Options

Ex EE actor Sam Strike cast in NBC's Timeless

_elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I know there are a few Sam Strike fans on the forum who don't frequent the Johnny Carter Appreciation Thread so I thought it was worth posting that Sam recently filmed an episode of Timeless, a show on NBC in the US, in which he played Clive Barrow, AKA one half of the infamous bank robbers 'Bonnie and Clyde'.

Article:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/27/timeless-bonnie-clyde-jacqueline-byers-sam-strike

Pictures from the episode (spoilers if you don't know what happened to Bonnie and Clyde!):

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/timeless-episode-109-last-ride-of.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And a short advert for the episode, which airs on NBC next Monday:

https://youtu.be/a-GFv-Vdn_w

The show has been picked up by E4 in the UK and will start the week after next, Wednesday 14th December at 9pm - Sam's episode is episode 9 so provided there are no breaks, it should hopefully air on the 8th February.

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw an ad for it last night it looked good and I have seen and liked some of the cast in stuff before. i meant to google it last night.

Will keep an eye out for Sam's appearance but my eyes will mostly be on Matt Lanter
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him. I enjoyed his brief stint on EastEnders and I think it was clear he was destined for great things.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Good for him. I enjoyed his brief stint on EastEnders and I think it was clear he was destined for great things.

Unfortunately I don't think Sam has lived up to his potential so far - there was a long period where we didn't hear anything about what he was doing - but my optimism has been renewed by this news and I'm hoping it will act as a good calling card for more quality TV work.
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredibly long and drawn out show, be surprised if it makes it past a season.
  • Options
    NotoriousVNotoriousV Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    No official confirmation but he might be doing the World War Z 2 movie. Someone asked on Instagram if "this is the Fincher job" and there's another pic of him wearing a "blood" stained shirt. Looked on IMDB and virtually none of the cast have been named aside from Brad Pitt.

As for the other stuff he's been doing Bonded By Blood 2 has been completed but the release delayed for ages. Leatherface seems to have had similar issues.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 03/05/17 - 12:35 #7
    Good luck to him. I hope it's true

Massive shame about Leatherface. He filmed that movie 2 years ago. I hope it gets a release at some point. Would be perfect for a summer or Halloween release.
  • Options
    Michael789Michael789 Posts: 2,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen this episode he did really well, which breaks my heart because now he definitely won't come back and replace fake Johnny :neutral:
  • Options
    Vinnie_WrightVinnie_Wright Posts: 16,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael789 wrote: »
    Seen this episode he did really well, which breaks my heart because now he definitely won't come back and replace fake Johnny :neutral:

He's better off not coming back - he'll just stand around again like he did for an entire year before he quit the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 03/05/17 - 13:55 #10

He's better off not coming back - he'll just stand around again like he did for an entire year before he quit the first time.

Which wasn't his fault. An actor can only work with what they are given
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which wasn't his fault. An actor can only work with what they are given

Absolutely. I didn't think much of his acting on Eastenders but I know that he never had any opportunity to act (even the much-hyped coming out scene was all about Danny Dyer). I admire him for taking a chance and I hope it pays off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think with what little he was given, he proved to be a good actor actually. Give me Sam Strike any day over Ted Reilly or even the dreadfully hammy Harry Reid. Sam Strike was one of the few young actors that could actually act while under DTC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think with what little he was given, he proved to be a good actor actually. Give me Sam Strike any day over Ted Reilly or even the dreadfully hammy Harry Reid. Sam Strike was one of the few young actors that could actually act while under DTC.

I thought he was awkward with men (although I thought he and Gary Lucy worked well together) and much too attractive for the role, so I can't be a fair judge. It doesn't help that I really didn't care for the Carter writing of that period. There were decent moments - I thought he did well in the scenes where he snapped at Linda.

I thought the young cast were decent under DTC (even Jacq Jossa, who has been quite poor since her return), but he gave them nothing to do or packed most of them off until we were left with scraps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the awkwardness was on purpose because Johnny wasn't the most confident person anyway whether it was with men or even other characters. I thought Jac Jossa was wasted under DTC and I think she did her best work while under Lorraine Newman. And it's only taken until 2017 while now under SOC for Lauren to be at the centre of a big storyline again.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Surely he can't be making enough money to support himself with so little work.
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the awkwardness was on purpose because Johnny wasn't the most confident person anyway whether it was with men or even other characters. I thought Jac Jossa was wasted under DTC and I think she did her best work while under Lorraine Newman. And it's only taken until 2017 while now under SOC for Lauren to be at the centre of a big storyline again.

In which she's demonstrating what a poor actress she is.
  • Options
    shades101shades101 Posts: 9,133
    Forum Member
    Well done Sam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Surely he can't be making enough money to support himself with so little work.

Or he was wise with money and made sure he had enough to live on well based on the money he has made on various projects over the years.
  • Options
    Davy_rocksDavy_rocks Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad someone else likes jac jossa I agree Lauren had a big role during Lorraine Newman's era
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I prefer Ted Reilly. Sam Strike always seemed like he didn't want to be there.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »

Ted Reilly acts like he doesn't know where he is.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well Jossa spent the majority of DTC's tenure pregnant and then on maternity leave so hardly surprising. She was given a role in the climax to the Lucy plot and then was brought back again for the courtroom drama and Max's exit so she had some big material when they could fit her in.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

Does he live in the US now?
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him for having ambition. I hope he does well. And more importantly, nice to see elly posting again!
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »

Ted Reilly acts like he doesn't know where he is.

He is completely out of his depth!
  • Options
    lux_aeternalux_aeterna Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 03/05/17 - 18:02 #26
    Why are people trying to bash Ted but it is funny that all of a sudden people who bashed Sam are praising him now lol.