Bio Channel

NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I apologise in advance if this subject already been covered, I did try a search without success.

Has the Bio channel been axed? there's no mention of further programmes from tonight on the Sky programme menu, and Bio listings have also been removed from the weekly TV/Sat guide. There was a couple of shows I'll miss if channel is indeed gone.

Thanks.

Comments

• CybersiCybersi Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Well Lifetime is on its EPG number from launch tomorrow at 8pm. Not sure though if Bio is moving or being axed.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    The Bio channel hasn't been showing many biographies recently, so I would guess that it is being axed.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio will cease from 05.59 tomorrow morning.

From 6am the frequency will then transmit samplers of the new Lifetime channel until it's official start time of 8pm. The first programme will be a celebrity interview show called 'The Conversation' with Amanda De Cadenet.

It is likely that at some point tomorrow the various platforms will move the channel to a more appropriate genre section within the EPG.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,705
    Forum Member
    If you look at the listings for Lifetime you will see it is just Bio with a couple of dramas in the mix
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Bio still has listings on its site - I suspect it will get another slot lower down on the EPG.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    The Bio channel hasn't been showing many biographies recently, so I would guess that it is being axed.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. It has been decidedly non-bio recently. Every time I flick past it they're showing Storage Wars or Hardcore Pawn or some other crap like that. It's about as bio as Fairy Liquid :p
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well their website is still up
    http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    What planet has this OP been living on a quick search and it brought me up 4 topics
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. It has been decidedly non-bio recently. Every time I flick past it they're showing Storage Wars or Hardcore Pawn or some other crap like that. It's about as bio as Fairy Liquid :p

It has descended into showing yet more reality tat to try to bring in the viewers hence you get stuff like Cajun Pawn Stars and Dance Moms which are nothing to do with biographies. If this channel has indeed been axed then it will not be a loss.
  • StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i enjoyed the ghost shows and hardcore pawn, so it's gone for certain? i have virgin media.
    Forum Member
    i enjoyed the ghost shows and hardcore pawn, so it's gone for certain? i have virgin media.

not sure, but if it has then I would imagine those shows will still be on lifetime. It is showing storage wars for example.
    Forum Member
    It has descended into showing yet more reality tat to try to bring in the viewers hence you get stuff like Cajun Pawn Stars and Dance Moms which are nothing to do with biographies. If this channel has indeed been axed then it will not be a loss.

I get the feeling half of TV is full of cheap reality shows these days and not much else. Where's the variety?
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling half of TV is full of cheap reality shows these days and not much else. Where's the variety?

Well, if they were doing a Cajun Prawn Stars cookery show instead then I might show a bit of interest! :D
  • welshboy89welshboy89 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Although the Reality shows that seem to be on the channel mostly i still be looking forward to watching Witches of East End tonight.

But i am still waiting for Devious Maids to première i guess it'll show up on the channel very soon since it already airs on out the american version.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-files is on from the start, and i'll watch THE CLIENT LIST and WITCHES OF WEST END
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i of course meant WITCHES OF EAST END
    :D
    Forum Member
    welshboy89 wrote: »
    Although the Reality shows that seem to be on the channel mostly i still be looking forward to watching Witches of East End tonight.

But i am still waiting for Devious Maids to première i guess it'll show up on the channel very soon since it already airs on out the american version.

TLC shows it, started last month.
  • welshboy89welshboy89 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    TLC shows it, started last month.

Not seen any promotion for it like they do with that awful Honey Boo Boo they always seem to have running out across the Discovery Channels :mad:
    Forum Member
    Well, if they were doing a Cajun Prawn Stars cookery show instead then I might show a bit of interest! :D

Is there such a show? :D
  • Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there such a show? :D

perhaps TelevisionUser meant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun_Pawn_Stars