100 Seconds To Beat The World...David Rudisha

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Pretty good this.

On BBC4 right now.

Was just expecting a simple / usual sports interview thing, but actually has from when he was sixteen and arriving at the training camp in the mid 2000s, and showing some excellent footage in the intervening years.

Kind of like a mini version of "Hoop Dreams", with the addition of an Irish preist

Comments

• ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very good so I have recommended it on the athletics thread.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this a lot. :)
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta for headsup. Will watch on iplayer
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was surprised how good this was.

Kind of a tonic to the "dirtiness" of the recent Lance Armstrong documentary (which was also excellent) 😀

I was in the Olympic stadium when he won the Gold and broke the the World Record, was an amazing run. I admit I never really heard if him till that day, but he really blew the stadium away.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a documentary on the college he attented and the Irish priest who trains runners . It is an amazing school . They run in bare feet , the local soil is a red sand and he feels this helps them strenghten muscles etc
    So many of his pupils are world and Olympic winners. The priest had no training at all , he arrived the replace another priest and was handed a basket with whistles !!!
    David Rudisha and others who have won major titles train with everyone else and no one fusses over them
    Its an amazing success story and a lovely programme to watch
    I will see can i hunt it down on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmXN-kQZ04M
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great documentary - Brother Colm O'Connell is a fascinating charachter.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Completely missed this, had no idea it was on, thanks for the heads up, will catch up on iplayer