Options

I can't be the only one who finds Gary utterly UNBEARABLE?

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I find him nothing but rude, frustrating, repulsive and very difficult to watch. I find his popularity absolutely baffling. His support on here is very strong, and even the chav crowd cheer him relentlessly. I can't be the only one who finds him absolutely vile?

Before anyone starts accusing me of being insensitive to his hearing problems and brain damage - don't. My mum is very hard of hearing and I am so patient with her, just like how she is patient with herself when she struggles to here. Gary is not just hard of hearing - he's hard of manners. I've also worked in old people's homes where many residents also have hearing problems and also have difficulty understanding what people are saying because they are slightly mentally challenged. But again, I'm patient with them too.

I could not be patient with Gary. He's nothing but rude, and I feel that many viewers are using his problems to excuse that. Well, I don't think there's any excuse for it. I think he's vile. And I'm so angry that he's probably going to win.

Comments

• Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far more people like him than don't
  • Options
    Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without being rude,it's says more about yourself than Gary. You say you have a Mother with deafness and worked with older people. Well that is more a reason for you to understand the way Gary behaves. At times the way Gary has been treated it reminds me more like one of them undercover programmes were the treatment of the elderly was repulsive. Just my opinion .
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say he is unbearable, but I also wouldn't say the sun shines out of his arse either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skip65 wrote: »
    Without being rude,it's says more about yourself than Gary. You say you have a Mother with deafness and worked with older people. Well that is more a reason for you to understand the way Gary behaves. At times the way Gary has been treated it reminds me more like one of them undercover programmes were the treatment of the elderly was repulsive. Just my opinion .

THIS ↑↑↑↑
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, you've completely misinterpreted what I'm saying. What I mean is, if Gary's annoyances were purely down to him having disabilities, then I'd be patient and sympathetic. But they're not. He's just a rude person. And many people seem to be letting him get away with it because he has those disabilities.
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with the amount of insults and abuse Gary has got of his so called housemates he deserves a medal and hope he goes on to win by a Landslide

in all the years of watching BB I have never seen a house mate picked on like they do with him
    what does he do smiles right at them and is ultra positive

For me gary is proving the best CBB housemate ever
    and my wife thinks he is a decent bloke
  • Options
    KazzyDKazzyD Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand the man, he's rude, he's playing everyone, he obnoxious, he thinks he's above them all, and walked in think he had the show won.

I do not get the massive love for a has been supporting actor, who has only been in 3 films most people have heard of. I looked him up today, out of the 140 films he has done, I have heard of 5 and 80% of the others bombed totally.

I am sick of hearing he is 70, deaf and brain damaged, well if he is that bad, he should not of gone on the show!!

GET GARY OUT !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KazzyD wrote: »
    I cannot stand the man, he's rude, he's playing everyone, he obnoxious, he thinks he's above them all, and walked in think he had the show won.

I do not get the massive love for a has been supporting actor, who has only been in 3 films most people have heard of. I looked him up today, out of the 140 films he has done, I have heard of 5 and 80% of the others bombed totally.

I am sick of hearing he is 70, deaf and brain damaged, well if he is that bad, he should not of gone on the show!!

GET GARY OUT !!!!

Gary isn't going anywhere
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I don't like him either. I don't think he's been abused in that house. I don't think the others have been consistently horrible to him. I think he's playing a game and if he was as infirm as some would have you believe he shouldn't be in the game.
  • Options
    xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping the posters on other threads saying no one is allowed to say anything 'bad' about Gary are reading this thread.

Not quuuiiiite the case
    Lol
  • Options
    ThistledownThistledown Posts: 4,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just do not get the Gary love...he is playing them all like a finely tuned fiddle. Most of the time he acts dumb but he knows exactly what is going on.

The winks and smug smiles say it all. Unfortunately this is a mostly unpleasant bunch of housemates but I would have been out of there in week one mostly due to Gary and his bad hygiene awareness.
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    He is an annoying phukka , no doubt about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ties the rest of them in knots with ease - dispatched Dee with panache tonight.
  • Options
    tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say he is unbearable, but I also wouldn't say the sun shines out of his arse either.

This!
  • Options
    Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I can maybe try and defend Gary a bit. He is American , so struggles to understand people with are accents. God knows I do ,and I'm from this country. Put that with being deaf and has brain damage. It's a unkindly mix. Now being rude, in what way. He asks people to repeat themselves,he explains he doesn't understand them and apologises ,but then gets told to shut up. Now that's rudeness . People saying that it is Gary's behaviour that has turned them into a bully or that he touched the chicken. But sees nothing wrong,in fact thinks it is funny ( as well as many housemates ) that a female urinates in the public pool.
    The guy just wants to be there friends ,but if you get constantly laughed at and humiliated ,would you be the perfect gentleman. He told Dee that he was going to play the non game and vote her ,and she blew her stack and threatened to hit him. But not one of those housemates thought that was rude. Edele got the same amount of votes as Gary and stated she is going to start being a bitch,and has never stopped whining since. Gary sits there week in and week out getting abuse thrown at him and humiliation but takes it on the chin and asks them to explain what he is doing wrong,but they don't . I'm sorry society today has very little time for the Elderly and I find it very disturbing ,and nothing in this show as done anything to convince me otherwise.
  • Options
    kathydkathyd Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I've been wearing a hearing aid since1995 and I absolutely hate gary-his deafness is no excuse for his revolting personality!! All this love for him is ruining my dig spy experience this year!! Normally I'm in tune with the majority of users on here-I loved Ashleigh-but not this time!!!! I'm sure all these Gary lovers would hate him if they had to live with him for 3weeks-just as the rest of the house do!!
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I find him nothing but rude, frustrating, repulsive and very difficult to watch. I find his popularity absolutely baffling. His support on here is very strong, and even the chav crowd cheer him relentlessly. I can't be the only one who finds him absolutely vile?

Before anyone starts accusing me of being insensitive to his hearing problems and brain damage - don't. My mum is very hard of hearing and I am so patient with her, just like how she is patient with herself when she struggles to here. Gary is not just hard of hearing - he's hard of manners. I've also worked in old people's homes where many residents also have hearing problems and also have difficulty understanding what people are saying because they are slightly mentally challenged. But again, I'm patient with them too.

I could not be patient with Gary. He's nothing but rude, and I feel that many viewers are using his problems to excuse that. Well, I don't think there's any excuse for it. I think he's vile. And I'm so angry that he's probably going to win.

Shocking is all I'm prepared to say because I'd be unfairly banned if I said what I really thought !!
  • Options
    xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking is all I'm prepared to say because I'd be unfairly banned if I said what I really thought !!

Indeed.
    And ditto.
  • Options
    schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is where I am. And I have to say - criticising other housemates for sneering at him while he is a few feet away, screaming at him, mocking him or making no allowances for his disabilities does not mean I adore him. His treatment is a useful way to gauge other housemates' humanity and tolerance. But that is not the same thing as 'loving' him.
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I can maybe try and defend Gary a bit. He is American , so struggles to understand people with are accents. God knows I do ,and I'm from this country. Put that with being deaf and has brain damage. It's a unkindly mix. Now being rude, in what way. He asks people to repeat themselves,he explains he doesn't understand them and apologises ,but then gets told to shut up. Now that's rudeness . People saying that it is Gary's behaviour that has turned them into a bully or that he touched the chicken. But sees nothing wrong,in fact thinks it is funny ( as well as many housemates ) that a female urinates in the public pool.
    The guy just wants to be there friends ,but if you get constantly laughed at and humiliated ,would you be the perfect gentleman. He told Dee that he was going to play the non game and vote her ,and she blew her stack and threatened to hit him. But not one of those housemates thought that was rude. Edele got the same amount of votes as Gary and stated she is going to start being a bitch,and has never stopped whining since. Gary sits there week in and week out getting abuse thrown at him and humiliation but takes it on the chin and asks them to explain what he is doing wrong,but they don't . I'm sorry society today has very little time for the Elderly and I find it very disturbing ,and nothing in this show as done anything to convince me otherwise.

Very well put.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like him at all either, but I see no point in engaging in a discussion about it anymore because now that he has become the forum favourite there will be no faulting him and people can't/won't see his true behaviour.

I thought he was appalling in tonight's episode in particular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kathyd wrote: »
    I've been wearing a hearing aid since1995 and I absolutely hate gary-his deafness is no excuse for his revolting personality!! All this love for him is ruining my dig spy experience this year!! Normally I'm in tune with the majority of users on here-I loved Ashleigh-but not this time!!!! I'm sure all these Gary lovers would hate him if they had to live with him for 3weeks-just as the rest of the house do!!

Thanks for agreeing
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say but I don't find him unbearable. He gets on my nerves a bit and in the house, while I would be kind and considerate, I'd be wishing him gone so he would stop trying my patience.
    So he is irritating but he's not a bad person.
    Some of the people taking pot shots at him are horrible.
    The defence of Gary on here is also irritating, it's blind and obsessive and it stifles any discussion.
    Without being rude,it's says more about yourself than Gary. n .

This is one of the sort of comments that should involve a ban. it's just a pointless sneer and has no merit in terms of discussion. It's not funny, it's not insightful, it's not informative , it's just a childish retort when somebody had no valid response to another persons opposing view
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member

^^^^
    This.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel the need to defend Gary hes a great houremate better than that self-righteous lot. With the odd exception maybe like Audley.