Options

2011 PDC Darts Thread

Comments

• Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    That was a wasted chance from the Wizard and VDV takes it 4-2!
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VDV v Lewis should be a classic:)
  • Options
    BaccattackBaccattack Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one Vincent, do enjoy seeing him play (when he's on form). His quarter against Lewis should be festival of speed :D
  • Options
    The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught the last half hour of VdV's win... terrific performance from the Dutchman.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly can't think of many games when VDV's played better, fantastic performance.

I do think Jackpot will defeat him in the QF though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reckon the order of qf's saturday will be

2.10pm-Jenkins v Newton/Suljovic
    3.30pm-Lewis v VDV

7.40pm-Barney/Osborne v Anderson
    9.00pm-Taylor v Webster

If Osborne won then maybe a switch with the Lewis/VDV game.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how Barneveld won that first set because he definitely looked like he was labouring up there - well, other than the 104 finish.

Incidentally, it shows you how many people are interested in the World Championship this year by the fact that Whitlock is currently the sixth biggest trending term on Twitter worldwide.

If it leads to loads of confused Americans then all the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney takes the 1st set 3-1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osborne levels at 1-1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second set Osborne, Barneveld just let him in too many times - as symbolised by that dart he had at double 18 to win the set which quite frankly was closer to the treble.

He got away with lacklustre performances against Hine and McDine, but I'm not sure he's going to get away with it here; maybe it's better for him that he doesn't because if he takes this standard into a match with Anderson he'll get slaughtered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Rod Harrington? Don't think I've seen or heard him the last few nights. He's normally always in the studio.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Second set Osborne, Barneveld just let him in too many times - as symbolised by that dart he had at double 18 to win the set which quite frankly was closer to the treble.

He got away with lacklustre performances against Hine and McDine, but I'm not sure he's going to get away with it here.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but Osborne is woeful as well so probably will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Rod Harrington? Don't think I've seen or heard him the last few nights. He's normally always in the studio.

Lost his voice:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt take long for Barney to go back to his old head shaking and long face:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osborne takes the 3rd set 3-2 and leads 2 sets to 1.
    Dont think Anderson should worry regardless who wins this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osborne must be thanking his lucky stars at the moment, he's not had to play anything like his top game in this championship and yet he's looking good for a quarter final place...

...which is more than can be said about Barney, looking disconcerted, glum, changing his flights, he just looks unfocused and very jaded out there at the moment.

And then he checks out 156. :D

Nice to see that the crowd are gripped by such a pivotal leg, isn't it?

And are taking full heed of Bruce Spendley's call for order too. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crucial leg and the idiots in the crowd start their stupid singing:rolleyes:

Barney levels at 2-2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Phew, Come on Barney :)

Oh and what a win for Van Der Voort earlier:eek: He was superb to beat Whitlock. I really though Whitlock was going to level at 3 each and then go on to win it but all credit to VDV, he held himself together and got the win.

Now lets make it a double win for the Dutch please Barney :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Crucial leg and the idiots in the crowd start their stupid singing:rolleyes:

Apparently the "fans" in the table seats are making provocative chants at the "fans" in the tiered seats and vice versa.

This may not sound sensible, but I almost wouldn't mind it if there was a mass brawl one night as that'd be the only thing to make the PDC realise that they have to control their crowds better.

Keep an eye out for a guy near the front in a green jumper, who has probably spent more time looking at the back of the arena than the front.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Apparently the "fans" in the table seats are making provocative chants at the "fans" in the tiered seats and vice versa.

Like theyve done most nights:rolleyes:.The same 'Boring Chants' too:yawn:

Like i said earlier by the time the last match comes on it will be in full throttle:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not so much tension that you can feel around the arena than aggression, Dave.

3-2 Osborne; got to be honest, I have no idea how that set went because I was distracted by the crowd.

Barney was very unlucky on that 170 though.

I don't know whether he's got the heart to come back into this match again, really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osborne takes the 5th set and leads 3-2.

Yes Dave.And next minute their singing 'Tables Tables give us a song':p
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone fancy guessing a finishing time for Newton v Suljovic?

I reckon Barney v Osborne will go 7 sets and it'll finishe about 0045.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Anyone fancy guessing a finishing time for Newton v Suljovic?

I reckon Barney v Osborne will go 7 sets and it'll finishe about 0045.

Definitely after midnight if going beyond 5 sets
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    havent posted in this thread before but have been reading it, time for the world championships to be held somewhere else or limit the alcohol allowed, the crowd during most of this match have been unbearable

great win for vincent earlier hopefully takes that on and beats lewis,ando shouldnt be worried about either of these guys and i am a big barney fan
This discussion has been closed.