Options

Melanie 100% certain to be eliminated in the first live show?

Comments

• Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    another person with a crystal ball

are they selling them at home bargains :confused:

Its a real easy call tbh.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

that's just your opinion ,

very early days
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member

I can't really think of anyone better though, can you?
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty certain she'll be through to the live shows and will progress towards the latter stages but I don't think she'll win
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    I agree with you. She won't go week 1. But I can't see her winning the show.

I don't see her winning the show either as some people have a problem with all the returnees this year.

But I definitely see Melanie making the top 5 if she goes to the lives as she has a lot going for her that will make sure that she's a cert not to go first I think.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First out? Strong possibility.

She's this years forum darling like Jade from last year who was as boring as Melanie.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's 99.98% not to be eliminated from the first live show.

They want a female winner this year and the 3 likely to reach the lives are Melanie, Tamera and Abi.
    My current thinking is that Abi is the type of winner the show is looking for this year.

The show will therefore push the girls category to the detriment of the other acts.

Of the 3 girls Melanie is likely to be the first out. I will be looking for a VT where she meets a friend who tells her "all your friends are supporting you" before she walks into an empty pub.
    She will then sing a slow ballad in semi-darkness (with a red & black background) probably with lyrics like "I have come to the end of the road, this is the end for me".
    The camera angles will be slightly off and nearly all long shots.
    The first judge to comment will be Louis who will say something like "I'm a big supporter of yours Melanie, but I'm worried that you're just not connecting with the viewers."
    (Voter reaction: "I didn't connect and if Louis, her biggest supporter is criticising her..."
    She will also get comments about "her journey", "having proved herself", "being able to hold her head up in the future", from the other judges.
    She will lose the 2% of her votes that ensure a fall into the bottom two and be eliminated, probably against Tamera.
    This will likely be between week 4 and 6.

Tamera will be the Misha B of the year. Her off-key, note missing wailing will continually be compared to Beyonce. But her drug taking issues and beating up of a random girl will at some point be highlighted to ensure she is continually close to the bottom of the votes and has to be saved by the judges on several occasions.

She will have one week where she will have a big crying VT where she will be redeemed from her past misdemeanours
    She will get to the semis where Barlow or Sharon will point out what a shame the public didn't allow her to flourish and escape her history of...[points out why the public don't vote for her]. She comes bottom of votes for 4th time and leaves. She gets signed to one of Sony's "independent" subsidiaries.

Alternatively, the show may dump her as the issues if they deem her issues to be too serious.

This will leave Abi as top girl. As long as she continues to play the game she will win the show. We will find out how much she loves her dad, how hard things have been for her and how she is trying to overcome her shyness. The judges will tell us she's a "ready-made recording artist" and "will be famous worldwide".

Kingsland seem to be the top boy-group of the year and will probably finish top 3.

The show spent a lot of time hyping up Sam Bailey in week 1 so I expect her to be top Over with the potential to be 2nd. Although there is room to switch to the cruise-ship singer routine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow you have a great imagination.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Melanie as a "shock" exit midway through the competition, probably booted out in favour of one of the novelty acts who will inevitably be in Louis' category. I think how far she goes will depend on the edit she gets. If she gets the Alexandra treatment (overlooked previous years but has improved), she will probably go far. But I think if she comes across as too desperate it will put people off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    First of all, this 100% certain crap in your title, makes you look like a total muppet.

1. She's already getting a lot of attention and followers.
    2. She's Irish and the Irish are among the most patriotic votes in the world.
    3. She's massively talented.

If she gets to the lives, I think she actually has a very good chance of winning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Thiswillbefun has it spot on with how they get acts out of the competition.

But I'm not sure they want Abi to win. My personal opinion is that the final 3 girls are definitely Mel, Abi and Tamara.

I think Abi will exit around the same time as Janet Devlin.

That would leave Melanie and Tamara. Tamara has a lot of potential but she's also got a shady past.

Melanie being Irish, and the judges knowing how strong the Irish vote is, leads me to think she may actually be their current plan A.

Of course, it's all speculation. But she will not be first out. No she wont :D
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see her winning the show either as some people have a problem with all the returnees this year.

They didn't have a problem with Alexandra Burke who came back in 2008 after not making it in 2005.
    1. She's already getting a lot of attention and followers.
    2. She's Irish and the Irish are among the most patriotic votes in the world.
    3. She's massively talented.

Except that people in Ireland can't vote for a UK show, the people in Northern Ireland can, though.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I keep reading here how wooden and bland and soulless Melanie McCabe is but I've a sneaking suspicion she will prove surprisingly popular this year.

Of course you, someone who has so desperately - to the point of obsession - wanted Melanie to make it for years, say this without a hint of bias.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    They didn't have a problem with Alexandra Burke who came back in 2008 after not making it in 2005.

Except that people in Ireland can't vote for a UK show, the people in Northern Ireland can, though.

Irish fans can vote now :)

Viewers in the Republic of Ireland can vote for the acts they wish to keep in the competition on the X Factor programme (the "programme").

You may register your vote by the dialling the PRTS numbers listed on www.tv3.ie/xfactorvote or, where applicable, as shown on the TV3 broadcast. Please remember to dial carefully. You will hear a short message thanking you for your vote. Each phone vote costs 60 cent, incl. VAT from an Eircom landline. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobiles will be considerably more. The total cost will be dependent on your network operator.

A helpline is available to Irish viewers on direct dial 0818 205 354. The cost of this call will be the cost of a national rate call charged by the caller's network operator.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Of course you, someone who has so desperately - to the point of obsession - wanted Melanie to make it for years, say this without a hint of bias.

Nothing wrong with believing in an act and wanting them to do well.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »

On the flipside though there are people who've never been interested in Melanie (Just gonna use myself as an example here, thought she murdered Bridge Over Troubled Water last year.) who're actually finding her a lot better this year than they have in previous years. So honestly, I agree she probably will do fairly well if she reaches the lives.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see it myself. She may not even reach the live final. My three would be Hannah, Tamera and Abi, all are better than Melanie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see it myself. She may not even reach the live final. My three would be Hannah, Tamera and Abi, all are better than Melanie.

Nice opinion, not mine though.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure that she'll be first out if she makes the live shows but I definitely don't see her getting beyond Week 5
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

She will become tiresome week after week on a reality show that will strip her of her identity completely. I can see her struggling with a lot of themed weeks as well. Poor girl. :cry:
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Kodiwolf wrote: »
    Irish fans can vote now :)

Viewers in the Republic of Ireland can vote for the acts they wish to keep in the competition on the X Factor programme (the "programme").

You may register your vote by the dialling the PRTS numbers listed on www.tv3.ie/xfactorvote or, where applicable, as shown on the TV3 broadcast. Please remember to dial carefully. You will hear a short message thanking you for your vote. Each phone vote costs 60 cent, incl. VAT from an Eircom landline. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobiles will be considerably more. The total cost will be dependent on your network operator.

A helpline is available to Irish viewers on direct dial 0818 205 354. The cost of this call will be the cost of a national rate call charged by the caller's network operator.

Is that not for 2012 ? I see no voting numbers on TV 3 for this year so far .
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

do you have that saved so you can just copy and paste it or do you type it fresh every time you have repeated this over the last couple of weeks ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie is canning fodder simple as that. She won't have the Irish vote to save her.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I love how everyone's underestimating Melanie, I remember a lot of people were saying the same about Alexandra...
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    jjbir wrote: »
    Totally disagree, she has a lot of support online (twitter/youtube/facebook) she definately not go week one. I don't get all the hate for Melanie on here either, its just not warranted.

Many people who vote are not active on social media, it would be foolish to think that is a barometer of public opinion.