Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Apparently Green threatened that Rangers could play friendlies for a year only for some SPL chairman to tell him the SFA wouldn't sanction the games.

Is Green aware he would have to buy most of a first team squad in order to make a friendly even slightly viable anyway?
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is John Fleck as a player, incidentally? Bear in mind I speak from the perspective of a now-third tier fan starved of anything good for a long, long time.
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    How is John Fleck as a player, incidentally? Bear in mind I speak from the perspective of a now-third tier fan starved of anything good for a long, long time.

Absolutely ******* hopeless with a shite attitude. Dubbed the Scottish Rooney as a kid based it seems solely on being a chubby teenager.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the pun!:D
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What pun?
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What pun?

Bear as in Teddy bears, polite nickname for the team formally known as Rangers.
  • ty webbty webb Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    Can't punish Sevco for the EBTs.

It was another club that had them.

"It was another club that had them"? Sorry but the club still exists, its the previous Company that is due to be liquidated.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil Doncaster doesn't envisage any SPL clubs going bust as a result of the vote earlier today.

As least I think it was Doncaster, could've been Forrest Gump

Seems Bomber has turned the RFFF meeting into his show, sounds like the other mouthpiece Sandy Jardine is none too amused at the spotlight being stolen from him.

McCoist admits he doesn't know the new board so doesn't know if he can trust them.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ty webb wrote: »
    "It was another club that had them"? Sorry but the club still exists, its the previous Company that is due to be liquidated.:D

That might be what the Rangers support want people to believe but I don't buy it.

When the company was put into liquidation that was the end of the club. Now there is a new club starting afresh.

If I bought a set of Jack Nicklaus' golf clubs and changed my name to The Jack Nicklaus would I be able to claim that I am Jack Nicklaus and that the Majors he won were mine?
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Aberdeen have signed Niall McGinn, another impressive signing for the Dons.

Very good signing, Aberdeen and Hibs have made some impressive signings pre-season. Both clubs have endured failure upon failure upon recent seasons in the league. Both clubs should be top 6.
    grps3 wrote: »
    they should play a game to decide

Would be great to watch but too little time to organise, unfair on both clubs plus Dundee should be promoted.

No to newco !!! :D

Was good to see the SPL clubs stay strong in their stance by saying No.

So presuming The Rangers move to division 3, although shouldn't presume. That in theory should mean Dundee in the SPL, Dunfermline in division 1. Who would then bump up to the first and second division ? I can't remember the play off losers and it's been taken off bbc site.

The Rangers will also play in the Ramsdens Cup probably in place of Dundee.

I think it's ridiculous the vote isn't until July 12th. I think they should move the season back 2 weeks to give teams proper chance to prepare for the new season, we have a wee break in winter this year we just have to schedule some games in that period and hope the weather isn't too shabby.

Regardless of what division The Rangers are in I can see a new TV deal being agreed to show SFL highlights. Or live games involving the new co.

10 years from now will be interesting.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Aberdeen can get another 15-20 goal a season striker to partner Vernon they'll have the best attack outwith the team in Glasgow.
    Forum Member
    Help me out here guys.....

Lets follow the logic of the rangers in div 3 scenario.

Glasgow Rangers slip out of existence which leads to a free slot in the SPL, this goes to Dundee/Dunfermline. This in turn leads to a free slot in the SFL at the bottom as everyone else moves up one place. Is this right so far?

The SFL then invite applications for the new spot in the league as they have done before.

What is the criteria for the new club to gain entry?

It seems to me there are a few ambitions non-league clubs who would fancy a crack at the SFL and could put forward good cases for any free slot. Why is assumed the The Rangers would automatically get in? On the one hand of course its obvious why but realistically as it stands there are many reason why it isn't/shouldnt be a given?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Help me out here guys.....

Lets follow the logic of the ranger in div 3 scenario.

Glasgow Rangers slip out of existence which leads to a free slot in the SPL, this goes to Dundee/Dunfermline. This in turn leads to a free slot in the SFL at the bottom as everyone else moves up one place. Is this right so far?

The SFL then invite applications for the new spot in the league as they have done before.

What is the criteria for the new club to gain entry?

It seems to me there are a few ambitions non-league clubs who would fancy a crack at the SFL and could put forward good cases for any free slot. Why is assumed the The Rangers would automatically get in? On the one hand of course its obvious why but realistically as it stands there are many reason why it isn't/shouldnt be a given?

SFL membership is a criteria based decision, Rangers will meet most of the criteria hands down and will be voted in on that basis.

One sticking point is the lack of accounts, however tbh I can't see a credible reason as to why the NewCo will not be allowed in, unless there are holes in the Green masterplan and they can be certain of funding to the end of the season.
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    There has been strong talks of Dean Shiels returning to us, Killie can't afford him. Not a huge fan of players returning but Deano was a great impact player first time around, he got fans of their seats and I believe he would come back a much stronger player and a definite starter.

So glad we signed McPake though, he is our new leader and it's good to see Fenlon recognising we need to build from the back. Interesting to see how Clancy turns out, didn't pay much attention to him last season. Turning down Champions League football to join us though.

We play our first friendly next week against the mighty Rapid Bucharest in Grangemouth. Intrigued just to see what Grangemouth stadium is like, it's meant to be an athletics track. Could have just went to Meadowbank ? Apparently Rapid are using Stirling's facilities and want to play the games at Grangemouth. Think they play Motherwell and Livi there also.

Also on the subject of Hibs, I am in love with our new home strip :D
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Club Statement
    Posted July 4, 2012

Due to speculation surrounding the issue of “Rangers” and its possible admission to the SFL, the Board of Cowdenbeath FC wishes to clarify the following.

At the regular monthly Board Meeting held on Monday 2nd July 2012, the Board of Cowdenbeath resolved that it would support any application made by “Rangers” to join the SFL. It would not support any attempt to admit “Rangers” into the First Division of the SFL.

Today, “Rangers” have been excluded from the SPL.

At an Emergency Board Meeting held at Central Park tonight (4th July 2012) the Board again considered the matter.

The Board decided that it would support any application by “Rangers” to join the SFL but would vote against the present proposal which, amongst other matters, would admit “Rangers” directly into the First Division of the SFL.

This decision has been taken in the interests of football and the best interests of Cowdenbeath FC.

A Board spokesman said “If integrity in our game is to survive, then Rangers must start off SFL life in the Third Division. This is an SPL problem but the Clubs of that league have taken their decision for reasons which they must explain to all Scottish football supporters. The SPL and SFA should have resolved this long before now. They have tried to pass the buck to the SFL clubs and have tried to force them to accept “Rangers” into the First Division – to provide the greatest benefit to the SPL. This lacks any integrity and casts a dark shadow over our game. Cowdenbeath FC condemns this approach. The Board is in no doubt that our stance is consistent with integrity and the long term financial future of our Club. We ask all supporters of what ever Club, who share our views, to rally round and back us in the Season ahead”.

Chairman Donald Findlay added – “Speaking for myself, and myself alone, it is clear to me that people at the highest levels of our game have tried to hold a gun to my head and the heads of my colleagues. That will never work. But I have a long memory and will not forget what they tried to do and the way they tried to bend me, and this Club, to their will. That will never be allowed to happen”

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=1075
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    That might be what the Rangers support want people to believe but I don't buy it.

When the company was put into liquidation that was the end of the club. Now there is a new club starting afresh.

If I bought a set of Jack Nicklaus' golf clubs and changed my name to The Jack Nicklaus would I be able to claim that I am Jack Nicklaus and that the Majors he won were mine?

Celtic was a football club long before they existed as a company, what year do you use as your established date on your badge?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet the 'man' who is chairman of one club is the chief legal advisor of Bomber's consortium of 'The Rangers fans'
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Stewart Regan, there will be "civil unrest" if NewCo Rangers aren't allowed into the First Division.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    According to Stewart Regan, there will be "civil unrest" if NewCo Rangers aren't allowed into the First Division.

I think Regan and Doncaster should just stop with the comments.

I never knew these two went way back until earlier today.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

He's talking rubbish, Rangers fans want to be in the 3rd division.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    He's talking rubbish, Rangers fans want to be in the 3rd division.

Maybe he means Jim Traynor will cause civil unrest.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This clown doesnt know when to stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Celtic was a football club long before they existed as a company, what year do you use as your established date on your badge?

:D:D:D:D

You've got no idea what the incorporation number signifies do you?
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happens if the 'New Rangers' are not allowed into the 3rd div who replace them:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    What happens if the 'New Rangers' are not allowed into the 3rd div who replace them:confused:

The SFL should be asking teams to apply for the vacant space.
This discussion has been closed.