Options

Was the BB Canada final controversy handled the correct way? (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Anyone but Jillian' A Plot Foiled

The final voting gong show during the Big Brother Canada finale may have been the talk around the water cooler today, but the more interesting story lies in the reason for the votes Gary Levy did receive and the foiled plot against the eventual winner.

Alec and Peter were both sent packing by the hand of the HOH queen Jillian Maclaughlin. Both of them considered themselves the masterminds of the game and far superior to the other houseguests.

Peter and Alec were a little annoyed that they were not able to mind control everyone into keeping them in the house until the end and decided that they would get their revenge on the person that sent them packing.

http://www.xoxojes.com/2013/05/a-foiled-plot-anyone-but-jillian.html

This just really makes me glad that Topaz messed up. I can't believe that people who claim to be fans of the show can be so bitter to the extent that they were happy for TALLA to win.

Surely if your going to lose the game, you'd rather lose it to some who earns a win rather than someone who stumbled to it. I really hope we see none of those people again.
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talla was way more entertaining than Gary. I'm surprised they haven't seen someone like Gary on reality TV in Canada before, I've seen enough of them here.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Talla was way more entertaining than Gary. I'm surprised they haven't seen someone like Gary on reality TV in Canada before, I've seen enough of them here.

Yeah, I can agree with this! I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Gary, but I really found it amusing when we were constantly told how he was a breath of fresh air, when Gary's really are ten a penny on most other reality shows. I guess I don't know enough about Canadian TV really.

That being said, I think he finally won me over because of his reaction to the final. He showed far more dignity in the situation than I could have! :p
  • Options
    OakOak Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    I think what happend was Topaz was only focused on the camera and on her 150% line that she didn´t pay attention to the keys name.

Yes, after watching it again I agree with this. It looked like she wasn't focused on what she was doing and rushed the whole thing in order to have a dig at Jillian with the "150%" line.
  • Options
    molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who Should Have Won Big Brother Canada? VOTE NOW!

Jill in the lead over Gary - poll closes Sunday morning, their time.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    Topaz was only focused on the camera and on her 150% line

I found it quite distracting how they all very deliberately addressed the camera direct (instead of those in the house) and had obviously rehearsed words ready. Thanks Topaz for putting some improvisation in.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i didnt want garry winning as he had already been evicted.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    This makes Jillian win amazing then. Bitter *****
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    This just really makes me glad that Topaz messed up. I can't believe that people who claim to be fans of the show can be so bitter to the extent that they were happy for TALLA to win.

Surely if your going to lose the game, you'd rather lose it to some who earns a win rather than someone who stumbled to it. I really hope we see none of those people again.

Agreed, I'm really glad that all this is coming out now because it makes a mockery of some of the jurors and their thought process.

In the end I always believe that whoever wins deserves it, no matter what. And that has happened this time aswell.
    If Gary had won then he would have deserved it, but whatever force stepped in and screwed with Topaz's brain for the few moments while she was voting obviously felt differently. :D
    Jillian's win was obviously meant to be.
  • Options
    Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy, even for a Jillian win, Gary should never have been in the final 2.
  • Options
    Point17Point17 Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This makes Jillian win amazing then. Bitter *****

So true - she won more HOHs, got out more houseguests and never got nominated..

i was a huge Gary fan but think she was a worthy winner
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    there's no way topaz would screw gary out of the money/win for attention, she clearly made a mistake.

i think it was handled the correct way even though i didn't want jillian to win.

if they start changing the rules then where's the line? i'm a supporter of twists and manipulation but you still need a line where the rules stay the same.

i've always said time and time again that the game is driven by the force of luck/chance.
    and so it seems fitting that jillian would win by that way.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    'Hundreds show up to welcome Big Brother Canada winner home'

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2013-05-05/article-3234441/MacLaughlin-mania/1
  • Options
    SammetSammet Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    At first I thought it was some badly scripted drama but then it became one of the best BB endings ever.