Katy Perry surpasses Lady Gaga to become most followed female on Twitter.

2»

Comments

• Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Social Media is just a good way to promote and generate some buzz. It's the equivalent of going on a chatshow. You are there promoting, but only a small fraction of the viewers will buy your material.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Nah, not having that ; social media involves an element of pro-activeness - you actively seek out an artist to follow them/sign up to their Facebook etc. Catching an artist on a chat show you probably always watch anyway is entirely different.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Bieber will always be the most followed female on twitter.

:o:D:D:D
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Meanwhile Adele with her 26m album sales fails to make 2/3 social media top tens...

Adele's core audience don't use Facebook, Twitter and Youtube as much as Rihanna's do. Rihanna is one of the most illegally downloaded artists I believe, much more than Adele. They're popular with different demographics, so it's difficult to compare them. For example, Rihanna might have more Facebook likes, but Adele is definitely more popular with the over 30's.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How has she managed it - she has been low key on a hiatus. All Respect.

She is anything but low-key, any excuse to flash a bit of cleavage she will take it.

She & Gaga are sadly a sign of the times and a massive influence on young impressionable girls that singing/talking about smut and baring it all is how you make it in this world.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax nailed it.

Twitter followers, Facebook likes. All means jack shit if these 30 million people aren't buying your records or going to your tours and no one proves this notion better than Adele.

When it comes to music its all about the music. Nothing else. We can talk about fan groups all we like but its always the casual music buyer who is the most important.

People should NEVER forget this.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Nah, not having that ; social media involves an element of pro-activeness - you actively seek out an artist to follow them/sign up to their Facebook etc. Catching an artist on a chat show you probably always watch anyway is entirely different.

I was talking about the percentage of viewers who would buy the album.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I was talking about the percentage of viewers who would buy the album.

But I was explaining that the 2 audiences are completely different.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the big stories discussed here eh?

:sleep: