If I cancel the HD package...

2»

Comments

• pavierpavier Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With new standard stb's being HD, and the gradual replacement of existing faulty boxes with the new non pvr HD boxes, won't there come a time when they may as well give everyone the HD channels at no extra charge so that they can stop transmitting the SD equivalents?
    I doubt the money saved in transmission costs would cover the the lost revenues from HD subs but the extra customers it would attract could make up for that.

It's a bit (just a bit) similar to when they switched from analogue at 19.2 E to digital at 28.2 E, for a while they were running parallel services and were getting increasingly desperate to get everyone to swap to digital so they could stop transmitting at 19.2 E. Or is their supplying SD channels to Virgin an obstacle?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    When they action anything these days it seems to appear in "MySky" as a "future change to the subscription". This is falrly new but was very helpful to confirm that they had uderstood my instructions about cancelling Sky Movies earlier this year.

Can someone tell me where to find this "future change" thing as I have emailed them and want to make sure they have acted on the email but I havent found this page so far. Thanks