Options

Britain's Got Talent/More Talent - Live show 3/Results - 27 May - 7.30/9.30 - ITV1

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more it must have been a fix. There is absolutely no bloody way Jamie Raven could have got majority of the votes.

There is a way, since your opinion does not represent the opinion of everybody else! Get over it for goodness sake! You are not the most important person in the world, I hate to break it to you.
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    Couldn't they have devised a name more original and snappy than UDI?

Boy, is it going to be a tedious final so far...... apart maybe from the magician to see what he comes up with I suppose. That said, still a few more semi finals to go so we'll see.

Exactly my thinking.

Very poor quality of acts this year. They should re-label it as Britain's ran out of talent, so take a look at this average lot.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be young as because there is nothing wrong with liking UDI, you make it sound like they are unique and nothing like it has even been seen or done before. - UV Black Light acts have been around for decades.

Well I've never seen any. UDI are perfect for the Royal Family and I'm going to charge up my old iPod Touch so I can manipulate the votes by voting fifteen times for them for final. UDI simply have to win otherwise I'll lose all faith in humanity.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more it must have been a fix. There is absolutely no bloody way Jamie Raven could have got majority of the votes.

In the words of a renowned philosopher "Don't have a cow, man"

There is no fix. Sometimes the acts we like just don't have the support and vise versa. If anything I've learned from BGT is that the vote tends to go towards mediocre.

Also a fix would be what FIFA have done
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've never seen any. UDI are perfect for the Royal Family and I'm going to charge up my old iPod Touch so I can manipulate the votes by voting fifteen times for them for final. UDI simply have to win otherwise I'll lose all faith in humanity.

Oh my.......acts like them have been around a very long time
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    Matter of opinion.

Having watched Americas got talent a few years ago.. Fighting gravity puts this lot to shame.. UDI are utter crap.

All the acts are better on AGT. I doubt if any of our finalists would make their second round. I much prefer AGT but resent being a year behind!
  • Options
    J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly my thinking.

Very poor quality of acts this year. They should re-label it as Britain's ran out of talent, so take a look at this average lot.

Britains run out of talent, it's a good job we have Siberia to help us out then
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it is just because the public are sick of singers and dancers and will vote for anything different.

A good sign if that is the case.

Agreed. Also it seems that precocious kids are no longer dead certs to win the public vote. :cool:
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    UDI should have won. Bloody stupid. But at least they got through.

I'd like to know which IDIOTS voted for Jamie Raven over UDI.>:(

I did, because I thought Jamie did a fantastic job tonight (bar the weird helicopter bit) and I really can't wait to see what he'll do for the final. :)
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »

There is no fix. Sometimes the acts we like just don't have the support and vise versa. If anything I've learned from BGT is that the vote tends to go towards mediocre.

I think the public felt sorry for him as so many things went wrong. it was obvious he knew the cards he was giving the panel and that no one in the audience wrote those things the sleight of hand with the goldfish and ice was good although pretty standard stuff it was all very contrived sadly
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member

Yes...........

Note: No one is going to take an hysterical youngster serious.

ipods, twitter and the fact that just because you haven't seen a UV Black Light act before says it all.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I dont know. i saw a good few great acts on the build up shows, where have they all gone? They seem to have put all the dross through. The magician was nothing special and he won. Didnt get UDI, maybe worked better in the studio but was boring. Boring street dancers, what the matter with different styles of dance. Boring stage show singers and novelty acts
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha. Why aren't you just happy that they got through? I wish they would've won it tonight but still it doesn't matter, they came 2nd with the public vote meaning they made it to the final.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre decisions tonight.

Bit rude a caller asks Amanda a question and she calls it stupid.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Agreed. Also it seems that precocious kids are no longer dead certs to win the public vote. :cool:

BONUS! :D
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UDI were good, glad they're through
    And at least Jamie has a chance of winning for actual "variety"

One thing I don't get is why the judges were bigging up that IMD group who were way below average and those tenor people (talk about a year too late)

Narinder came last :(:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »

Nonsense. UDI have loads of support on Twitter. Looking among the tweets, it seems many women just voted for Jamie Raven because they think he's pretty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LiamOK wrote: »
    Haha. Why aren't you just happy that they got through? I wish they would've won it tonight but still it doesn't matter, they came 2nd with the public vote meaning they made it to the final.

Because it makes it less likely they'll win.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nonsense. UDI have loads of support on Twitter. Looking among the tweets, it seems many women just voted for Jamie Raven because they think he's pretty.

the dance act who got through teh first night had no mentions really on Twitter. Twitter is hardly the hub of reflection of votes.

And yeah, that's what I mean about voters. It's always been that way on bgt with people voting for acts for reason OTHER then the talent such as looks.
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member

No, nonsense is you assuming that, just because your favourite act didn't win tonight's semi final (they still got through!), the whole competition is one big fix, and launching out on a massive tantrum akin to that of a four year old. :p

You can continue to believe that UDI are the best thing since sliced bread if you want, but I think the whole forum is starting to get fed up of you babbling on about them in such an arrogant way, especially when you get very confrontational and defensive should anyone dare to BREATHE a bad word about them.
  • Options
    opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yes I remember her. There's a few names like that. I think Baljinder is another one. Is it Sikh?

Unisex just like Lesley, Lindsay, Toni and Kim
  • Options
    fleur2013fleur2013 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I've voted for UDI, even though their act was mediocre. So far two of my favourite acts have gone through. The Welsh choir and UDI.
    It would be great to see a number of finalists to do a roadshow, tour around Britain, similar to X Factor tour.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Exactly my thinking.

And yet, didn't I hear Amanda Holden say on one talk show that this year has been the best crop of talent since 2009? Surely pure hype - and it's noticeable that the judges are ludicrously 'bigging up' many of the acts when they are quite clearly rubbish or average at best. I've heard 'world class' and 'life affirming' and 'superstar quality' amongst many other OTT comments they've made. Many of us are seeing straight through it.

In reality, Britain doesn't appear to have that much talent. They even have to import more acts from abroad to stop us from becoming bored rigid. Not only that, but there are far too many 'copy cat' acts and not enough originality.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    opal88 wrote: »
    Unisex just like Lesley, Lindsay, Toni and Kim
    True although in Britain, men, like my dad, use the Leslie spelling, whereas as women use the Lesley spelling. But I know American men use Lesley. I think Toni is usually the girlie spelling though.
  • Options
    MiaxxxMiaxxx Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Would love to know who Barbara Windsor's surgeon is. She's looking good