Options

The Walking Dead Season 4 [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    I think the people on the bus were the sick ones from the prison and probably didnt have any weapons because they came straight from the quarantine cell block so I can only guess that all it would take is one or two of them at the front of the bus to die in their sleep unnoticed and turn on the rest of them. I think Jenner said that reanimation times can be anywhere between 30 seconds and 4 hours so if one or two died and reanimated in 30 seconds I suppose its possible the rest of the passengers were caught off guard and too weak to fight since they hadnt fully recovered. I guess Sasha recovered first because she was treated first

Sounds reasonable, moving sick people is always likely to lead to casualties.
  • Options
    GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    LOved this episode. Loved how we got multiple stories
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    loved this episode,i like seeing all the groups scattered and not just focus on one group like last week.

the mid season finale was amazing and my fav bit was when the two young girls blew the 2 from the other group away,Lizzie? is becoming my favorite,shes totally unhinged:D

I think Daryl might get with the blonde girl.The baby was where i expected it to be.The Maggie group was kinda boring.

not happy with the return of carol,i don't really like her:blush:

Enjoyed the glen and Tara? scenes.glad she is becoming part of the group.

Will be interesting to see if the new group are good or bad.they look like bad-asses and i expect they can handle themselves really well.can't wait to see more of them.

All in all i loved the episode.

Does anyone watch "The talking dead"......its quite good.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved this episode,i like seeing all the groups scattered and not just focus on one group like last week.

the mid season finale was amazing and my fav bit was when the two young girls blew the 2 from the other group away,Lizzie? is becoming my favorite,shes totally unhinged:D

I think Daryl might get with the blonde girl.The baby was where i expected it to be.The Maggie group was kinda boring.

not happy with the return of carol,i don't really like her:blush:

Enjoyed the glen and Tara? scenes.glad she is becoming part of the group.

Will be interesting to see if the new group are good or bad.they look like bad-asses and i expect they can handle themselves really well.can't wait to see more of them.

All in all i loved the episode.

Does anyone watch "The talking dead"......its quite good.:)

Yep, I love it, it's a really good way of finding out what's going on in the minds of the makers of the shows and the actors. Hardwick is a big fan of the show and seems to love being involved.

Guests can vary in quality, but I consider it essential now, I particularly like when Nicotero is on. Oh and the actresses always look so glam compared to the show, it's quite the contrast.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking about which group I would like to be in.

Michonne & Daryl & Carol are my favourites.

As much as I would like some Daryl time I couldn't cope with Beth.

Michonne, I couldn't tolerate Carl too long.

So I quite like the idea of being with Tyreese, most importantly with psycho Lizzie and the bonus of Carol joining them wins it for me :)

That Maggie relief/cry/happy scene on the bus dragged out several seconds too long for me, move on already, at least one of the other 2 said the rest were good people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was thinking about which group I would like to be in.

Michonne & Daryl & Carol are my favourites.

As much as I would like some Daryl time I couldn't cope with Beth.

Michonne, I couldn't tolerate Carl too long.

So I quite like the idea of being with Tyreese, most importantly with psycho Lizzie and the bonus of Carol joining them wins it for me :)

That Maggie relief/cry/happy scene on the bus dragged out several seconds too long for me, move on already, at least one of the other 2 said the rest were good people.

Nah, I'd feel safer with the Walkers than that little sociopath.

Maggies/Sasha/Bob group for me, she's hot, and Stookey is a medical man, and will always know where the booze is. Mind you Maggie is a bit unhinged too, but when you look like that you can get away with it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get about Zombies, is that when there are lots of zombies and only a few humans, the zombies eat most of the body when they kill them so how can they come back as able bodied zombies?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't get about Zombies, is that when there are lots of zombies and only a few humans, the zombies eat most of the body when they kill them so how can they come back as able bodied zombies?

Well, I guess it's all the people getting away, after being injured. Also if you die of natural causes you become a zombie in this World. Atlanta is a pretty big town, there's very few humans left, and even if there's many more Zoms, that still leaves a lot of people who have been ate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess it's all the people getting away, after being injured. Also if you die of natural causes you become a zombie in this World. Atlanta is a pretty big town, there's very few humans left, and even if there's many more Zoms, that still leaves a lot of people who have been ate.

Yes but in some zombie shows and films, you see one person surrounded by loads of zombies and get attacked, then you see them again as a whole zombie with perhaps one bit, yet they would have been eaten to the bone by that many zombies.

It is the same with Aliens. People get attacked, but then you see some of them being used as egg hosts without a bite on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but in some zombie shows and films, you see one person surrounded by loads of zombies and get attacked, then you see them again as a whole zombie with perhaps one bit, yet they would have been eaten to the bone by that many zombies.

It is the same with Aliens. People get attacked, but then you see some of them being used as egg hosts without a bite on them.

TBF, I love Zombie stuff, but I have to say I'm not that sold on the mechanics of it, but hey I don't believe in most supernatural things, but I love lots of films, TV and books about it.

Aliens, I think they're sentient beings who pick out hosts not to kill and maim. Like most parasitic creatures, I guess perhaps a case could be said for Zombies doing the same, all organisms no matter how basic want survival of their species, so maybe they don't maim them all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBF, I love Zombie stuff, but I have to say I'm not that sold on the mechanics of it, but hey I don't believe in most supernatural things, but I love lots of films, TV and books about it.

Aliens, I think they're sentient beings who pick out hosts not to kill and maim. Like most parasitic creatures, I guess perhaps a case could be said for Zombies doing the same, all organisms no matter how basic want survival of their species, so maybe they don't maim them all.
    Well it is nothing that keeps me up at night.

It just bugs me that a mob of zombies will attack someone and then you see them be an almost unscathed zombie.

Look at the way people get ripped apart in Day of The Dead.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this episode. I am so glad they moved away from the prison
    Also the Maggie/Glen romance was boring so glad they split them up.
    Lizzie will be interesting to watch. When faced by trauma you can go two ways: turn off your emotion and become a psychopath or turn to jelly. Each sister is an example of both. I think Lizzie will try and kill Judith again and I think Carl will kill her as a child killing a child will give more of an impact.
    I also think it likely that Carol is covering up for Lizzie : I don't think she realizes how dangerous she is.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member

I'm reading a book at the moment that tries to explain this.

The more bites a human has, the quicker they 'turn' so a huge mass of zombies all gnashing down on a human would turn them almost instantly, and as zombies don't like to eat other zombies they instantly move on leaving the undead to rise. The only humans that get fully devoured are the ones with head injuries preventing them to re-animate.

The 'one bite' thing i can't explain as they should have lots of bites.

Great episode btw. I thought the Judith scene in which she was almost suffocated by the crazy young girl was really tense, i even shouted out at the tv-

"Let go of her you crazy fool!"

I'm curious to see what this 'Terminus' place is,as a fan of the comics i haven't a clue, but i like the mystery.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Can I just ask - where is it that you are all seeing the episode US pace, the night before it is aired in the UK?
    Or are you all actually in the usa?

I dont watch us pace anymore cos its only a day to wait but last season I used to get a link to live streaming off twitter every week and watch it at 2am live.
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask - where is it that you are all seeing the episode US pace, the night before it is aired in the UK?

I download, also means no adverts, of which there are many if you watch it live. I know I could pause it and start watching fifteen minutes later but I'm too impatient.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I used to download on Monday evening but I might as well watch at UK pace now thanks to FOX.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Magic of the interweb! ;)

Another great episode. Loved Carol's return then had to remember if Tyrese actually knew. Then remembered that it may not have even been Carol especially after the baby-smother sequence... Next week's seems to juggle all the cast. Hope it's not too fragmented, but equally, hope there aren't lots of coincidental meetings. I can buy that they're all good trackers and that there's no one else much around leaving footprints and I can buy that a prison may only have one road leading out of it, hence them all heading in roughly the same direction, but if they all meet up again too soon, it'll be like the end of S2 when within minutes they'd all hooked up again (apart from poor Andrea).
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

until the series started back last week, a week was a long time lol.
    now download the episode off torrents anytime after it finishes in US.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. Need more now!

I'm really not sensing a happy ending for Glenn and Maggie.

SPOILER.
    Laurie Cohen has joined new TV series Archer. So will she get offed this season?
    I can see Glenn & Maggie finally uniting but its then revealed Maggie has been biten. She dies. Glenn tries to kill himself but is saved by Rick or someone.

I'm really liking Sasha. She kicks ass.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. Need more now!

I'm really not sensing a happy ending for Glenn and Maggie.

SPOILER.
    Laurie Cohen has joined new TV series Archer. So will she get offed this season?
    I can see Glenn & Maggie finally uniting but its then revealed Maggie has been biten. She dies. Glenn tries to kill himself but is saved by Rick or someone.

I'm really liking Sasha. She kicks ass.
    That is only to provide a voice on Archer and its after the Walking Dead has finished filming but it is possible she will die at teh end of the season
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I live in the West Midlands :D and have no problem watching it on monday morning.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    lizzie is a totally unrealistic character and just not believable...tyreese and the girls / baby + carol being in a group is such a corny plot imo
  • Options
    batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    lizzie is a totally unrealistic character and just not believable...tyreese and the girls / baby + carol being in a group is such a corny plot imo

In what way is Lizzie unrealistic? Do you know what effect trauma can have on a person let alone a child. These kids have had to grow up quick with death and danger and violence all around. She is a messed up kid. I really don't see what is 'unrealistic'.
    I like how in a show about Zombies you find a child with a possible mental illness unrealistic.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    In what way is Lizzie unrealistic? Do you know what effect trauma can have on a person let alone a child. These kids have had to grow up quick with death and danger and violence all around. She is a messed up kid. I really don't see what is 'unrealistic'.
    I like how in a show about Zombies you find a child with a possible mental illness unrealistic.
    Everyone in the show will have mental issues.......due to the zombie apocalypse and collapse of their world..I'm not saying she couldn't be like that I'm saying I think they have exaggerated the character for effect just like the governor was also exaggerated in to someone too evil and like a comic book character
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    Everyone in the show will have mental issues.......due to the zombie apocalypse and collapse of their world..I'm not saying she couldn't be like that I'm saying I think they have exaggerated the character for effect just like the governor was also exaggerated in to someone too evil and like a comic book character

No she is just at the extreme of the spectrum for responses to what's going on around her. She's a young girl who has witness unimaginable things and it has clearly screwed her up. It's totally believable and psychologically sound. Of course they choose to show these extreme reactions in the show because they make for better television but she's in no way unrealistic.