Dave, the facts (by someone who actually knows him)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
Forum Member
I'm a very good friend of Dave so I thought I'd clear some things up.

Dave isn't a conman, He has never asked for money for prayer, ever. Some of the events that he puts on have a registration fee but this covers mundane things like venue rental and flights for visiting speakers, hotels etc

There is no cult. Dave isn't a cult leader. Dave is one of hundreds of people that are part of a grassroots movement to break Christianity out of the box that it's been put into and to start experiencing the Christianity that is written about in the new testament. Dave obviously has people that attend events regularly but it isn't a cult by any stretch of the imagination.

Dave has a very dry sense of humour. This often comes accross as him being a bit of a knob but he isn't. He's a wind up merchant of the highest degree and I love him for it, he keeps you on your toes :D

What else, er

Dave doesn't hate gay people. While he may not accept the lifestyle he still loves the person, he sees that there is more to a person than their sexuality.

Oh yes, that bloody wheelchair video.
Right, for those that were questioning why Dave was filmed in a wheelchair, here goes.
For years the church has placed so much importance on our efforts, on what we as people do, not on what Jesus Christ has already done on the cross.
Dave was immobilzed by the presence of God, completely blotto. He wanted to show that you don't even need to walk to carry the presence of Jesus and manifest the finished work of the cross, our effort is not required, Jesus did it all! It's awesome.
Dave was aware that it was a controversial thing to do, Jesus often did controversial things. Yes what he did is open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding but he did it anyway as he had a point to prove.

He was not pretending to be disabled to fleece money out of people as people have intimated.

The werewolf things (can't believe I'm typing this).
A mutual friend of ours was involving some crazy far out occultism, his face would change and his mouth would jut out and elongate like a sort of wolf snout. Crazy but true.

Anything else?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave just doesn't come across as a decent christian to me.

He comes across as spiteful, sneaky and false.

None of which are christian traits:rolleyes:
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Anything else?

How does he pay his mortgage, council tax, utility bills and buy food?
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a sadist, seen it with my own eyes
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    page1
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A mutual friend of ours was involving some crazy far out occultism, his face would change and his mouth would jut out and elongate like a sort of wolf snout. Crazy but true.

Anything else?
    That's enough to be going on with, thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dave isn't a conman, He has never asked for money for prayer, ever. Some of the events that he puts on have a registration fee but this covers mundane things like venue rental and flights for visiting speakers, hotels etc

There is no cult. Dave isn't a cult leader. Dave is one of hundreds of people that are part of a grassroots movement to break Christianity out of the box that it's been put into and to start experiencing the Christianity that is written about in the new testament. Dave obviously has people that attend events regularly but it isn't a cult by any stretch of the imagination.

Dave has a very dry sense of humour. This often comes accross as him being a bit of a knob but he isn't. He's a wind up merchant of the highest degree and I love him for it, he keeps you on your toes :D

What else, er

Dave doesn't hate gay people. While he may not accept the lifestyle he still loves the person, he sees that there is more to a person than their sexuality.

Right, for those that were questioning why Dave was filmed in a wheelchair, here goes.
    For years the church has placed so much importance on our efforts, on what we as people do, not on what Jesus Christ has already done on the cross.
    Dave was immobilzed by the presence of God, completely blotto. He wanted to show that you don't even need to walk to carry the presence of Jesus and manifest the finished work of the cross, our effort is not required, Jesus did it all! It's awesome.
    Dave was aware that it was a controversial thing to do, Jesus often did controversial things. Yes what he did is open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding but he did it anyway as he had a point to prove.

He was not pretending to be disabled to fleece money out of people as people have intimated.

Anything else?

Yeah you forgot to say that this is a load of horse pooh! Give us a break with the dry sense of humour. He's a vindictive and spiteful man.

Wheelchair malarky? who on earth do you think you ae kidding. If Dave was really aware that it was a contentious thing to do and went ahead and laughed about it anyway, he's EVEN more insensitive than I thought.
    How did he think real wheelchair users would feel about that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave was immobilzed by the presence of God, completely blotto.

That was the best...YOU should be in that house ! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No thanks

perhaps someday you might attempt to teach him about this little word called respect
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you not think, he could have been more proactive last night when he seen Sam upset and diffused the situation, given his status I feel he actualy fueled that situation and it's little things like that, that make me doubt him
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does daves story of finding his faith read, word for word, the exact same one as John Crowders?

Thats the story that has netted John Crowder a substantial amount of money, you know the one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    How does he pay his mortgage, council tax, utility bills and buy food?

To be fair, that's absolutely none of your business. I'll tell you anyway though as he's mentioned it in the house. He has minisrty partners that give regularly and he remortgaged his house. He also has his pest control business to fall back on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    yep, why did he have a go at the housemates for playing that drinking game...."losing their dignity" etc.....
    but thought it was acceptable to lie on the floor and look up his wife's skirt when she came in the house?????? Would that not be humiliating for his wife....would that not be a loss of dignity for her?
    I think he's hypocritical.....
    why did he comment on Caiomhe baring her flesh in the bathroom that day when he thinks its fine for him to flash all whilst being sprayed naked with fake tan for all to see...
    there's loads more but I can't think of them right at this minute...I'm sure other people will!!!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Please stop. Attempting to justify his behaviour in any way, shape, or form automatically invalidates your opinion. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "dave was immobilized by the presence of God"

:rolleyes: don't make me laugh.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, let's wait till the story is in the press then we can all make up our own minds. I think he is a charlatan - no normal Christian would put himself in a wheelchair - whatever his motives. I fail to see how anyone can defend this.
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell sorry for you! No doubt he says spiteful things behind your back like he does with all the housemates in there.
    Forum Member
    Why does daves story of finding his faith read, word for word, the exact same one as John Crowders?

Thats the story that has netted John Crowder a substantial amount of money, you know the one.

Dunno, it's similar to my story too, and many other's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pile of crap. He's a deluded pervy con man whose place to eternal torture in your hell is guaranteed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My question: what kind of drugs were you doing when you saw the werewolf change?

Anyway, I don't really dislike Dave for what he's said or done outside of the house (although I do think the wheelchair stunt is obnoxious -- I don't remember Jesus misleading others to prove himself in the Bible). I mainly just dislike him because of what he's said and done IN the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also has his pest control business to fall back on.

It`s a pity he couldn`t get someone in to deal with some of them in the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Dave compared to the dullards like steve, mario, jj, josie etc. He doesn't take himself to seriously.
    Don't get the venom and hate on here by a certain posters. They make Dave look like a saint compared to the hate filled posts they write.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member

What else, er

Anything else?

Yes can you explain why Keeva's boob being visible through her shirt was negative and terrible, but Mario's testicles were encouraged to be shown by Dave, and he was happy to allow Andrew to tan his arse for him? If you can, that is. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

What else, er

Anything else?

Hmmm comparing Dave to Jesus :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    This thread will probably gain a bit of attention and I can't and won't answer every qustion.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno, it's similar to my story too, and many other's.

You dont know why Dave and John Crowders stories are word for word copies?

Thats Daves good friend John Crowder, who's website is linked to from Daves newecstastics site nearly a dozen times?
This discussion has been closed.