Inland Empire

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
Forum Member
started watching this film last night but because it was on so late didn't get to see all of it. I've got it on DVD but couldn't get into it before but I was totally engrossed last night but I think to appreciate David Lynch films you have to be in the right frame of mind.
But I shall be watching this again tonight.

Great to see it had most of the cast of Wild at Heart in it too.

Comments

• Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it was on ITV !

ITV !!!
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it was on ITV !

ITV !!!

I suppose if they had to buy it as part of some deal then they had to try getting their moneysworth out of it at least once :p

I suppose it is pretty impressive and encouraging though when you consider that what once would have been snapped up as Channel 4 fare, is more likely to be passed over by them these days in favour of yet more mainstream Hollywood dreck to add to their neverending rotations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to give this a go but I havent been able to look Laura Dern in the eye since seeing Wild At Heart. Her and Nic Cage were so $hit in that film.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This film scares the crap out of me. I really can't sleep after watching it.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin peaks was tv on the edge great stuff when first shown. i shall watch my own recording of Inland when i have time ......
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it was on ITV !

ITV !!!

ITV, Are you sure?!

ITV?!

What time did they show it?

(I don't watch TV anymore on account of it being unwatchable.)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite films is Mulholland Drive. And I like Twin Peaks.

Yet I found INLAND EMPIRE to very disappointing.

It's extremely boring.

A few decent moments of surrealism do not a good film make. Especially when that film is about 2 and a half hours long!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I watched this a few years ago and just didn't get it. I'm not a huge Lynch fan, but I had some admiration for Wild at Heart and Blue Velvet. This one was just too artsy and experimental for my tastes.