Foxsat-HDR Bugs Thread [Merged]

1252627282931»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digitl wrote: »
    It would seem to be quite a coincidence that on both occasions the box recorded in SD rather than the HD it was set for.

Possibly not a coincidence, it could be the systematic cause of the problem you are seeing. There could be many reasons for you thinking that you've set a recording in HD but it actuallly recorded in SD. To start with, ITV do seem to be prone to problems with correctly flagging programmes as HD. There's been well founded reports of programmes being flagged as HD on the EPG, but then being in SD. Likewise for HD programmes not being flagged as HD in the EPG. Sometime these get fixed, sometimes they don't. A lot may depend on when you set the recording and whether the EPG data changed afterwards. Secondly, there is the possibility of a bug in the HDR that causes the SD channel to to be recorded. I think this would be a bug that has not been isolated yet, but that doesn't mean there could not be an obscure bug lurling that rears its head under particular circumstances. Finally, there is "operator error" which cannot be discounted.

I would suggest that, when you set an ITV HD recording, you double (perhaps triple) check that the HDR has actually scheduled the recording to be in HD. Then, if it records in SD, you could report it here together with as much of the circumstances as you can, e.g. which ITV region did you set it from, when you set the recording, was it a series or indivudual recording, what other recording(s) overlapped with it. It might help track down an obscure problem.
  • White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further Development of Non Freesat Mode Bug:

I know many people have previously reported that a scan in non Freesat mode wipes out all scheduled recordings but just switching modes does not.

I have to report that I'm now finding that just switching modes DOES also wipe out all scheduled recordings.

At first I thought it was just me, but its done it twice now, wiped out every schedule and I haven't re-scanned.
  • CPNCPN Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first I thought it was just me, but its done it twice now, wiped out every schedule and I haven't re-scanned.
    You don't have to re-scan for it to wipe a channel after just switching. You only have to do something as simple as move the position (re-order) of a given channel in the channel list or even delete one you don't need, THEN it wipes out your schedule. If you just switch back and forth without upsetting either the channel list numbering (non-freesat) or the EPG (freesat) it won't wipe the schedule. I've proved this repeatedly.

Colin
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPN wrote: »
    You don't have to re-scan for it to wipe a channel after just switching. You only have to do something as simple as move the position (re-order) of a given channel in the channel list or even delete one you don't need, THEN it wipes out your schedule. If you just switch back and forth without upsetting either the channel list numbering (non-freesat) or the EPG (freesat) it won't wipe the schedule. I've proved this repeatedly.

Colin

I also have never lost a schedule when using non freesat mode including recording programmes. As you say the slightest mod to the non freesat listing does delete freesat schedules
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carvell wrote: »
    I've found that if you're watching something that is still recording then as soon as the recording finishes, it jumps to live tv, rather than just carrying on with playing back what's been recorded.

Wish I had read this thread before Saturday. Had the (Irish) parents-in-law round on Saturday to enjoy the Wales/Ireland rugby game in HD on my new Foxsat PVR. For whatever reason, I was recording the game but had started to watch it live and then paused it at some point.

So, it's five minutes to go and the game is getting very tense...........

Oh, no, sorry, it's all over, the Irish have won! :(

I'm not frowning because the Irish won, just the fact that it jumped to the live picture.

I will now read past carvell's post to see what other people have said about this situation, but it took me 1/2 hour to get that far :)

Great piece of kit though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Mart,

Exactly the same happened to me - 19 minutes left, fantastic match... Flicker...Ireland have won the Grand Slam.

Only another 61 years to wait for the next one. Perhaps they will have fixed the bugs by then though:)

Actually I do quite like the Humax apart from the issues everyone else reports . And at least I understand why this problem happened now.

However, I reported this to Humax and they just told me to do a factory reset:mad: And I thought that being told to reformat and reinstall at the first sign of trouble was limited to Microsoft support!

Andy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Wish I had read this thread before Saturday. Had the (Irish) parents-in-law round on Saturday to enjoy the Wales/Ireland rugby game in HD on my new Foxsat PVR. For whatever reason, I was recording the game but had started to watch it live and then paused it at some point.

So, it's five minutes to go and the game is getting very tense...........

Oh, no, sorry, it's all over, the Irish have won! :(

I'm not frowning because the Irish won, just the fact that it jumped to the live picture.

I will now read past carvell's post to see what other people have said about this situation, but it took me 1/2 hour to get that far :)

Great piece of kit though!

Sorry confused here. Just to confirm you were watching the game in chase play mode? You were also recording it? When the actual recording stopped you were dumped out to the live feed, correct. If this is true why didn't you just watch the recording, i.e FF to the bit you were dumped out and watch the rest???

Or am I missing something?

Woolfynorm.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woolfynorm wrote: »

Woolfynorm.

Do you read a book to the middle and then read the last chapter? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woolfynorm wrote: »
    Sorry confused here. Just to confirm you were watching the game in chase play mode? You were also recording it? When the actual recording stopped you were dumped out to the live feed, correct. If this is true why didn't you just watch the recording, i.e FF to the bit you were dumped out and watch the rest???

Woolfynorm.

I can confirm it was chase play. Actually I didn't tell the whole story (because it sounds completely ridiculous, but is true), I actually realised what had happened and dived in front of the TV and shouted loudly that my wife and parents-in-law should shut their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and start making a noise. Believe it or not........ they did! I then went into the recording and set it back-up for them to watch the last five minutes.

But, to Gaseous's point, Woolfynorm, it wouldn't have been the same knowing the outcome. So, you are spot-on in a pure technical sense, but please appreciate the emotional trauma :D

Anyway, if, as indicated, this wouldn't have been a problem if I had watched the recording then I know what to do in future!
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two series links set up for recording the F1 qualifying/race (BBC1) and highlights (BBC3). The series links have updated for next weeks Bahrain grand prix however whereas the highlights link has updated its name to reflect it's the Bahrain Grand Prix the qualifying/race link still states the Chinese Grand Prix. Pressing info does give the correct name and checking the EPG also shows it has the correct name it's just the schedule drecording list thats giving misleading information :confused: