Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Nice
    Paul Smith (the designer) - was absolutely lovely. I interviewed him for a new magazine that wasn't well known at all and he generously gave us over an hour and offered us use of his Milan fashion week diary

Neil Morrissey (back in the Boon days) - went out drinking with him and a mutual friend. He was completely unpretentious

No so nice
    Jools Holland - very off-hand and suspicious. I should be fair to him though as it was shortly after Paula Yates had died
  • eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Stand-Up comedian Stewart Lee I found to be a rather nice chap. Met him before and after a small dig at The Hobby Horse in Hoxton. Very talkative even if a little stressed/fed up with the PA system and lack of bar service for the attendees.

Couldn't complain myself as it was free!

Eyes..
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Coogan - down to earth and quiet when I met him - he was in the corner of a pub with two women and some kids and made a comment or funny face when passing us.

Gray O'Brien - Tony Gordon from 'Corrie' - standing with all the other punters in the very public 'Counting House' pub in Glasgow. He was shaking hands, having his picture taken and blending in.

Gerard Kelly - 'Bunny' in 'Extras' - the late Scottish actor was a regular at the King's panto here. Real charisma and biting wit.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We met Dean Andrews (Raymondo )

You lucky devils, I love Deano. In the old days before he discovered Twitter he had his own site with a really good blog on it. He always responded to your comments and sent me a few really lovely e mails. What a gent.
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumped into Bill Bailey in the street a couple of years ago- he was utterly gracious in the face of my babbling fandom. I made an utter prat of myself, but he was lovely.

Met 60's crooner P.J. Proby when I was in the chorus of 'Joseph...' many years ago. An absolutely lovely man. Big heart, big personality.
  • avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We met Dean Andrews (Raymondo :p) at Collectormania in Milton Keynes last weekend - he was lovely and very friendly. The queue to see him was probably the longest there that day; he had a chat with all the fans as well. (Me: "I thought John Simm might show up in the finale..." Dean: "Who?" :D)
    You lucky devils, I love Deano. In the old days before he discovered Twitter he had his own site with a really good blog on it. He always responded to your comments and sent me a few really lovely e mails. What a gent.

I remember posting a comment on his blog and he sent me an email later that day, thanking me for the comment and being generally chatty. I thought it was lovely that he took the time to do that for his fans.

Never heard anything but good stuff about him.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe Gerard Kelly died! I thought he was brilliant in extras
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Jake2008 wrote: »
    I cannot believe Gerard Kelly died! I thought he was brilliant in extras

I'm not sure his brilliance was in any way related to his death?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga - She was as nice as her security people would let her be :( but she seemed genuinely appreciative of her fans and happily smiled and chatted to us :) made me love her even more!
    Jedward - So so nice! Always happy to chat, sign autographs and pose for photots :)
    Olly Murs - Nice enough I guess... He signed autographs but didnt smile at all so I think this made everyone scared to ask for photos!
    Joe McElderry - Heard good reports about him so was disappointed when he was horrible to us :( he got off the tour bus and we were all standing smiling at him but he was marched past us and looked at us like we'd just shot his granny
    Stacey Soloman (x factor and iacgmooh) - she waved and smiled but didn't sign auographs or take photos
    Danyl and Jamie from X Factor last year - Both really nice and signed loads of autographs and took loads of photos :)
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake2008 wrote: »
    I cannot believe Gerard Kelly died!

Well of course, it's the least predictable thing in the world that someone should die!;)
    Cone wrote: »
    looked at us like we'd just shot his granny

I don't know why, but that phrase really makes me laugh!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RachVG wrote: »
    I've met a tonne, my favourites being Zachary Levi, David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, Alyson Hannigan and Ian Smith (Harold from Neighbours).

I've only met three people I didn't like. Elisabeth Rohm (from Angel and Law & Order, she was a bitch to a good friend of mine), Santiago Cabrera (Isaac from Heroes, just couldn't be bothered to even pretend to be nice) and Jodi Lyn O'Keefe from Prison Break who was just a complete and utter cow.

So glad about this Chuck is my favourite show. Then again I have never heard a bad word said against him (or the entire Chuck cast) apparently there all lovely. There was somebody I saw on the IMDB board who said they met him and he actually held a call just to talk to all his fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    -I was talking to a sales assistant in HMV about a band that were due to perform an instore show and a thin man with dyed red hair joined in the conversation. I suddenly realised it was Thom Yorke from Radiohead. As soon as he saw my face light up in recognition he was off like a shot. I didn't take it personally though!

I sat next to Thom Yorke on a bus in Oxford once. He seemed shy and didn't make eye contact with anyone, which is fair enough!
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I also met Michael Buble outside the same cinema on the 6th May, when he was at the Arena. I nearly fainted when he walked out while I was having a ****. He asked me for a light, and we stood there talking for about five minutes. Honest to God, I don't know how I managed to stand up. He was also one the of the nicest guys I've ever met and he's absolutely hilarious (basically, taking the pee out of the miserable English weather :D). Turns out we'd been watching the same film. He took a photo with me and signed me my ticket stub (my most prized possession). He also asked me about the Wheel and whether it was any good, and also if I was going to his concert..

Didn't think I could love him any more than I already do...........
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mia75 wrote: »
    Didn't think I could love him any more than I already do...........

Me too. I think I'm in love :D

What a great fella.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I can say I've 'met' him, but just saw Jamie Oliver in Jamie's Italian in Birmingham. He was being much as expected - down to earth, friendly and happy to pose for pics until he had to leave.
  • jodojodo Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    ... Rich Hall, american comedian and wit (and QI regular) after a gig.

He was friendly and charming (which is slightly surreal given how gruff his voice is) and was signing books after his show.

When he spelled one lady's name wrong and she said it didn't matter he took the book back and threw it over his shoulder and signed another one for her!

He was also lovely with my other half who was getting a book signed for a friend's husband who is quite ill at the moment calling out after her "I hope you friend gets better for christmas".

His show was bloody brilliant too - catch him if you can!
  • avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Rich Hall after one of his gigs too, and got him to sign a CD. He was lovely and charming, very friendly guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Nicholas Anelka was suprisingly very friendly, and posed for a photo. I have never met someone so laid back and chilled as him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Sarah Beeny an absoulte joy and very good looking.

Alan Cumming SUPER VILE a friend met him...

Jimmy Summerville a HORRIBLE object.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy Keane - was absolutely lovely at his book signing chatted to him & had a bit of a flirt with him he loved it. Genuinely he couldn't have been nicer :D

My mum met Johnny Depp - she said he was an absolute gentleman and when his security tried to get her to move he told them to leave her through and she got his autograph. She said he was lovely

Lorraine Keane, presenter that used to be on Tv3 was an absolute stuck up bitch. If I hadn't been working I would have told her so too :mad:
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster)- She was sat behind me when Swansea City were playing at Leeds United. She is going out with one of our players. She is absolutely gorgeous and a lovely girl. At half time, she signed loads of autographs and had photos taken with everyone, she was cheering loudly everytime her boyfriend got the ball and she even laughed and applauded the group of lads sat behind her when they started chanting her name.

Liz McClarnon Atomic Kitten- Bumped into her at halftime during a Swans away game at crew. Neither of us were looking where we were going and we clattered into each other. We both laughed and apologised and we walked back into the stand together chatting away. She also signed every autograph and took photographs with loads of people, a really nice girl.

Gavin Henson- Met him before he was 'famous' and he was very shy but seemed like a nice guy.
  • frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Dannii Minogue a few weeks back. She is so very lovely & chats to you like she has known you for ages (Like laughing & joking with you) I was so pleased to meet her!
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I met Hawkwind last week and they were pretty cool guys.

Recent (nice) celebs I have met include:

Eric Burdon (The Animals) - a real gent . We chatted for ages and shared a pint.

Roger McGuinn (The Byrds) - one of the sweetest people I have ever met . He was so down to earth and spent a long time with me . I reviewed a gig he was doing , on my blog , and he read it and thanked me .

Ian Rankin - I've been to his house a couple of times through my work , and he's always been really nice . We have a similiar taste in music , and I've met him since at some gigs and he always takes time to say hello.

Billy Boyd- He lives quite near me , so we've met a few times. Once I was wearing a Kasabian T shirt , and he commented that he'd seen them recently and we ended up chatting for ages about music .
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I met Jack Charlton when I was 2 or 3. I can't remember it, but my mum said he was very nice and he sat me on his knee for a photo.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I also add that Jade Ewen & Fatboy from eastenders are both very lovely people, walked past them and they happily posed for pictures for a long time