who does your mum/Grandma like thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val Doonican????????????????????????? never heard of her, im guessing its a her?

And you have very good taste might i say! do you vote?

Val Doonican used to sit in a rockin chair with a dodgy jumper crooning,:eek: he is still around i think.
    Of course i vote, Id love for them to have Christina on there as special guest. That would be so brilliant.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biskit wrote: »
    Val Doonican used to sit in a rockin chair with a dodgy jumper crooning,:eek: he is still around i think.
    Of course i vote, Id love for them to have Christina on there as special guest. That would be so brilliant.:D

geeees your a cool nan, my nan loves katie melua and just cooks and sings along 2 the same cd all day everyday! :D

And yeah Christina would be a great special guest, rather have her than Britney any day!
  • Am I Alive?Am I Alive? Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Lmao! well i prefer to eat mine naked and hanging upside down from the nearest lampost! yourself?

Oh no not naked... I'm not one for mixing my cheeses. Ha! :p

Personally I like it whilst having a bath, fully clothed with the toaster on the side :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no not naked... I'm not one for mixing my cheeses. Ha! :p

Personally I like it whilst having a bath, fully clothed with the toaster on the side :)

OMG i was virtually sick @ mixing cheeses!

And yeah i guess u just like the danger in your family hey! :D
    Forum Member
    OMG i was virtually sick @ mixing cheeses!

And yeah i guess u just like the danger in your family hey! :D

Hee Hee !! :D:p I don't know what you mean!! I clearly meant that whilst one is doing nude shots and saying cheese for the camera, it's best not to mix those cheeses!

Aye up chuck! We sure do
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geeees your a cool nan, my nan loves katie melua and just cooks and sings along 2 the same cd all day everyday! :D

And yeah Christina would be a great special guest, rather have her than Britney any day!

Of course im a cool nan. That don't mean i have to like Diana though, It appears that you have to be cool on many threads or you are well past it. She is a lovely girl but her Quirkiness has been over hyped & spoilt it for her. Ruth has got talent but there is something about her i dont like. Alex i just love. I admire her for persevering & really hope she wins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course im a cool nan. That don't mean i have to like Diana though, It appears that you have to be cool on many threads or you are well past it. She is a lovely girl but her Quirkiness has been over hyped & spoilt it for her. Ruth has got talent but there is something about her i dont like. Alex i just love. I admire her for persevering & really hope she wins.

Yep i was pissed off when Alex didn't get through back in 2005 and now she's come back and she is soooo much better than she was. I think she is an all round performer and is gettin better and better each week. :)

And yeah i have found quite a few of Diana's fans very pretencious and forceful, which kinda puts you off of her even more dont you think? I think had everyone not been so OTT with Diana i'd be able 2 appreciate her abit more.

And yeah im with you on the whole Ruth matter, there's something very Eurovision esc about her IMO. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hee Hee !! :D:p I don't know what you mean!! I clearly meant that whilst one is doing nude shots and saying cheese for the camera, it's best not to mix those cheeses!

Aye up chuck! We sure do

Yeah Yeah corse you did :rolleyes: :p
    Forum Member
    Yeah Yeah corse you did :rolleyes: :p

:o:D

Anyway, apologies to thread owner for hijacking it (at least I didn't crash it or blow it up) but I hijacked it none the less..

Back to subject.. Mummies and Nannies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:D

Anyway, apologies to thread owner for hijacking it (at least I didn't crash it or blow it up) but I hijacked it none the less..

Back to subject.. Mummies and Nannies

Well if my nan watched it, which she doesnt because she loves SCD she would probably want either Daniel or Ruth 2 Win :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep i was pissed off when Alex didn't get through back in 2005 and now she's come back and she is soooo much better than she was. I think she is an all round performer and is gettin better and better each week. :)

And yeah i have found quite a few of Diana's fans very pretencious and forceful, which kinda puts you off of her even more dont you think? I think had everyone not been so OTT with Diana i'd be able 2 appreciate her abit more.

And yeah im with you on the whole Ruth matter, there's something very Eurovision esc about her IMO. :D

There was a thread on here ystdy asking for song suggestions for this weeks best of british. I dont think that peeps were impressed with my suggestions. I wanted Diana to sing You Need Hands. I think id put the Clash for JLS. Spose its my stupid sense of humour. The judges are making it into a face so i thought id help them.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread on here ystdy asking for song suggestions for this weeks best of british. I dont think that peeps were impressed with my suggestions. I wanted Diana to sing You Need Hands. I think id put the Clash for JLS. Spose its my stupid sense of humour. The judges are making it into a face so i thought id help them.:D

LOL Diana's hands want choppin off! maybe she could sing 'I touch myself' the week after :D

I want Alex 2 sing either 'Stop' by Jamelia/Sam Cook or 'You Might Need Somebody' Shola Ama

Any thoughts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a Mum and Grandma and I like JLS and Alexandra best on the whole. Personally I don't like Mariah Carey's vocal acrobat style which is why I was not keen on Laura and any of the contestants who shout and can't hold a note.
    Daniel isn't my favourite either. So I am just enjoying the competition and wish all contestants good luck. The judges have been quite childish this year. From liking Simon Cowell's opinions in the past I think that Louis and Danii have been the most accurate in their comments this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Diana's hands want choppin off! maybe she could sing 'I touch myself' the week after :D

I want Alex 2 sing either 'Stop' by Jamelia/Sam Cook or 'You Might Need Somebody' Shola Ama

Any thoughts?

I like "Thank You " by Jamelia. I think she would do that well, & thats my special power song.It will prob be an older one she is given thats known as a classic to all like Jennifer Rush -Power Of Love. They always seem to do avoid the recent ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like "Thank You " by Jamelia. I think she would do that well, & thats my special power song.It will prob be an older one she is given thats known as a classic to all like Jennifer Rush -Power Of Love. They always seem to do avoid the recent ones.

ahh i really like 'Thank you' maybe if their goin 4 something abit older, they should go for ' Get Here' by Oletta Adams.

Isit sad that its only Tuesday and i can't wait 4 Saturday already! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh i really like 'Thank you' maybe if their goin 4 something abit older, they should go for ' Get Here' by Oletta Adams.

Isit sad that its only Tuesday and i can't wait 4 Saturday already! :o

Totally agree, But i bet they still choose a golden oldie.Queen, Elton John, Bonnie Tyler, George Micheal, Annie Lennox, Oasis. I really detest The Beatles so i hope they dont do that. As regards to having to wait till Saturday, i know what you mean. Its one of the few things worth watching now. I hog tv for whole of that night.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, But i bet they still choose a golden oldie.Queen, Elton John, Bonnie Tyler, George Micheal, Annie Lennox, Oasis. I really detest The Beatles so i hope they dont do that. As regards to having to wait till Saturday, i know what you mean. Its one of the few things worth watching now. I hog tv for whole of that night.:D

Lmao me 2, my sister absolutley hates X Factor lol
    And i can't stand the Beatle's either! Just had a brain wave here but what do you think 2 Alex singing 'Sweet Dreams' by Eurythmics? would be something totally different form anything i'v ever seen on the show before! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum liked Laura but agreed that Ruth was much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao me 2, my sister absolutley hates X Factor lol
    And i can't stand the Beatle's either! Just had a brain wave here but what do you think 2 Alex singing 'Sweet Dreams' by Eurythmics? would be something totally different form anything i'v ever seen on the show before! :D

Sweat dreams would be really brill. Ultravox -Vienna ? I do so hope they give her a good song. I reckon they will give Di something like Sinead o Conner. Unfortunately that would suit her voice, Oh Bum i do hope not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweat dreams would be really brill. Ultravox -Vienna ? I do so hope they give her a good song. I reckon they will give Di something like Sinead o Conner. Unfortunately that would suit her voice, Oh Bum i do hope not.

Yeah me 2, im not sure if irish acts are allowed or not, if they are i reckon Diana will do something by Damien Rice as she said in her audition that he is her favourite artist.

But if im honest with you, i doubt that alot of people are voting for Diana based on her performances so it doesn't really matter what she sings or how well she sings it. Alot of people are just jumping on her bandwagon (mainly teens)

Whatever Alex sings, it has 2 show off her vocals, show she is having fun and enjoying herself but most importantly doing something abit different with it.

Like she did with ' Without you' when i 1st heard she was singing that song i was dissapointed because i thought she would just get compared 2 Mariah/Leona. But because she changed the key and just made it her own version, it worked and everybody loved it. She just needs 2 maintain her very high standard that she has set so far. :)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinkfish wrote: »
    my O/H wants JLS to win and my son , who is 15 and auditioned twice refuses to watch it now, ... why ? he says because to get on it you need something wrong with you LMAO :D.. i can get him pair of crutches for next year lol:o

Lol:D Your son seems to be pretty intelligent and knows the score.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northern Ireland is part of UK so i spose they would be allowed. Alex does make each song her own i agree. I just think its so shallow of peeps to vote purely on trend, looks etc. Alex has a natural beauty both inwardly & out & thats what shines through so lets hope others see that.
  • Maid MarianMaid Marian Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I'm a mum and my favourite is Alex. I was gutted when Austin was voted off :(

My 18 year old daughter on the other hand thinks Diana is brilliant - she has no taste at all :p lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mum loved Laura - she also likes Alex and Ruth, and I think she has a bit of a soft spot for Rachel too although she hasn't mentioned her for ages so I'm not sure about that now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mummy has taste. She loves Alexandra and Ruth. She also loves Rachels voice but says that she has not really enjoyed her live show performances. My Nan likes Ruth:D