Didn't take Aisleyen Horgan Wallace long to cash in on Amy's death - disgusting :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: No one doesn't. Aisleyne doesn't have the clout to threaten legal action; she could either do nothing or speak publicly herself. Do you really think the Mirror would have bothered to print a paragraph saying "Aisleyne Horgan Wallace would like to make it clear that she was not out drinking with Amy Winehouse two days ago"? Because I don't.

Well then we disagree. Perfectly allowable, I'm sure you'll agree.

:It's not a question of bandwagon jumping, and not a question of Fielder-Civil and Doherty though. They are just examples from today. EVERY SINGLE TIME a famous person dies, the papers scurry round getting interviews with those who knew them. Musicians, sports people, artists, fashion designers, actors, aristocrats: a death is followed by personal interviews, time after time after time. Now you could argue that you don't like people giving interviews about recently dead friends, but you have to accept that you will be criticising hundreds of people a year. What you can't do is act as if Aisleyne is doing anything even slightly unusual. .

Ahhh so because many people do it, that makes it ok, does it? As I said, I personally find it crass and insensitive for any individual to profit from the death of their friend or loved one.

I'm pretty sure it is the fact that my daughter was dead that would be upsetting me, not the fact that someone has told a sunday people how kind and motherly she was. Really. I would probably be slightly comforted that the papers were printing such nice things about her, and not just leaving the readers with the picture that she was a scary nutjob.

The Tabloids and the paps didn't leave Amy alone in life, following her everywhere. You don't think that her family might be a little upset that a number of her friends have gone to these same people, for a price, and sold their story? I can see how, in that circumstance, it could be upsetting for them.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    On the contrary, Aisleyne could be rescuing a bag of fluffy kittens and people would still be poised to abuse her for it. No one has yet explained on here why it is so bad for Aisleyne to do interviews, but perfectly all right for everyone else to do the same. .

As I have said,above, people dont necessarily think it's right for anybody to be cashing in on her death and I dont understand why you keep making that assumption. If you want to club her together with the Blakes and Pete Docerty's of this world, then fine, but I dont respect them and I dont respect her, and I doubt uttering them in the same breathe as her, is gonna do her any favours/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    As I have said,above, people dont necessarily think it's right for anybody to be cashing in on her death and I dont understand why you keep making that assumption. If you want to club her together with the Blakes and Pete Docerty's of this world, then fine, but I dont respect them and I dont respect her, and I doubt uttering them in the same breathe as her, is gonna do her any favours/

It is easy not to respect people like Fielder Civil and Docherty, and Amy Winehouse is perhaps unlucky that she knew some rather low-life people. Here, for example, are a few other people who have, so to speak, 'done an Aisleyne', ie turned to tv or newspapers to share their memories of recently dead friends over the last year:

Mary J Blige, Lenny Kravitz, Tom Waits, Russell Brand, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Moss, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Liza Minnelli, Michael Parkinson, Bruce Springsteen...As far as I know, none of their interviews have attracted one single adverse syllable on here: their friends were just as dead, but they were (and this is absolutely crucial) NOT AISLEYNE, and therefore perfectly ok.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    It is easy not to respect people like Fielder Civil and Docherty, and Amy Winehouse is perhaps unlucky that she knew some rather low-life people. Here, for example, are a few other people who have, so to speak, 'done an Aisleyne', ie turned to tv or newspapers to share their memories of recently dead friends over the last year:

Mary J Blige, Lenny Kravitz, Tom Waits, Russell Brand, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Moss, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Liza Minnelli, Michael Parkinson, Bruce Springsteen...As far as I know, none of their interviews have attracted one single adverse syllable on here: their friends were just as dead, but they were (and this is absolutely crucial) NOT AISLEYNE, and therefore perfectly ok.

Have they done interviews or just been asked for quotes as is usual?

not that I give a flying fig to be honest.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    yet again, Aisleyne is being singled out by people who clearly dislike her and are always looking for ammunition to use against her. Without looking through them all, I would guess that every single Sunday paper has an article in which someone gives their memories about Amy Winehouse. The Independent and Observer certainly do. So why is only Aisleyne wrong to do what so many other people are doing? Why are people not name-calling Steve Wright's son for doing the same, Pete Docherty for doing the same, Blake Fielder Civil and his mother for doing the same, all in different Sunday papers? her biographer Chas Newkay-Burden and Paul Gamaccini for doing the same in the Indie? The owner of the Hawley Arms, in various papers? Why is it only awful if Aisleyne does an interview about her, but not even worthy of comment if many other people do the same?

Of the folks you mentioned the only one I saw was Blake Feder Civil and his mum with her interview in the mail, and I did think she was as bad too. She was obviously being paid for her interview and wanted to defend 'poor blake' but of course pocketing some cash at the same time off her ex -daugther in laws death. When I read that I felt the same disdain for Mrs Feder Civil too in using Amys death as an opportune time to sell a story to the Daily Mail.
    Forum Member
    Fringo wrote: »
    Have they done interviews or just been asked for quotes as is usual?

not that I give a flying fig to be honest.

Majority have been asked for quotes, as normal. I dont see the problem with putting out a nice statement or comment, Aisylene could have done that too. Russell Brand wrote a longer entry on his website, which got copied onto many other sites and papers, more a focus on the addiction side of things but he said some nice comments about Amy too. I think he just published that on his website, so he didnt get paid for anything, but it was quoted alot in the media, still interesting and thoughtful though. Aisylene has now been in the media numerous times, so not really the same as making one quote or statement, as majority of others have.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Onest'Arry wrote: »
    bambii, are you serious? Wouldn't you want to rubbish someone's bullsh*t claims implying you had a hand in leading to a friend's death. I know I would.

We're a cynical nation - what happened to humanity?

I think one interview, on daytime TV stating the rumours were not true, is enough. Selling your story to a Sunday newspaper, is a step too far.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't we just cut the crap and be honest here? Aisleyne is only getting so much vitorol directed at her because she's an ex-Big Brother contestant - and BB contestants were always branded as fame-hungry, attention-seekers. It's basically snobbery. If it had been someone who got famous with a talent and hard work then none of this would even be a problem for some. What if it WAS Mark Ronson who was there on Saturday for example? Nobody would be calling him an attention-seeking drama queen!

As wonkeydonkey said earlier in this thread - there was shock and dismay that A-lister Amy Winehouse would even want an ex-BB contestant in her house when people first heard of their friendship. Aisleyne said in her This Morning interview how they met 4 or 5 years ago? I think considering they've been friends for that length of time shows that Amy actually liked her. Maybe, and just maybe, Amy didn't judge people on where they ranked on a celebrity list and just enjoyed her company.

Besides, Aisleyne hasn't gone around the tabloids offering salacious, juicy 'exclusives' about Amy and their wild nights out together. She spoke very fondly of her and made it clear she would rather paint Amy's life as a rather normal one. Also using the interview to clear up a vicious rumour about not only herself but Amy too.

What is rather distasteful is people taking to Twitter to start some in-fighting with other people who called themselves Amy's friend. It all reeks of bratty childishness, a very 'but I knew her first and she liked me more, so there!' mentality to it.

There's nothing wrong with what Aisleyne's said about Amy. I have to agree with you there. Indeed, I think it's good to hear from someone who's seen a different side to Amy and can counter some of the impressions recent events in Amy's life, starting with the Belgrade concert, have given. I also think Kelly Osbourne's twitter comment was undignified and ill-advised.

However, I don't think the reason Aislyene is being criticised is just "snobbery" or that her status as an ex-housemate etc is irrelevant.

If someone who doesn't court, or seem to want, tabloid attention comments, someone who's known for their talent and hard work, there isn't any reason to think they have an eye on the media attention it might get them. But if someone who's known for turning up at times and places where there are bound to be photographers who either work for or sell to the tabloid press, and for giving them the sorts of pictures they're likely to want, turns up outside Amy's house, where there are bound to be such photographers, and pictures then appear in the Mail, it's a rather different case.

It doesn't mean Aisleyne had to be seeking publicity for herself, or that nasty comments about her are justified, but it's understandable that some people might at least wonder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    That's a really nice interview in People. Positive and heartfelt. Quite why so many people are getting all in a knot about this is bewildering. Surely I can't be alone in welcoming positive stories about Amy from people who knew her and how she actually was as a person? It makes me, as someone who loved her and her music, and despaired over the mess her life became, happy to think that she had come a long way and overcome the bulk of her problems, and was, despite what she presented in the media, actually happy and getting things back on track? How on earth can anyone who felt as eg, I did about Amy find so much to criticise in and feel such resentment towards Ash when all she's doing is presenting a picture of Amy which is happily contrary to the sad, ruined one which many felt to be the case prior to her death?

Maybe some people should focus more on what's being said, rather than who's saying it.
    I think that's an excellent post. Indeed, the first thing I heard, since Amy's death, that countered the impression I was getting that she was still involved with drugs and was a disintegrating mess, came from Aislyene. Amy's father has since said similar things, but I don't think that makes Ash saying them irrelevant.

As BumbleSquat and others have poited out, Aisleyne hasn't gone around the tabloids offering salacious, juicy 'exclusives'. Everything she's said about Amy has been respectful, saddened naturally, but ultimately positive, and has shown a different side to Amy than I'd been seeing in the press.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    If the parents didn't have enough to cope with they have to put up with Aisleyne's antics.

There was the very public show of emotion, the tweeters, the TV interview and now this, Aisleyne just shut up and stop playing the victim.

She admitted in the TM interview that she hadn't seen Amy for 2 months .....and that she found out about her death because she was with one of Amy's best friends.

I remember thinking at the time that if you were one of Amy's best friends it was rather odd to describe someone else as "one of Amy's best friends"..as opposed to "our friend".

Also, her comments in the People seem to me to be observations of someone who's been to Amy's house a few times (noting pictures, cats, etc) rather than someone who knew her well.

I'm afraid I don't buy the 'best friend' garb but then I wonder just how many of Amy's acquaintances were real friends in the end or hangers on/flunkies...hanging out for exposure, free stuff, trips to rehab (Alex Foden) etc, etc.

I always thought she must be a lonely soul, I'm beginning to think this even more.

Just my humble opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Know yourself little girl!

:D

..the first thing that pops into my head whenever the woman's name is mentioned....shudder!
    Forum Member
    Sorry dont buy for a second that she wasnt invited to the funeral because Amy's parents thought she was out partying with her the night before. Surely by the day of the funeral, the bodyguard would have piped up and said 'actually, no, she was at home all night' rather than leave them to believe she'd been out taking all kinds of drugs all night. Total rubbish, from everything she's said it sounds like she was a casual aquintance of Amy's not a good friend...and that's why she wasnt invited.
    Forum Member
    emptybox wrote: »

As to how good a friend Ash was to Amy?
    Well they were pictured out and about together a number of times, and Ash stayed over at Amy's on at least one occasion.
    Amy provided a dedication for the cover of Aisleyne's autobiography in 2009, and Ash was trusted to chaperone Amy's goddaughter to at least one showbiz event, when Amy wasn't available.
    http://www.life.com/image/93535937

when? Ive seen one picture so far of the two of them together in 2008 - the one where Aisleyne is wear a blue short sleeve shirt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when? Ive seen one picture so far of the two of them together in 2008 - the one where Aisleyne is wear a blue short sleeve shirt.

I think if you are asking for a directory of every paparazzi shot of the two of them together you are asking a bit too much. I have seen several; indeed, several have been reproduced over the last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry dont buy for a second that she wasnt invited to the funeral because Amy's parents thought she was out partying with her the night before. Surely by the day of the funeral, the bodyguard would have piped up and said 'actually, no, she was at home all night' rather than leave them to believe she'd been out taking all kinds of drugs all night. Total rubbish, from everything she's said it sounds like she was a casual aquintance of Amy's not a good friend...and that's why she wasnt invited.

You have got that all wrong though. Aisleyne did not say that they thought she had been with Amy the night before she died, but "in the days before she died", ie they had believed the Mirror/ Mail story that she had brought Amy home drunk in a taxi. So not rubbish at all - perfectly believable, and really sad that the lie was ever told. It is lucky that Aisleyne has been able to refute it before it got any worse.

It doesn't sound as if Ash was 'a casual acquaintance' at all: they had often been photographed out together and Amy offered a nice, affectionate cover quote for Aisleyne's book.
    Forum Member
    I think if you are asking for a directory of every paparazzi shot of the two of them together you are asking a bit too much. I have seen several; indeed, several have been reproduced over the last week.

Im not asking for every shot ever taken but some examples would do, are there any, other than the one I have described, because that's the only shot Ive actually ever seen of them together.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's also this pic of the first time Aisleyne was pictured going into Amy's house.
    http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2008/04/Youlll-NEVER-guess-who-Amys-new-friend-is/

Then there's the one in the denim shirt that you've already seen, and the second one that Fringo posted of them out in a group on another occasion.

And before you say it, yes the third picture Fringo posted is just a composite picture, not actually of them together. :D
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    emptybox wrote: »
    There's also this pic of the first time Aisleyne was pictured going into Amy's house.
    http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2008/04/Youlll-NEVER-guess-who-Amys-new-friend-is/

Then there's the one in the denim shirt that you've already seen, and the second one that Fringo posted of them out in a group on another occasion.

And before you say it, yes the third picture Fringo posted is just a composite picture, not actually of them together. :D

Oh that wasn't the one I meant to link .....will look again if I can be arsed.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It still doesn't excuse her profiting from her friends death.

I cannot wait to read the excuses on here from her fanclub when she sells her story to the trash mags this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    It still doesn't excuse her profiting from her friends death.

I cannot wait to read the excuses on here from her fanclub when she sells her story to the trash mags this week.

Well originally it was-
    -she was distressed about Amy's death so went round to her house right towards the paps and 'collapsed' but Amy was one of her closest friends so its understandable. (fair enough but Im sceptical)
    THEN -she did This Morning but she didnt sell her story and just went on to defend herself. She doesnt need publicity she's everwhere right now (hmmm, not sure)
    THEN she sells her story and it's: oh but she said only nice things and 'everybody does it'. (:rolleyes: cashing in on a 'friends' death..nice)
    Always excuses where Aisleyenes concerned...
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    A very close friend who didn't even go to the funeral? Hmm

What is wrong with that.

I didn't go to own fathers funeral, because I know for one I hate funerals and two I would have been that grief stricken that I wouldn't want to be fussed over by anyone. I dealt with my grief in my own way and raised a glass to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have got that all wrong though. Aisleyne did not say that they thought she had been with Amy the night before she died, but "in the days before she died", ie they had believed the Mirror/ Mail story that she had brought Amy home drunk in a taxi. So not rubbish at all - perfectly believable, and really sad that the lie was ever told. It is lucky that Aisleyne has been able to refute it before it got any worse.

It doesn't sound as if Ash was 'a casual acquaintance' at all: they had often been photographed out together and Amy offered a nice, affectionate cover quote for Aisleyne's book.
    I agree that Ash was more than a casual acquaintance, but I think you're trying to get too much out of stash22 getting a detail wrong. Sure, Aisleyne says "in the days before", but most versions of the 'Mirror/Mail story' are more precise, and some versions even have it as the night before. stash22's point was that Amy's parents would already have been told that story was false, and you haven't given any reason to think otherwise.

Couldn't it be that Ash was Amy's friend, but that Amy's parents didn't know her as a close enough friend that they thought she should be included in the funeral?

It's not clear from what Ash told the People about the funeral whether Ash knows the parents thought she'd been out partying with Amy, because of something they or someone else said, or whether it's just something Ash thinks the parents thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    DinkyDee wrote: »
    Well originally it was-
    -she was distressed about Amy's death so went round to her house right towards the paps and 'collapsed' but Amy was one of her closest friends so its understandable. (fair enough but Im sceptical)
    THEN -she did This Morning but she didnt sell her story and just went on to defend herself. She doesnt need publicity she's everwhere right now (hmmm, not sure)
    THEN she sells her story and it's: oh but she said only nice things and 'everybody does it'. (:rolleyes: cashing in on a 'friends' death..nice)
    Always excuses where Aisleyenes concerned...

It's all about making money with her. She will keep selling stories about Amy and people on her payroll will keep defending her on here and elsewhere. She's in her 30's now and does not have a great career imo. This is her opportunity to get maximum exposure in the media and she is using it.
  • TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    scorpio113 wrote: »
    It's all about making money with her. She will keep selling stories about Amy and people on her payroll will keep defending her on here and elsewhere. She's in her 30's now and does not have a great career imo. This is her opportunity to get maximum exposure in the media and she is using it.

Agreed.

And lest we forget the type of mentality we're dealing with here:- "On the spin-off show Big Brother's Big Brain, it was stated that Aisleyne was the clearest example of a 'High Mach' (hence more likely to be calculating, untrusting and detached socially) according to the Machiavellian test that all contestants took before the show."

Nuff said. :D