Options

Temple Grandin

gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
Forum Member
Temple Grandin aired tonight on Sky Atlantic, a year after it screened in America. It got a lot of critical buzz about it, and Claire Danes won every award she was eligible for considering it was a made for TV movie for her portrayal. It's a biopic about an autistic woman, which doesnt normally sound like my kinda thing, but it focused on the positive.

I really enjoyed it, thought it was a great storyline, exceptionally acted, especially by Claire Danes, that avoided the normal cliches. Really quite a touching film in the end, pretty inspirational.

Anyone else seen it/had any thoughts at all?

Comments

• Options
    notnek01notnek01 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    This was one of my favourite films of the year about a woman who I'd suprisingly never heard of before. I could't take my eyes of the film - the plot, the direction and the acting were all top notch. If it was a big screen film then I'd have awarded the best actress oscar to Clare Danes, an exceptional performance.

If you haven't seen this film then I highly recommend it. Temple's inspiring story should be heard by everyone.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this yesterday. Bloody amazing
    Clare danes in my opinion could of won an oscar if a big screen film. It's one of the few rare performances where an actress totally stays in character from start to finish.