. I do not believe he will get distressed being on his own in the house, and there is nothing here that matters about being damaged. He isn't really a rescue dog, he is a dog no longer wanted by a couple with a baby. If I left him on his own tomorrow for half an hour, I still would not know what he would be like for 4 hours. Today I have left him in the car for 7 minutes while I was in Pets at Home. And then for 15 minutes while in the Co-op. He was very well behaved, moved himself to the driver seat on both occasions and was very calm when I left the car and equally calm when I returned. I know because I know. I am not a risk taker, but am a risk assessor.

I prefer to think that poem belongs to women of 50 plus. that doesn't mean to say they are old as such, just old rather than young. I was 50 plus when I began thinking it doesn't matter much any more how I behave in public. Altho' I must admit when i spat in the street I made sure no-one was around. I felt better for doing it, but i have not had the urge again, it wasn't very satisfying..

Ah, that sounds different. The way you expressed it before seemed to me as though he had made his mind up to marry her, yet was seeking your approval long before he was seeking hers. Instead, what it seems like is that he is thinking of asking her and was sharing the thought with you that if it carries on the way it is going he has in mind to ask her at the end of Summer.

But even so, is it that he is thinking about it silently and will suddenly spring it on her. If he has been thinking about it for several months, what if she hasn't. Will she be expected to say yes or no straightaway? How do these things work these days. Should she expect to wait to be asked?

Yes I'm sure the poem is for 50 or maybe 60+ ladies, although I've always had a tendency to 'do my own thing'!

I have no idea about proposal etiquette these days, if indeed it exists at all. His partner has made it very plain that she expects to marry him, although she's also said that she would be ahppy to have a baby before they're married. Who knows how these things work these days? I know that my daughter has accepted 2 proposals of marriage, on both occasions the prospective groom had purchased the ring, took her to a special place, and offered her his heart along with the rock:cool:
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    A picture of the 4 Cadbury's Cream egg i put into Flaky pastry and baked, they just look like eggs baked in pastry to me.:D

I think I'll just eat mine as they come!
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I think I'll just eat mine as they come!
    I am just having one now, it's ok so far, the centre isn't as soft as normal, don't know if it's because i froze the egg, but it did say in the instructions, freeze for a firmer centre.
    Forum Member
    The texture of the, what was a soft creamy centre is now the texture of Fudge, strange, but it's lovely.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google puts the def as Drizzle, much prefer that.
    They have a strange language up in the hills.:D

The rain from Spain has moved over to the Wirral to give us the usual April showers.
    Only to the English. :p
    TheElf wrote: »
    Good afternoon everybody, how are we all? :)

I am both horrified and amused by both these incidents :D.
    Afternoon Elf, life is never dull with pets around. :D
    Elmo has started going outside to do his stuff. The cats like having their own trays and don’t tend to share.

We use wood pellets, too, the kennel got us on to them and the keeper often gives us a couple of bags when we pick the cats up.
    I prefer using the wood pellets, they generally smell slightly of pine & it doesn't make as much mess as ordinary cat litter which tends to clump together! :eek:

I can see the pointy stick, & kippers coming your way ..Hicky ?

Afternoon All :)
    Afternoon Joe :p
    The present cats are very good compared to some we’ve had.

One of our early cats would go and crap on our bed in response to almost anything that displeased her.
    Very unusual for a cat to do that.....a dog would generally do it & not think twice about it.
    What gun do they fit, i've got a BB gun, it uses little round yellow balls.Similar but i suppose the wooden ones are more Eco friendly as they compost better.:D

That's another thing, the method used to control others, it's a wonder they can get fish being so high up, unless of course they are flying fish, and they hang them in the pub to smoke,:D

They are really tiresome until they learn to speak.:D

Don't you just love them,:D
    You've never heard of Arbroath smokies then? :p
    I have three cats. Two Maine Coons, Jasper and Electra, and a Birman, Elmo.

Elmo sitting at the end of a rainbow.
    Elmo is very handsome.
    I trust you have now put the boots right away just in case :D

Afternoon JoJo :D

That was nice of him.

Afternoon Elfy :D

I am good thanks, hope you havent had occasion to suck your laptop again today :eek::D

Afternoon Sleeps :D

Gorgeous pic and gorgeous cat :)
    I have indeed!
    Afternoon Barra :D

They look vile!
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

eww :eek:

I prefer creme eggs on their own
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry i am with Sr, dont look very appealing at all :o
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    We have a HUGE storm, lightening flickering on and off almost continually and thunder overhead. I have been fast asleep on the balcony for a couple of hours in the midst of it all. I had suddenly felt a bit nauseous and shivery for some reason, maybe the change in air pressure but feel better now after the sleep.......

Elmo is gorgeous!

Good experiment Hicky! I detest cream eggs so they hold no appeal for me but it was intriguing nonetheless.

Only Celeste needs the litter tray and it is in the basement where we store the tools. Despite it being a closed tray, she does manage to fling it about but she has to walk up a long uncarpeted staircase to the main floor so it doesn't tend to travel, thank goodness, although we don't have any carpets anyway.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    They have been a bit cheeky with the photos, and as you say unlikely the egg is inside, which makes you think it could turn out to be a bit of a disaster otherwise why didnt they show the finished result :D
    I think it will need a lot of space around it for when it melts or explodes. I cant wait to see the photos.
    Elmo has started going outside to do his stuff. The cats like having their own trays and don’t tend to share.

We use wood pellets, too, the kennel got us on to them and the keeper often gives us a couple of bags when we pick the cats up.
    We had wood pellets of various brands and they were very good, but then i got a pack that was very heavily scented with something sickly and forgot which brand it was so i avoid them all in case i get it again.
    Littsis wrote: »
    I can never be sure that OH will return in any time frame. He has been known to go out at 11am and return at 2am.
    I work in the shop from 11 til 4. Rhys gets home at 3.30. so Yoshi will be on his own for 4 and a half hours on Tuesdays. The first time that will happen is tomorrow week. By that time, Yoshi will still have issues dealing with strangers and children. I do not believe he will get distressed being on his own in the house, and there is nothing here that matters about being damaged. He isn't really a rescue dog, he is a dog no longer wanted by a couple with a baby. If I left him on his own tomorrow for half an hour, I still would not know what he would be like for 4 hours. Today I have left him in the car for 7 minutes while I was in Pets at Home. And then for 15 minutes while in the Co-op. He was very well behaved, moved himself to the driver seat on both occasions and was very calm when I left the car and equally calm when I returned. I know because I know. I am not a risk taker, but am a risk assessor.
    [/QUOTE]

Of course he is a rescue dog. A dog from family that treats him as a disposable object has suffered a trauma just as with more obvious cases. I am delighted for him that he has chosen a family who will love him for ever.
    I thought it was tomorrow that he was being left, not next week, which is a bit different and gives plenty of time for him to settle first. :)
    It sounds very promising that he was happy to wait in the car but did you know dogs are allowed at pets at home? (i think the car is the right choice until he is used to people, but for future reference)
    Gretel loves to go and choose her food. She walks up and down the aisle sniffing each one and then decides. She enjoys the complimentary chew thing they are given at the till but she has shocking manners and usually demands two.:o
    Forum Member

:D:D:D It is a triumph!
    The texture of the, what was a soft creamy centre is now the texture of Fudge, strange, but it's lovely.
    That must be the cooking not the freezing because i freeze mine and they are never fudge like. It sounds very nice.

I suppose it is no different to a chocolate croissant, really. Have you got lots of eggs now that your chocolate deprivation for "lent" is over?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it will need a lot of space around it for when it melts or explodes. I cant wait to see the photos.

We had wood pellets of various brands and they were very good, but then i got a pack that was very heavily scented with something sickly and forgot which brand it was so i avoid them all in case i get it again.

The one we’re using is Mayfield Woodbase cat litter. It just smells of wood.
    Forum Member
    The one we’re using is Mayfield Woodbase cat litter. It just smells of wood.

Thank you Gemo. :) I will make a note of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    We have a HUGE storm, lightening flickering on and off almost continually and thunder overhead. I have been fast asleep on the balcony for a couple of hours in the midst of it all. I had suddenly felt a bit nauseous and shivery for some reason, maybe the change in air pressure but feel better now after the sleep.......

Elmo is gorgeous!

Good experiment Hicky! I detest cream eggs so they hold no appeal for me but it was intriguing nonetheless.

Only Celeste needs the litter tray and it is in the basement where we store the tools. Despite it being a closed tray, she does manage to fling it about but she has to walk up a long uncarpeted staircase to the main floor so it doesn't tend to travel, thank goodness, although we don't have any carpets anyway.

Thank you Arte. :)

He is a lovely natured cat as well, and fastidiously clean.
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Only to the English. :p

Afternoon Elf, life is never dull with pets around. : D

I prefer using the wood pellets, they generally smell slightly of pine & it doesn't make as much mess as ordinary cat litter which tends to clump together! : eek:

Afternoon Joe :p

Very unusual for a cat to do that.....a dog would generally do it & not think twice about it.

You've never heard of Arbroath smokies then? :p

Elmo is very handsome.

I have indeed!

Afternoon Barra :D

They look vile!
    I have heard you mention them before, not sure if i've had them.

They don't taste any different.

Best on their own i think.
    Sorry i am with Sr, dont look very appealing at all :o
    They aren't really appealing, had to try them though.
    Artemesia wrote: »

Elmo is gorgeous!

It was worth a try, wouldn't try again though.

The pictures are on previous page but quoted higher up.

The eggs didn't melt or explode, but rather went more solid than they were.
    Just taste the same though, maybe less sickly.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That must be the cooking not the freezing because i freeze mine and they are never fudge like. It sounds very nice.

I suppose it is no different to a chocolate croissant, really. Have you got lots of eggs now that your chocolate deprivation for "lent" is over?

yes

have also managed to try chocolate philladelphia which suprisingly i didn't mind it
    Forum Member

I froze the eggs before cooking, think the cooking changed the state of the gooey centre.
    Forum Member
    yes

have also managed to try chocolate philladelphia which suprisingly i didn't mind it
    it is just the middle bit of chocolate cheesecake so i am not surprised so many people like it.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not quite what I expected but you were a good sport to give them a try :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course he is a rescue dog. A dog from family that treats him as a disposable object has suffered a trauma just as with more obvious cases. I am delighted for him that he has chosen a family who will love him for ever.
    I thought it was tomorrow that he was being left, not next week, which is a bit different and gives plenty of time for him to settle first. :)
    It sounds very promising that he was happy to wait in the car but did you know dogs are allowed at pets at home? (i think the car is the right choice until he is used to people, but for future reference)
    Gretel loves to go and choose her food. She walks up and down the aisle sniffing each one and then decides. She enjoys the complimentary chew thing they are given at the till but she has shocking manners and usually demands two.:o
    I buy Asda's own brand of wood pellets, you really only need to cover the bottom of the tray. I clean it out 1st thing in the morning & remove any poo during the day. 9 times out of 10 that lasts the whole day. One bag lasts me for a couple of weeks generally.
    Forum Member
    yes

Evening guys - dull and cold here, not very Eastery although it did brighten up for an hour or so.

I bought some 'choccie phillie' as she calls it, but I don't like it spread on anything. I'll probably end up spooning it out of the tub which will not be good for the weight loss:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Not quite what I expected but you were a good sport to give them a try :D
    I ate 1 but was going to give the other 3 to my lad as he's like a garbage disposal unit, but think i'll bin them, got another 11 eggs anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Evening guys - dull and cold here, not very Eastery although it did brighten up for an hour or so.

I bought some 'choccie phillie' as she calls it, but I don't like it spread on anything.
    I'll probably end up spooning it out of the tub which will not be good for the weight loss:rolleyes:
    Evening Jo.....it's quite mild here.
    That's just so wrong! The thought of it gives me the boak! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.