• biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    jesus christ i need a rest after that episode lol my nerves are gone

such an amazing end WOW enjoyed all 8episodes over the past 2 nights

poor hershal what a horrible way to go:cry:
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic episode, sad about Hershal he was one of my favorites. The other half thought it would go the same way of the comics but it never does, sneaky!...nobody is safe. Rick needs to stop being a wuss!
    Forum Member
    this episode really made up for the lame attack of the prison in the s3 finale

i do think season5 should be the last season aswell anyone else think this?

go out on a high before people get sick of it 5seasons is amazing for a zombie series
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    this episode really made up for the lame attack of the prison in the s3 finale

i do think season5 should be the last season aswell anyone else think this?

go out on a high before people get sick of it 5seasons is amazing for a zombie series

Yeah, Gimple actually said at the start of the season that this would be kind of a "greatest hits" thing, with elements re-imagined from the first few series. I think a lot of us felt that was an anti-climax, so glad they re-did it how it should have been.

I dunno about going out on a high, it all rather depends how many fresh ideas there are.

The new series from Kirkman could be interesting, not sure how that's all going to link in, if it all.

Darabont wanted to stay in Atlanta, I think, but the budget restrictions caused the riff and made that impossible, but they must have such a bigger budget now with the ridiculous ratings, who knows what they could do.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel any urge for it to stop after Season 5 - if I get fed up I'd stop watching.

Just watched The Talking Dead - someone earlier described it as a downer. It was, and then some. Scott Wilson clearly hadn't wanted to leave and everyone was sorry to see him go (I'll miss him far more than Dale) I'm going to be on the look out for his films now - didn't realise he played Sam Braun in CSI either.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I think the show will have at least another 3 seasons it all depends if they can think of fresh storylines and keep the fans interested. The Walking Dead Already had a huge following so that helps with its TV life span to but who knows.

But if the show was to lose viewers then the budget would be cut which would mean it could would the quality of the show. I would rather the show go out on high like Breaking Bad did i would hate for it to just be cancelled which ruses the writers and does not always give a decent ending.
  • Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way that season 5 is the last season. The Walking Dead is the highest scripted show in the U.S. AMC is making hand over fist from the ad revenue. I can see 5 more seasons if the cost of the show does not explode.
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I think the show will have at least another 3 seasons it all depends if they can think of fresh storylines and keep the fans interested. The Walking Dead Already had a huge following so that helps with its TV life span to but who knows.

But if the show was to lose viewers then the budget would be cut which would mean it could would the quality of the show. I would rather the show go out on high like Breaking Bad did i would hate for it to just be cancelled which ruses the writers and does not always give a decent ending.

this is it eventually all these fictional dramas do run out of steam somewhere after or around the 5 season mark

it would be great if the writers had an endgame to work towards
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I'm not so sure it was him. All the supplies had been taken and surely he would have kept the supplies there so his group could just take them.
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I must admit, I didn't notice damage to the fence, but your second paragraph holds merit; what would have have gained? Nothing.

My only reason for thinking that though, is that he knew about the other camp being taken out (that's how/why he led the brothers back there). How did he know if it wasn't him that did it? If it was another group, why didn't he say something? A bit suspicious to me.
    I do think Brian did it. His motive - to create fear and panic amongst the group, again making himself look good, stronger and building up to the slaughter of those in charge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode tonight. Sad that Herschel is dead, but I think it was necessary to move everything into the chaos that has to follow with the scattered group - emotional chaos and otherwise. Great acting, as always, from Scott Wilson. I hadn't realised quite how many great films he'd been in over the years, including In the Heat of the Night.

Also a fitting end to The Governor, so well acted by David Morrisey a wonderful actor.

Really looking forward to February 9th :) Seems so far away :( lol
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I must admit, for the first 30 mins or so I was getting vibes of the season 3 finale. Underwhelming, disappointing, people who must spend all day every day practising their aim firing but not hitting anyone etc... Then it just took off.

I think we all had that suspicion that Hershel's time might be up, but it didn't make it any less hard to watch, especially since he didn't die from the first swipe of the sword. :( I was rather surprised to see The Governor overpower Rick after Rick decked Tyreese but I guess it was necessary so that Michonne could come to the rescue and be the one to put him down (but is he really dead?).

For a second I thought Daryl was going to get bitten! Isn't he just the ultimate bad ass though? Talk about a one man army. When 'Creepy Girl' put a bullet in that woman's head I can't believe I almost cheered; what a warped world it's become for them! Rick seems to be the only one who still believes they can get back to some sort of normality, but maybe even his mind will have changed now.

Far from a perfect episode, but I will definitely be tuning in next year to see where Scott Gimple is going to take us! I'm still intrigued about that radio transmission, and can we have Morgan back please? :)
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The production has to walk this line between TV viewers and those who are great fans of the comics. I too saw the Talking dead but won't watch again as it is upsetting to watch an actor leave a small family unit.

This show won't die until they do something stupid like kill off Rick or Daryl. Plus life can get in the way as we have seen with Paul Walker and Cory Monteiths deaths.

It is also good to keep the length short to keep quality and allow the actors to do different parts if they want.

The only other thing that might kill it is infighting. I was just reading about Darabont and the actor who played Dale. They do seem to change show runners a lot and nepotism and egos can run riot.
  • 5panky5panky Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode, I know it was slow to get to this point but I liked the way it played out with the governor. He couldn't change he's an evil badass to the core, he was never gonna settle down be a family man.

It will be interesting to see how the season pans out now with the threat of the virus and the governor now gone. We'll obviously see them re-group but if they hit the road again/look for a new home it may get very samey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't get were the criticism for this episode is coming from. Daryl hiding behind that zombie was a bit far-fetched but i suppose the same person will love films like Die Hard.

As soon as i saw the Gov watching Michonne & Hershall I knew Hershal was a gonna in this episode. I've read the comics up to where we left and Tyreese & Michonne (who were bucking each other at this point) run off to get revenge on the Gov (Who raped Michonne earlier repeatidly) They get caught and the Gov beheads Tyreese the same way Herhsal got there.

It is a shame however that Hershal got so little screen time in his final episode. I would have liked one more final speech from him. When Rick was saying his speech Hershals smile was terrific. He knew he was going to get killed & his smile was terrific. It said alot more than words could have. Shame we didn't get a zombie Hershal with his neck popping open. Also if you go back to his speech about whatever they do nowadays they risk their lives to do so. He only went to help Michonne with the dead bodies and that ultimately cost him his life.

As for the baby. She dies in the comic but i don't think she's dead in the show. I think that scene with the bloodied car seat was to leave it open especially with the comic book fans.

The Governer dying was a good shock. David Morrissey done well to trick all of us by saying he wasn't leaving the show for sometime. I would have liked Daryl to get a crossbow into him also but Lily killing him was great. It was a bit silly how they destroyed so much of the prison when they wanted it themselves.

Meghan dying was a bit unnecessary i thought. But it shows just how dangerous this world is still. A child can't even play in some mud without getting bit. The walker coming up through the mud was done wonderfully though. Was Lily & Meghan the only two people from that camp that didn't go and fight? If not then surely someone else should have been watching the surroundings & Lily watching Meghan?

There is so much stuff to go through here I could type for the rest of the day,

Whoever mentioned Maggie in the Talking Dead by the way. I agree. She is fantastically beautiful. I hope her next job after this is in England so i can go propose to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I get why people criticize the show. I just get caught up in the storyline and the drama, that I forget that Daryl hiding behind a decayed corpse for protection against many rounds of bullets is a little bit far fetched.

Then you think of the tank destroying most of the prison and then think to yourself, why are they wanting to fight their way into a place that is no longer safe? Surely one of the governor's group would have realised quickly how much of a lunatic he is, leading them to a place that will never be a safe haven. Not to mention the guy who's brother he killed in cold blood just to become leader of the group, who then suddenly pleads allegiance to the governor for no good
    reason. Either people are more stupid at the end of the world or the governor has some sort of hypnotic trance on them all.

It did feel like this was another writers rehash of what happened last year, only on a bigger scale and with story progression. It's like they just wanted to squeeze a little bit more life out of the prison before they bid farewell to it completely. That's what's wrong with this show. The showrunners seem to have a revolving door policy and the story and characters get butchered in the process. No where more is this evident than in the character of Andrea. This is where the showrunner could have drawn from the comic for inspiration, instead they chose to make her a bit of a dumb blonde who falls for the bad guy every time.

It's a good job I love the show so much because it does start to irritate me the more I start to think about it...
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoa last night was intense.

Mrs Dazzy71 even shouted out NO!!!! When Hershal took one to the neck. Its a shame to see him go as liked his character. As for Daryl, well he's just a bad ass
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like the Governor stopped caring about whether the prison was safe or not the second he saw Meghan was dead. She was the main reason he wanted it to be kept in one piece, but obviously, the second he knew she was dead, none of that mattered anymore.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I feel like the Governor stopped caring about whether the prison was safe or not the second he saw Meghan was dead. She was the main reason he wanted it to be kept in one piece, but obviously, the second he knew she was dead, none of that mattered anymore.

I agree with that. I think his world just went to pieces all over again when he saw her and coldly put the bullet in her head like nothing mattered anymore.

Also who is the traitor in the prison? They still havent been revealed which means that one group is travelling with someone thats not to be trusted. I'm guessing its the girls with Tyrese but it could be Bob with Maggie and Sasha too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »

Also who is the traitor in the prison? They still havent been revealed which means that one group is travelling with someone thats not to be trusted. I'm guessing its the girls with Tyrese but it could be Bob with Maggie and Sasha too.

Yeah. Also what did Bob have in that box when Sasha disturbed him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Yeah. Also what did Bob have in that box when Sasha disturbed him?
    Booze, I'd say.

I think the 'traitor' in the camp is the (not so) little girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And people are complaining that the rat feeder hasn't been found still, but I think it's much more interesting to have a potential psychopath on the road with someone. Not every plot has to be concluded within a couple of episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Booze, I'd say.

I think the 'traitor' in the camp is the (not so) little girl.
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    And people are complaining that the rat feeder hasn't been found still, but I think it's much more interesting to have a potential psychopath on the road with someone. Not every plot has to be concluded within a couple of episodes.

I think the little girl is too obvious. I'm not that bothered about this storyline really.

There was a psychopath in the comics but he killed people in the prison not rats.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the little girl is too obvious. I'm not that bothered about this storyline really.

There was a psychopath in the comics but he killed people in the prison not rats.
    The girl being a psychopath who cuts animals open wouldn't be following Thomas, but the twins from the comics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah
    there were a pair of twins, about 8 maybe, called Ben and Billy, and one of them killed a cat and cut it open and also killed his brother, but because he never touched the brain, he thought he'd come back. lol
  • Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was fantasic end to the mid-season. Episode truely blew me away and I was genuinely gutted to see Hershel die so awfully. Great acting all round, and roll on Feb 9th. :)