Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• iampetesmithiampetesmith Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    hardylane wrote: »
    EVERY bingo advert -
    1. IT'S A CON - ALL BINGO IS!
    2. Sexist to the nth degree... always aimed at stupid, poor women.
    3. Moronic.

EVERY money advert -
    1. They want your money!
    2. You'll get very little help or return!

McDonalds-
    1. Trying to avoid talking about the actual food these days
    2. Being all "family", and "community", whilst selling you sh1tburgers.

PS: "Kitchen at Parties" is a Jona Lewie classic, and he's even in the advert. Quality.

It is indeed. You get a few quid free to play with and win a game or 2 to entice you to spend with them. Then you win nothing. Bingo sites are only good when you go round a lot of them, using up your free credit and winning small amounts then moving to the next site without spending a penny. That's what I did once and got about 20 quid. Obviously you can only do this once per bank account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Press_Esc wrote: »
    THAT black guy dancing around like a queen faerie promoting some hydration drink in partnership with the 2012 Olympics.

I thought it was an overreaction of him sneezing and the dots are what you see it is spreading about :eek:
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    That is exactly what my daughter said.

Smart daughter
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS. Just seen an athletics themed Tampax advert.
    Is nothing sacred?

I'd like to see them shoe-horn the olympics into a cat food ad.

Why do I get the feeling that there's an olympic Go Compare ad on the way?
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this evening in the Corrie breaks seen the badvert of badverts. It was for some ' Reggie Reggie (sp?) sauce and featured a load of animated food and a rapping animated Jamaican. It is beyond AWFUL - WTF where the producers of this on?!? It actually makes Go Compare and Confused.com fun and entertaining!!:eek::eek::eek:
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I do not put my elbows on the table. or eat peas off my knife, hardylane; and they are not baby goats, they are children who need to be taught how to behave properly in company.
    Good manners are snob value, or an acceptable way of life? Let's agree to differ. P.S Don't expect an invitation to dinner at my house any time in the future.

Excellent post, you have restored my faith in humanity :)

APPLAUSE!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    Hahahaha! Oh the snob value is priceless. Table manners indeed!

They're kids.

:D
    LOL... every kid I know eats like that... just I did when I was a kid. Life was too short and full of exciting stuff to do by wasting it eating properly
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have this evening in the Corrie breaks seen the badvert of badverts. It was for some ' Reggie Reggie (sp?) sauce and featured a load of animated food and a rapping animated Jamaican. It is beyond AWFUL - WTF where the producers of this on?!? It actually makes Go Compare and Confused.com fun and entertaining!!:eek::eek::eek:

I saw this one yesterday too; It's Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce. I don't know why they decided to go for a 'creature comforts' style advert.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw this yesterday! I have a feeling it will irritate me soon , Ive only seen it once and that was enough for me.

BT....SOD OFF NOW ARRRGGHHHH
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Re: that BT advert, are students of today into Duran Duran?:eek:

Get your own music, not someone else's generation.:D
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    Re: that BT advert, are students of today into Duran Duran?:eek:

Get your own music, not someone else's generation.:D

I would have approved of the ad if Anna had said, "Mm, more of a Napalm Death girl myself."

And then gone into her room to emerge with corpse paint and a dead crow in a jar.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new DFS advert...yet another silly little song sung by another woman with a silly, croaky, squeaky little girl's voice.

How I wish this stupid song/little girl's voice trend would end!:mad::mad:
  • trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that one as an ad for piracy, there's no way he can get to his laptop, open iTunes, search for Duran Duran's albums, buy them all and download in in that amount of time, and it's definatly not iTunes he's shown using.

Why would he have to use iTunes? Other legal downoad services are available.

For the ad they are just going to do some generic download site, rather than endorse any one in particular.
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    pnp63 wrote: »
    I thought it was an overreaction of him sneezing and the dots are what you see it is spreading about :eek:

Yep, maybe it's a hayfever ad :D

I actually quite like that ad btw :rolleyes:
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    I will mention a couple more annoying adverts...

Firstly, the WOWCHER ad! The women clearly have serious problems as wowcher seems to be all they can say. What are they, Pokémon? :/

The Argos aliens are starting to irritate me, now that I realise how ridiculously unimaginative they are. They're aliens for God's sake, yet apart from the looks (which to be honest are pretty close to a human anyway) they are entirely human! Pretty poor effort if you ask me.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    LOL... every kid I know eats like that... just I did when I was a kid. Life was too short and full of exciting stuff to do by wasting it eating properly
    No dinner invitation for you either, justabloke.
    Has anyone seen a strange advert for (what?). A woman in a child's frock is prancing about, singing discordantly, then dipping a strawberry into a bowl; then an old man comes up behind her and sings in her voice.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No dinner invitation for you either, justabloke.
    Has anyone seen a strange advert for (what?). A woman in a child's frock is prancing about, singing discordantly, then dipping a strawberry into a bowl; then an old man comes up behind her and sings in her voice.

Yep, that's the 'Truvia Scrumptious' advert :D

I heard another girly song advert last night..the new one for Sky; It features a girl singing You're The One That I Want in a slow ballad style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »

I heard another girly song advert last night..the new one for Sky; It features a girl singing You're The One That I Want in a slow ballad style.

The bastards! They butchered a great song from a great musical!
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinky2006 wrote: »
    You need serious help :eek:

The latest one is the worse, trying to seduce the equally annoying, bug eyed girl with Duran Duran. The scene where he's lying across the bed in a seductive manner is creepy :eek:

That whole BT series is creeping the heck out of me, basically BT appears to be enabling an unpleasant lad to prey on this girl.
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest all the Direct Line ads. Why on earth would I want to be associated with the sort of idiots they appear to have/want as customers?
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Those weird Cathay Pacific ads.

There's one where a customer is given a card congratulating them on travelling for 20,000 miles and then it switches to the smug face of the flight attendant.

Or some poor sod who is being sung to.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now sick of adverts using old songs remade by females with strange high pitched vocals ie. "Your Song" now Sky have ruined The Communards "Don't Leave Me This Way" by making it a slow ballad its a bloody upbeat feel good song!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »

I've just heard it, it was awful :eek:
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I am now sick of adverts using old songs remade by females with strange high pitched vocals ie. "Your Song" now Sky have ruined The Communards "Don't Leave Me This Way" by making it a slow ballad its a bloody upbeat feel good song!!!!
    tinkie wrote: »
    I've just heard it, it was awful :eek:

Can't bear the treacly tones of these 'Kooky' and 'quirky' ballad-type remakes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    How come nobody takes any notice of those blue aliens in the Argos ads and not whisked away by some top defence investigation authority, like NASA or whatever, even if they don't go into the store having stuff delivered they would surely be noticed, also where did they get legal tender from to buy all that stuff, I sure there isn't a bureau de change when entering earth from outer space.......
This discussion has been closed.