Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terry looks like he's going to nut the other 2.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry is too eager to press and say pass, they should have scored at least another 4 or 5
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I got more right than they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Louis Theroux?
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team could have gotten more WITHOUT Terry than with him. Shame. Though, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference with Shaun in that form.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    I don't even notice the music (I didn't realise there was any, I'll listen specially tomorrow :D) and it certainly doesn't affect the tension for me.
    I must be more obseesive than I thought I was :p

I think it's probably me being obsessive about the questions and not noticing anything else, and guess what? I forgot to listen out for the music today. :D
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No comments about the Xmas special then?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the chaser threw the game because it was for charity. There were some questions that I think he would have gotten right if it had been the normal version.
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Christmas special, there was a very fun mood all show and having the Chasers all show up without too much gimmicks was nice to seeas they were probably running out of ideas. All the team were great, Steve for going high, Matt was valuable assets in the final as he was pretty clever and Ben Miller, for being himself :p. Didn't find it fixed as Paul got pretty close, which was nice to see in a Celebrity special. Overall pretty happy, mainly becuase the celebrities were likeable and the final chase didn't come off as if the producers had told the chasers to loose their dignity. Nice Christmas gift from The Chase I guess :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the chaser threw the game because it was for charity. There were some questions that I think he would have gotten right if it had been the normal version.

Didn't really feel that way today, normally in the other celebrity editions there are a lot easier questions which are obviously thrown. But here when a Chaser scores a respectable score and doesn't get answers that don't seem unrealistic for him to get wrong seemed refreshing compared to the other episodes for charity
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it before, but I honestly think it would be so much better if Bradley answered in the final chase on the celebrity editions. Then, if he loses, there wouldn't be any "fix" remarks. It would also just be a lot more fun to see.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it before, but I honestly think it would be so much better if Bradley answered in the final chase on the celebrity editions. Then, if he loses, there wouldn't be any "fix" remarks. It would also just be a lot more fun to see.

Bradley's the host though.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the chaser threw the game because it was for charity.
    So what about last Saturday's edition where the celebs lost and, iirc, lost even more money? I assume you think he didn't "throw" that one because the show didn't want to have to give all that money to charity?

(Sometimes I really miss that "rollingeyes" smiley :()
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I want to see the chasers all together taking on some team in a competitive format
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Theres always one :D
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradley's the host though.

Is he? :o
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    I want to see the chasers all together taking on some team in a competitive format
    I'd like them to take on the Smugheads in both The Chase and the Eggheads formats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marks sequinned jacket. "You look like Lionel Blair with a thyroid problem. " :D:D:D
  • Options
    Tony_BrooksTony_Brooks Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    A general question, having applied but not been selected, do I just wait as everytime they request new applications and I try to re-apply, I just get a message saying we have your application. Do applications get rolled forward and re-considered? Can I re-apply?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A general question, having applied but not been selected, do I just wait as everytime they request new applications and I try to re-apply, I just get a message saying we have your application. Do applications get rolled forward and re-considered? Can I re-apply?

ITV keep your application form, I'm not entirely sure if they "roll over" contestants. On Eggheads, my Dad auditioned with his team one date but couldn't film in that production block and had to come on a later date. Not the same show but just showing you a possibility that they could ask you later on but if you're eager to appear then I would re-send your application form.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never applied to anything, nor will I if it's something where the contestents have to have a funny story, or look quirky or have an interesting job and give their age. The Chase mostly passes my tests as a viewer but fails as something i want to apply to if they reject applicants on grounds other than knowledge. I was disappointed that recent programme showed the University Challenge application process was left to junior TV-type people rather than asking each team to answer a couple of hundred questions.

So, it depends on why you weren't accepted for the Chase before. If you passed the selection but say, couldn't make their offered date, they'd probably be glad to put you on another time. If your funny story or dull-sounding job or appearance or lack of mouthiness put them off you'd be wasting your time - and almost none of theirs as they have your name.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Q: "What is the lowest number in a standard deck of playing cards?"

A: "Ace"

ACE IS NOT A NUMBER!

Bad luck to Mark (contestant). So close to making the prize fund £10,000 :(
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forfar bridies are well famous, in Scotland anyway. Thought Mark would have known a pie question.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Q: "What monsters feature in the TV series The Walking Dead?"

A: "Dinosaurs"

:D
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Must be a repeat this. Bout time we had a change, bring back the egg timers!
This discussion has been closed.