Middle name

Comments

• Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Denise ..........................pretty standard - not after anyone in the family - think my mum just liked it.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    Natasha.
    My daughter's middle name. I was reading War and Peace at the time.
    Takae wrote: »
    Verity.

My maternal grandfather chose the name as a tribute to cricketer Hedley Verity.
    A trully great cricketer and I always feel a bit sad when I think of him.
    edEx wrote: »
    Seriously? That's a pretty cool one. :cool:

Although, and I'm certain you've heard this before, I am now thinking of Roddy McDowell dressed as a chimp.
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla.
    Awwwww....does that mean you're having me on? :(

Either that, or you're possibly getting on a bit!
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    My daughter's middle name. I was reading War and Peace at the time.

A trully great cricketer and I always feel a bit sad when I think of him.

Lucius Cornelius Sulla.

LOL don't cross him people he is a bad enemy to make;-)

(and incidentally a personal favourite of mine)
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin, I would have preferred it as my first name but years ago I recall mentioning it to someone and after that it Fartin' Martin (yes it rhymes but it's completely inaccurate as a description of me). After that I realised that I'm better off with my first name since not much rhymes with it.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine's Anne - not that I use it.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Verity.

My maternal grandfather chose the name as a tribute to cricketer Hedley Verity.

I wanted to call me eldest Verity but was over-ruled.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I don't have one, anyway who ever uses them anyway, except on legal documents. My brothers don't have one either. I did hive my sons middle names but that was more because their Dad wanted them.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Elizabeth

My middle name was meant to be my first name and my first name was meant to be my middle name but someone who had a baby just before my Mum stole my name for her daughter :eek:

Me too:) I actually prefer it to my first name which is a bit drab. Mary Elizabeth
  • Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first name is Steven for no other reason than my parents both liked the name.

My middle name is Owen because both my parents liked it.

and my last name is Atkinson

So Steven Owen Atkinson is my full name and this day saying it in full makes me shiver as it reminds me of being in trouble as a child and my mum shouting my name in full.

"Steven Owen Atkinson" still sends a shiver down my spine
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Douglas.

It's my Dad's name, and as far as I'm concerned, he should have kept it to himself!

Haha!

I feel the same about mine which is my mums first name - Margaret, yuck!!
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I am going to get bashed for saying this but it never ceases to amaze what people will reveal on the internet to complete strangers. DS could be a goldmine for scammers etc if they took the time to match up threads with all the personal information revealed. A lot of trusting people on here I can say.
  • theworldisajoketheworldisajoke Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Elizabeth

My middle name was meant to be my first name and my first name was meant to be my middle name but someone who had a baby just before my Mum stole my name for her daughter :eek:

Ann

Bit like above, in that my middle name was meant to be my first name but I was born on my grandmothers birthday so they gave me her name instead and used Ann as my middle name
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I know I am going to get bashed for saying this but it never ceases to amaze what people will reveal on the internet to complete strangers. DS could be a goldmine for scammers etc if they took the time to match up threads with all the personal information revealed. A lot of trusting people on here I can say.

How will I be scammed by people knowing my middle name is William? :confused:

You would have a point if I were giving my full name, my address or my bank details, but not my middle name!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How will I be scammed by people knowing my middle name is William? :confused:

You would have a point if I were giving my full name, my address or my bank details, but not my middle name!

Some people have given their full names. If I was a scammer I would be able to look through other threads that ask similar simple questions which people are quick to answer to create a full profile. I could explain how this might work but I don't really want to deter people's trusting nature. Give out what you must if that's how you feel. I feel differently and wouldn't be so quick to give this sort of info however minute on a public and fairly anonymous forum.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I don't have one, anyway who ever uses them anyway, except on legal documents. My brothers don't have one either. I did hive my sons middle names but that was more because their Dad wanted them.

I do! Every day!
  • GG86GG86 Posts: 8,598
    Forum Member
    My middle name is Jane....Unfortunately it rhymes with my surname. My Dad thought it was funny at the time!
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people have given their full names. If I was a scammer I would be able to look through other threads that ask similar simple questions which people are quick to answer to create a full profile. I could explain how this might work but I don't really want to deter people's trusting nature. Give out what you must if that's how you feel. I feel differently and wouldn't be so quick to give this sort of info however minute on a public and fairly anonymous forum.

I know some people have given full names, some even have their real name as their DS name. However you must be a better scammer than me, as I wouldn't know what scams to do just by knowing someones name :D
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know my neighbours' full names and addresses (obviously) but it's never crossed my mind to scam them.

Perhaps it's just you...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    I know my neighbours' full names and addresses (obviously) but it's never crossed my mind to scam them.

Perhaps it's just you...

Oh for heaven's sake. Honestly do what you like but I am personally never going to divulge personal info to strangers on the internet. I leave this thread now so you can carry on. It's as if no one has ever heard of Internet fraud or identity theft etc. I don't get all this playing ignorant really.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for heaven's sake. Honestly do what you like but I am personally never going to divulge personal info to strangers on the internet. I leave this thread now so you can carry on. It's as if no one has ever heard of Internet fraud or identity theft etc. I don't get all this playing stupid really.

I mean, if you really want to scam someone on here, you'd have to trail through their whole history to find bits about them. That's a tad of a boring way to scam someone.

Just saying :D
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither myself or my brother have middle names.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have one , apparently the parental unit struggled to choose a first name for me, am kinda glad tho seeing my sister was stuck with Margaret as second name so god only knows what I would of been stuck with
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two: William Jasper :)

And you know what? I honestly have no idea why!