Favourite Sopranos Moments?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
In honour of James Gandolfini, what are your favourite moments from the series?

Mine would have to be the majority of the Pine Barrens episode, the killing of Big Pussy and the aftermath of Tony being shot by Uncle Junior to name but a few!

Comments

• DARCYFDARCYF Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Paulie Walnuts and Chris chasing the naked Russian guy through the snowy woods and him yelling 'you think this is cold, I come from Russia' and you never ever found out what actually happened and whether they ever caught him.

Other favourite bit was when you gradually realised Dr Melfi was not going to tell Tony about her rape. I would have.

RIP James Gandolfini.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Looks like Ranger Rick's a little light in the Timberlands."

"Everyone's gay to you!"

:D

Every moment of The Sopranos is my favourite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Melfi's rape. An horrific scene but acted to absolute perfection by Lorraine Bracco. And the end of the episode fitted well with her character, too, even if it was frustrating at the time.

"Pine Barrens". All of it. One of my favourite episodes of any TV show ever, along with "College" from season one and countless others.

The scene towards the end of season two just after Richie's body has been disposed of and Tony goes to pick Janice up, leading to a confrontation with Livia that ends with Tony tripping over himself to get away from her. Nobody else could make Tony do that and it's one of my favourite scenes from the whole show.

Tony and Carmela's break-up at the end of season four. That episode was the explosion after four seasons of buildup (decades for Carmela), and the acting displayed in those scenes was just phenomenal. Television perfection.

I could go on all day but those stand out for me.
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The eating of those ketchup satchets in the freezing cold car...

I have no words...
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very last scene.... fade to black.... good bye to Tony and and the Sopranos
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    The Killing of Pussy
    Most of the last episode
    And the plastic seat covers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paulie and the psychic is another favourite of mine.

The scenes between Tony and his mother were always winners.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every scene!

Special mention to pine barrens episode, and when Bobby Baccalieri comes into the kitchen wearing that awful hunting gear and Tonys reaction :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony's reaction to Bobby in hunting gear. Priceless :)

Any moment between Tony and Dr. Melfi. There was something special about these two characters.

And every scene between Tony and his mother. She was the biggest monster in the entire series
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode where Adriana dies - "Long Term Parking", so well done.

Also as has been mentioned, "Pine Barrens", I was glued to the screen from start to finish.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pine Barrens sheer class,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    When Ralphie was beheaded and his wig came off.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    DARCYF wrote: »
    Has to be Paulie Walnuts and Chris chasing the naked Russian guy through the snowy woods and him yelling 'you think this is cold, I come from Russia' and you never ever found out what actually happened and whether they ever caught him.

Other favourite bit was when you gradually realised Dr Melfi was not going to tell Tony about her rape. I would have.

RIP James Gandolfini.

I have to agree with you here the episode with the Russian Guy was sheer perfection from beginning to end, probably one of the best pieces of TV i have ever seen. Honourable mentions to Dr. Melfi's Rape, Tony and Paulie killing "Pussy", Christopher's on going Drug addiction, Tony's Shooting by Junior and Anthony Junior's Depression leading to him trying to drown himself. One of the best series ever on Tv.

I think this quote summed up Tony best. Janice: There's a Zuni Saying: for every 20 wrongs a Child does ignore 19 Tony: There's an Old Italian saying: **** up Once and you Lose two teeth. Brilliant RIP James Gandolfini.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silvio loves cheese around his feet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-LYLRK2Y38

Silvio the football hooligan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uat_jBT-zLk
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In honour of James Gandolfini, what are your favourite moments from the series?

Mine would have to be the majority of the Pine Barrens episode, the killing of Big Pussy and the aftermath of Tony being shot by Uncle Junior to name but a few!

The thing that I remember most about that is when Paulie and Silvio come to the hospital to give Carmella money to tide her over and they express concern for her, but as the lift door closes she sees Paulie's face harden as though he didn't really want to give her that money and the concern he showed was a sham.. It was the tiny details that made the Sopranos what it was.

I agree about Pine Barrens - a bit of a homage to the Cohen brothers I felt. :D

Another strong memory I have was Tony's dream when he was going to the house with all the lights .
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of the stories and characters that they could have of they ever done a Soprano prequel:cool:

The possibilities are endless
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the above great suggestions.
    How about these:
    Aftermath of Pine Barrens when Paulie is telling the story to the guys at the bar. :)
    Whenever Paulie cracks a joke and he has to tell it twice to make sure Tony heard it ;)
    The FBI agent in the final episode when he hears the other rival boss has been 'got' (argh I really forget the character names :( ) and his reaction 'YES. We're gonna win this thing'. His reaction was what we were all thinking. Brilliantly done.

I saw the Wire after I saw the sopranos and I do think The Wire was done better but for me Sopranos comes a very close second.

I've only ever bought two box sets in my life - sopranos and Wire. Ill be re watching sopranos as soon as I can (been meaning to for years :( ) in honor of the big man .
    RiP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of the stories and characters that they could have of they ever done a Soprano prequel:cool:

The possibilities are endless

They're already done a Silvio Dante in Norway ;)
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    All the above great suggestions.
    How about these:
    Aftermath of Pine Barrens when Paulie is telling the story to the guys at the bar. :)
    Whenever Paulie cracks a joke and he has to tell it twice to make sure Tony heard it ;)
    The FBI agent in the final episode when he hears the other rival boss has been 'got' (argh I really forget the character names :( ) and his reaction 'YES. We're gonna win this thing'. His reaction was what we were all thinking. Brilliantly done.

I saw the Wire after I saw the sopranos and I do think The Wire was done better but for me Sopranos comes a very close second.

I've only ever bought two box sets in my life - sopranos and Wire. Ill be re watching sopranos as soon as I can (been meaning to for years :( ) in honor of the big man .
    RiP

Agent Harris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Uncle Junior sees an episode of 'Curb your Enthusiasm' and wonders why him and Bobby are on TV :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdZhMsSZcA

Oh, and when the FBI told Adriana they had her bugged at Tony's house and she SPEWED all over the table :eek:

(I'll spare you the Youtube link for that one ;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Uncle Junior sees an episode of 'Curb your Enthusiasm' and wonders why him and Bobby are on TV :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdZhMsSZcA

Oh, and when the FBI told Adriana they had her bugged at Tony's house and she SPEWED all over the table :eek:

(I'll spare you the Youtube link for that one ;))

That Curb moment was pure brilliance.
    But I'll raise you that with this great comedy moment:
    http://youtu.be/a5EwnGUljoI

One of Bobbys finest
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo many. Spoilers ahead:

- Tony and Carmela fight about Furio or basically any time they fight. Kind of like Nate and Brenda in Six Feet Under, it just seems so real.
    - Pine Barrens
    - College
    - Adriana gets whacked
    - When Janice whacks Richie
    - When Janice punches the soccer mum
    - When Janice steals Svetlana's leg
    - Carmela in Paris
    - Poor Tracee, the stripper
    - The coma dream after Tony is shot. I think not a lot of people liked that, but I thought it was scene. All the hospital scenes were very well done, too.
    - When Tony has a fever or pretty much anything about Funhouse
    - Tony tries to rile up Janice after she takes anger management classes. Classic. "What's French-Canadian for "Grew Up Without A Mother?""
    - Any scenes where Melfi explores Tony's relationship with his mother
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Curb moment was pure brilliance.
    But I'll raise you that with this great comedy moment:
    http://youtu.be/a5EwnGUljoI

One of Bobbys finest

Heeeee:D

That just reminded me of the fight between Tony and Bobby:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiq2pBrLyNw

The Monopoly house stuck to Tony's face cracks me up every time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got a YouTube link for Janice v soccer mom? And what episode it was from?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got a YouTube link for Janice v soccer mom? And what episode it was from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0n73UtDsGM