Options

Sam Faiers diagnosed with Crohn's disease

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sam-faiers-diagnosed-crohns-disease-3166623

I have no interest in TOWIE but she's always seemed like a fairly easy going person in interviews. Nasty illness to have.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    awful condition to have.... so far no cure depending on how serious she has it, hope not to bad

i see it now though the Crohns blog week by week :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's awful for her but there have been so many that have got through it. I'm being tested for it at the mo and it's taking an age.

Hope she learns to cope with it before too long.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is that why she was so ill in CBB?

I do feel very sorry for her. A friend is a sufferer and I've seen her go through so really bad times with the condition
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Oh gosh poor girl. I feel a bit mean now for giving her a bashing for being boring in CBB:blush:
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crohns is an awful illness and can be quite serious ... I hope she gets the right treatment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Such a shame, she was one of the most sparkling, interesting and smart people on itv2
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Oh gosh poor girl. I feel a bit mean now for giving her a bashing for being boring in CBB:blush:

I know. It does make you look at her CBB stint in a new light, doesn't it? I'm really surprised she didn't leave as surely the BB house would have been the last place she would have wanted to be while feeling so ill? I suppose it might have been fee-related...?
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I feel bad for her. Hopefully she can get through this and has the support of family and friends to help her.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crohns can be very nasty. It explains why she was so unwell in CBB, she also seems to have lost a lot of weight recently.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I hope she gets a treatment that works for her.
    A close relative of mine was diagnosed nearly ten years ago and I don't like to say they are doing well with it ( because there no wood to touch) but Ithey have done well with it ... So far...
    It's never really off their mind though, and the slightest twinge or whatever will always be a worry
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope she gets some good treatment and can be symptom and pain free. Shame she felt she had to complete BB poor lassie.
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crohns can be managed and lived with (my daughter has for a number of years) but it does mean finding what you can comfortably eat, no or little alcohol or in my daughter's case no fizzy drinks. Steroids always help in big flare-ups but in the short-term.

Hope all goes well for Sam. Doesn't that chap from X-Factor now on This Morning (the name escapes me) have Crohns?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    What a horrible illness to have. I dislike TOWIE so I know next to nothing about her but Crohns is something that's very difficult to live with.
  • Options
    puddingpudding Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I have Crohns and was diagnosed 9 years ago this month. I was much worse in the years prior to diagnosis but after that I had surgery and have been much better in recent years. Hopefully hers gets under control very soon.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    Hope she gets some good treatment and can be symptom and pain free. Shame she felt she had to complete BB poor lassie.

Whilst I have every sympathy, there is no way she should have stayed in BB. Both her and the producers should have had more sense and seen that her health was more important. It's not as if she added anything to the show in any case.
  • Options
    lazyjanelazyjane Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    Doesn't that chap from X-Factor now on This Morning (the name escapes me) have Crohns?

Just had a look and it's mum that has it. Apologies for linking to the daily fail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2322632/Rylan-Clark--X-Factor-finalist-opens-disease-shaped-childhood.html
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »

Hope all goes well for Sam. Doesn't that chap from X-Factor now on This Morning (the name escapes me) have Crohns?

Jeff Hordley (Cain in Emmerdale) has it as well.
  • Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How awful :/ she must have really been very ill whilst in the house. On hindsight and diagnosis I'm sure she thinks she should have been out of the house but if you're a determined person and like to see things through it might have put her off leaving. The show was very cleverly (if that's the right word to use) to not really mention her feeling ill and making her look as exciting as a rock.

I got a bit bored of TOWIE so don't watch it anymore but she was always my favourite and hope she starts to feel better soon
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her CBB stint was a debacle. Sometimes, your health is more important than 15 minutes of fame. There was little doubt she was genuinely ill in the house and it might have been better for her to call it and look after herself/ be looked after while awaiting diagnosis. Maybe she was worried about the implications of breaking her contract if she left early but the jokers they have on the production team should have reassured her on that. Poor lass, though. Crohn's is horrible and I hope any treatment she has is speedy and effective.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I have crohns and I can honestly say that I don't think that she knew she had it before going into the BB house. Everybody's symptoms are different and it can baffle doctors to what it is.

Speaking personally, I had to go through lots of different tests and a lot of pain before being diagnosed. I lost 4stone in just under 4 weeks whilst I was in hospital BEFORE they diagnosed me. So those that say that Sam must have known before think again.

I wish her all the best and although it cannot be cured it can be managed in time.

Good luck Sam you can do it :)
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Sam receives the treatment she needs to manage her illness. Also hope she stops posting photos of herself in hospital/ having blood tests etc. Totally denigrates the illness & those who suffer from it (imo)and actually smacks of attention seeking. Not cool.
  • Options
    Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Sam receives the treatment she needs to manage her illness. Also hope she stops posting photos of herself in hospital/ having blood tests etc. Totally denigrates the illness & those who suffer from it (imo)and actually smacks of attention seeking. Not cool.

I know someone with Crohn's Disease and she posts photos of herself in hospital having blood tests, infusions etc. on facebook/the internet. I don't think she would class herself as denigrating the illness, she thinks she's raising awareness of it. I guess it is a bit attention seeking but I don't see what the harm is in it.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're basically saying that she should have the illness and suffer in silence without others having to see it.

If you're ill no amount of attention seeking will make you feel better especially true if your physical body is in discomfort or even pain. Sam has fans who care about her and gets tweets daily off people asking about her, so of course she can post pics like that if she wants to, people want it and it's part of her job of being in Towie, to show what's going on in her life.

How can she denigrate something she has herself? Judging others degrees of suffering by their behaviour is something that is the problem of person observing them, not the person going through it. You don't know how she feels, maybe tweeting a picture gives her hope someone will reply with some good advice that might give her hope.

You could simply not follow her if you're that annoyed by someone being ill or not read about her, I don't see why she should have to change & suffer her ordeal behind closed doors like it's something to be ashamed of.