Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    This is lovely. Really nice that the boys attended as well.:)

One thing did make me laugh though. Harry walking around with his shirt unbuttoned LOL!
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    One thing did make me laugh though. Harry walking around with his shirt unbuttoned LOL!

Honestly, the less said about that........ WTH.:o:D

Just noticed Sophia's dress hem falling. Always take sewing kit everywhere people. Lol!:D
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too! Not a good look Harry! How grown up did Lottie look?

ETA I shouldn't but I will.........7 kids and decked out all in white........I know old fashioned view!
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it all went well Louis looked lovely as did the rest of them. The conspiracy theorists are out on twitter tonight speculating why Zayn didn't go. Zzzzzzzz.

Here's pics on the Daily Mail website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2699218/Midday-memories-One-Direction-dapper-display-stylish-suits-attend-wedding-Louis-Tomlinsons-mother-Johannah-Poulston.html

I haven't seen any speculation, just pure dislike for Perrie and Little Mix for the assumption that Zayn was with them. He may even have been somewhere else, there could have been a Malik family event the same day. At least he is the closest to Louis so they media can't start rumours that he hates him.

Really nice to see Harry there, it seemed like half the 1D team was as well.
    annushka wrote: »
    I agree with most of your assessments tbh.

I just don't see Liam the same way as you do, but I can be wrong of course. :)
    He sometimes deals with certain situations in a way that I don't love, but I certainly hope that he'll get everything he wants in the future.

I agree with you Annushka. I think Liam is quite sensitive to criticism and if he were solo he would get criticism of his music as well as everything else. Hopefully by then he will be more secure and we won't get any twitter strops.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Honestly, the less said about that........ WTH.:o:D

Just noticed Sophia's dress hem falling. Always take sewing kit everywhere people. Lol!:D

there are pictures of them talking...talking perhaps about fashion gaffe? lolz!! :blush::D
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction 'Where We Are' Concert Film Announcement
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRvN5eaFRQ&app=desktop

It's not a bad idea tbh, and the fact that it only stays in the cinema for 2 days is a good idea IMO, though it probably won't be as practical for me if I want to see it (I waited after the 1st WE to go see TIU).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    there are pictures of them talking...talking perhaps about fashion gaffe? lolz!! :blush::D

You'd think Caroline would have jumped in! :o LOL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Me too! Not a good look Harry!

I love the casual look, but 1 or 2 more buttons up & no hat might have worked better. It's really over-accessorized IMO. In short: I like the vibe, but the execution is a bit over the top.
    But it's still very Harry (strangely), so...

I think Niall & Liam looked great, good fashion choices that suited them very well!

Not sure about Louis. I can't put my finger on why I am not more enthousiastic about the sleek look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction 'Where We Are' Concert Film Announcement
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRvN5eaFRQ&app=desktop

It's not a bad idea tbh, and the fact that it only stays in the cinema for 2 days is a good idea IMO, though it probably won't be as practical for me if I want to see it (I waited after the 1st WE to go see TIU).

That's good. Will look forward to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the casual look, but 1 or 2 more buttons up & no hat might have worked better. It's really over-accessorized IMO. In short: I like the vibe, but the execution is a bit over the top.
    But it's still very Harry (strangely), so...

I think Niall & Liam looked great, good fashion choices that suited them very well!

Not sure about Louis. I can't put my finger on why I am not more enthousiastic about the sleek look.

There were reports earlier in the year, Harry was a bit worried about his hair receding. It certainly has a bit, but not that much. I wonder if that's why he insists on wearing hats and headbands. Maybe he feels conscious about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were reports earlier in the year, Harry was a bit worried about his hair receding. It certainly has a bit, but not that much. I wonder if that's why he insists on wearing hats and headbands. Maybe he feels conscious about it?

Well, if that's really the case, there are modern solutions that he can resort to quite easely considering he is wealthy... They might be more effective ;-)

I hope that the hats & hadbands are fashion choices (clearly with hits & misses, but he's trying). Yes the headbands could be less massive (soon it's going to look like a turban), but the style usually suits him well somehow IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if that's really the case, there are modern solutions that he can resort to quite easely considering he is wealthy... They might be more effective ;-)

I hope that the hats & hadbands are fashion choices (clearly with hits & misses, but he's trying). Yes the headbands could be less massive (soon it's going to look like a turban), but the style usually suits him well somehow IMO.

Also, Harry and Louis both need haircuts stat! LOL!
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niall is so polite, thanking Louis's mum for inviting him

https://twitter.com/NiallOfficial/status/491154284118294529

I feel we don't talk about Niall enough here, I'm going to start putting more Niall on.
  • Options
    Directioner_HazDirectioner_Haz Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I'm literally ssssssooooooo excited about the movie. I cried when I found out. Seriously don't know how I will keep my emotions in check when I actually go and see it though.
  • Options
    ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Harry took Louis to the dentist today before he went to LA.
    https://twitter.com/1Dliveupdates/status/491359284404297728
    https://twitter.com/1Dliveupdates/status/491359284404297728

Also thought these pics of Harry and Louis' grandad were sweet.
    https://twitter.com/1DScoop/status/491373041700859904

People on here always say about Harry and Louis not being friends etc but I doubt Harry would go the wedding and be mixing with all of Louis' family if there was a rift!

This is cute. https://twitter.com/bangxerz/status/491450368937574400
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At 8:22pm it is exactly 4 years since One Direction was formed.

Around this time today 4 years ago they hadn't made judges houses as individuals. However later, just as they were preparing to leave Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan were called back. They nervously walked out onto tbe stage and there they were told they would be put into a group together. I sometimes think about how nervous the must've been standing up there waiting for their name to be called and how disappointed they would've been when it wasn't.

It made me think about Nicole Scherzinger in a whole different way and I will forever be thankful for her idea of putting them together. Imagine if she had been sick that day or something, One Direction wouldn't exist without her.

A fan created these videos and they're amazing: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLYVL1-270

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=one%20direction%204%20years&sm=3

Remember:
    We're not fans, we're a family
    Refresh not replay
    We smash records, not break them
    We support the boys no matter what
    We love and cherish the memories
    We're Directioners and we are sisters and brothers

Thank you boys, you have taught me so much; Liam you taught me to never give up because if you don't give up your dreams will come true one day, Harry you taught me to ignore the bullies and your laugh and smile never fails to brighten up my day, Niall you taught me to laugh at everything and enjoy life to the max, Louis you taught me how to be mad and crazy but made me more loving and lovable at the same time, Zayn you taught me that it's okay to be shy and ow to have great fashion and hair.

You came into my life at exactly the right time; when I felt worthless, when I felt depressed and angry, when I was being bullied. Every week I looked foward to the weekend because I knew I would see you again.

Forever is our always; 4 years and forever to come.

Thank you One Direction, Forever in my heart
  • Options
    Louise_WoodLouise_Wood Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    At 8:22pm it is exactly 4 years since One Direction was formed.

Around this time today 4 years ago they hadn't made judges houses as individuals. However later, just as they were preparing to leave Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan were called back. They nervously walked out onto tbe stage and there they were told they would be put into a group together. I sometimes think about how nervous the must've been standing up there waiting for their name to be called and how disappointed they would've been when it wasn't.

It made me think about Nicole Scherzinger in a whole different way and I will forever be thankful for her idea of putting them together. Imagine if she had been sick that day or something, One Direction wouldn't exist without her.

A fan created these videos and they're amazing: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLYVL1-270

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=one%20direction%204%20years&sm=3

Remember:
    We're not fans, we're a family
    Refresh not replay
    We smash records, not break them
    We support the boys no matter what
    We love and cherish the memories
    We're Directioners and we are sisters and brothers

Thank you boys, you have taught me so much; Liam you taught me to never give up because if you don't give up your dreams will come true one day, Harry you taught me to ignore the bullies and your laugh and smile never fails to brighten up my day, Niall you taught me to laugh at everything and enjoy life to the max, Louis you taught me how to be mad and crazy but made me more loving and lovable at the same time, Zayn you taught me that it's okay to be shy and ow to have great fashion and hair.

You came into my life at exactly the right time; when I felt worthless, when I felt depressed and angry, when I was being bullied. Every week I looked foward to the weekend because I knew I would see you again.

Forever is our always; 4 years and forever to come.

Thank you One Direction, Forever in my heart

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me dropping by, I lurk often and love to read this thread as one of the older directioners lol but I had to comment on the post by Directioner_Haz, what a beautiful, beautiful post, I agree with every word.

I had been stuck in a rut for some time in my own life and the boys have given me back that sense of fun that I was missing for a while and made me enjoy life again!

I went to see them in Manchester and had a buzz for days afterwards, I only wish I could afford to go to America to see them!

Anyway, Happy 4th Anniversary to the boys and much love to you all in here, it is fab reading all your posts.

Lou x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi guys, hope you don't mind me dropping by, I lurk often and love to read this thread as one of the older directioners lol but I had to comment on the post by Directioner_Haz, what a beautiful, beautiful post, I agree with every word.

I had been stuck in a rut for some time in my own life and the boys have given me back that sense of fun that I was missing for a while and made me enjoy life again!

I went to see them in Manchester and had a buzz for days afterwards, I only wish I could afford to go to America to see them!

Anyway, Happy 4th Anniversary to the boys and much love to you all in here, it is fab reading all your posts.

Lou x

You should post more often. No matter how old you are, you are welcome into the family of Directioners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of lovely pics & messages on twitter as well for the 4 year anniversary!
    I hope that the boys read some of the nice things the fans had to say & that it will motivate them even more! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's great news! :D
    Is it their first big US festival? Not that they do that many of them anyway, even in the UK...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis and his little brother. Awww. So cute.

https://twitter.com/Louis_Tomlinson/status/492031963784839169
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great news! :D
    Is it their first big US festival? Not that they do that many of them anyway, even in the UK...

It is very exiting! :D I think it is, yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very exiting! :D I think it is, yes.

Which way do we exit? Lol.