The Following Season 3

1234568»

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    thank you!!!!

you are thinking along the same lines as me re Mike - I really hope he isnt killed off, Max deserves some happiness and they are dead cute together!

Yes, I do want a Max and Mike happy ending. I just think with there still being two episodes to go, I don't think they'd kill a main character off at this stage. If he was going to be killed of, it probably would have been done as a season-ending cliffhanger.

On a related note, I found it hilarious how utterly non-plussed Max was about Tom's death. I know we know it's Mike that she loves and Tom was a baddy and a killer, but still, that was amusing.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Yes, I do want a Max and Mike happy ending. I just think with there still being two episodes to go, I don't think they'd kill a main character off at this stage. If he was going to be killed of, it probably would have been done as a season-ending cliffhanger.

On a related note, I found it hilarious how utterly non-plussed Max was about Tom's death. I know we know it's Mike that she loves and Tom was a baddy and a killer, but still, that was amusing.

yes, I had a giggle to myself too - everyone knows her heart belongs to Mike, she was just being an idiot
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather the annoying Max get killed off than Mike.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darn it. Now I'm intrigued about who this power group is. Hate when this happens.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will hopefully catch up soon - Sky now has both of last week's eps up :)
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched episode 13 last night. Really enjoyed them actually it was very tense again...

Sez you better hurry up! :D
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the second half of the series really picked up once Theo was the main focus.

I enjoyed the ending and think it would have made for a very interesting series four with Ryan going rogue against the mysterious power group of super rich serial killers. I will assume he would have taken them down revealed he was still alive and lived happily ever after with Gwen and his baby.
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the mysterious powerful rich serial killers club is the Cabal from The Blacklist ? ;-)

Dave
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Ryan goes off to be a serial killer of Serial Killers. Maybe he'll start using Dexter as an alias.

I'm surprised they didn't have MindJoe walking along side him at the end.

Would we have had Max and Mike hunting Ryan down next season as loads of really Rich people start dropping dead?

Theo no doubt would have survived as well. Would he have come after Gwen again or with Ryan being "dead" would he have decided to go after the Rich Killers Group as well?

I gues we'll never know :D
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    So Ryan goes off to be a serial killer of Serial Killers. Maybe he'll start using Dexter as an alias.

I'm surprised they didn't have MindJoe walking along side him at the end.

Would we have had Max and Mike hunting Ryan down next season as loads of really Rich people start dropping dead?

Theo no doubt would have survived as well. Would he have come after Gwen again or with Ryan being "dead" would he have decided to go after the Rich Killers Group as well?

I gues we'll never know :D

Argh so frustrated with the ending! It was great, really tense, then Theo got away too many times and still managed to get to Ryan even though he had a bullet in his brain...
    I wanted to know who the 'big boss' of that strange club was - me and my boyfriend were joking that we thought Eliza would rip off her face and turn out to be Claire!
    I really wanted Gwen, Max and Mike to notice him stood there - surely a hooded, limping man with his arm in a sling would have been noticed by someone wanting to ensure he was ok...?
    Grrr!!
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know how many people were killed in this series. enjoyed the final episodes just a shame we don't know who the boss is.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I wanted was for Theo to survive, so imagine how happy I was when he got up in full health after being shot in the head :D Nice. No, but really. That wasn't a graze. That was in the middle of his forehead.

I can't speak highly enough of Michael Ealy's performance as Theo. The character really made this whole season for me.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    All I wanted was for Theo to survive, so imagine how happy I was when he got up in full health after being shot in the head :D Nice. No, but really. That wasn't a graze. That was in the middle of his forehead.

I can't speak highly enough of Michael Ealy's performance as Theo. The character really made this whole season for me.

I agree wholeheartedly. Very easy on the eye as well, even when he was at his most deranged!
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have liked Joe Carroll to be walking beside Ryan at the end when he left the hospital. That would have been a fitting end.

Oh well it was good while it lasted but series 3 really was terrible!
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly. Very easy on the eye as well, even when he was at his most deranged!

Honestly, this show had perhaps the most beautiful cast on TV. Michael Ealy and Jessica Stroup alone are just astonishing to look at.

I'm sad that it's gone but at the same time I thought it was a fitting ending. I like that Max, Mike and Gwen got their happy ending (mostly), and that Ryan has his purpose but with less emotional turmoil. There's still a threat so the potential for more. And I'm choosing to believe that Terminator Theo somehow survived. If he had the strength to get up and throw someone off a bridge after getting shot in the head, he can find a way to walk away from falling off the bridge. :D
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a pretty decent ending really, tied up enough but with enough loose ends still to leave wanting for more.

I can't think of a better ending had they known they weren't coming back, I would rather this than some cheesy "everything is ok now" ending.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have really enjoyed this series. Gutted that it was cancelled.

Am I the only person who wanted Mike Weston to die at the end? I mean his character is mean spirited & selfish. I wouldn't want him on my team, you never know who he's gonna shoot. Out of control.

I watch a few U.S shows and for me, this was the most enjoyable.
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed The Following the format got pretty repetitive at times it felt like the same thing happening again and again. I would have liked to have seen a S4 as the premise they were setting up sounded interesting and a bit different to the previous stuff. Overall though I felt it had a suitable ending for the kind of show it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so Theo gets shot IN THE HEAD and gets up, with enough energy to wrestle Ryan over the fencing............ ok then :confused:

a little frustrated that is has been cancelled when it could have carried on in a different direction with the Super Power Group (confused by these folk!)

who are they?
    what do they want?
    who is in charge?

have I missed the answers to my questions........... probably lol

didnt see the twist with the FBI woman being in with them tho

sad this has been cancelled as I really enjoyed it but happy that Max got her happy ending :)
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »

sad this has been cancelled as I really enjoyed it but happy that Max got her happy ending :)

We got our wish! :D
    gilesb wrote: »
    I thought it was a pretty decent ending really, tied up enough but with enough loose ends still to leave wanting for more.

I can't think of a better ending had they known they weren't coming back, I would rather this than some cheesy "everything is ok now" ending.

This. I'm gutted it was cancelled as I thought season three ended on a real high, but I'm glad there was no big cliffhanger with us not knowing if Ryan was alive or not, or Mike still being unconscious, for example. We know all the main good guys are ok, so that's something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    We got our wish! :D

This. I'm gutted it was cancelled as I thought season three ended on a real high, but I'm glad there was no big cliffhanger with us not knowing if Ryan was alive or not, or Mike still being unconscious, for example. We know all the main good guys are ok, so that's something.

we did :D yay

I do feel sad for Gwyn (sp?) though, esp as she is pregnant - I just hope Ryan finds a way to let her (and Max for that matter) know that he is ok
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how I feel about the cancellation ... I felt the show picked up when theo became the big bad ... But the first half of the series was dragging for me

The ending was sufficient as there were no real big questions left answered (other than theo living or dying ) the super group and dark(er) Ryan would have been an interesting storyline to see