TK Maxx

2»

Comments

• malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Certain branches of TK Maxx I find are better than others. The Hammersmith branch has an amazing men's shoe section. The amount of times I have found a gem in there..
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    The only time I have ever been into one it felt like a cheap tacky shop, all the clothes looked awful or dated and it was crammed with tat. Someone at work says she has managed to find some decent suits in there though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on their clothes, but I often find good bargains in their homeware section. But the clothes all over the floor is off putting and the queues are often longer than other stores.
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    I found a nice t shirt in the ladies 14 bit once, lol turned out It was a boys age 14, lol think I still bought it mind :o:)

Ha ha that happened to me too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Like a posh Primark
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've had a TK Maxx in our town centre for over a year now and I still haven't ever been in it. Or the Primark that opened a couple of years ago. Apparently their sizing is on the ridiculously small side so their stuff probably wouldn't even fit me anyway but I want clothes that will last more than one or two wears.

I tend to clothes shop mainly online. I find the highstreet stores mostly useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Bought a pair of headphones once. They were ok until the jack popped off...
    I like the homeware & beauty sections but they need to sort out clotheswear. A hot mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had some brilliant furniture from there, bought a cow skin hide for £35 which Isaw at Grand designs Live for £350. I also got a baby pink Versace leather jacket for £35.

You just have to keep going all the time, perservere and you can hit lucky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to like TK Maxx but just couldn't. It feels like I've entered some warehouse when I go in there and I never see anything I really like. Doesn't help that I haven't heard of most of the 'designer' names in there :o

Re TK Maxx and Primark comparisons, our Primark has a jumble sale kind of feel, much like TK Maxx but I have also been in some Primarks which are lovely, spacious and well laid out. I want to live near one of those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't speak Polish.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    rags, rags and more rags. I never quite understood it's appeal, pretty much everything in there looks horrid and if you are lucky to find something (that isn't a repulsive colour/design, covered in diamontes/sequins or covered in crap/dust after being kicked around the shop floor a few times) then chances are they won't have it in your size.

Anyone else had any luck with this store?

My sons get really expensive looking jeans for a fiver all the time in the clearance sales. It's because they're only 28" or 30" waists, which don't seem to sell. They've got some really nice shirts in there, as have my little uns. No 3 son got some Doc Martens for £35 - he is only size 7, so probably not much call for them or summat. He'd been looking at the same ones online the day before around £125.

I've had a couple of bits of luck with it, too. (No sequins:cry:) I got a £300 quid skirt for £15 once. I do have rather loud (bad?) taste though so probably not much of a recommendation.
  • Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it's like an expensive jumble sale.

I've never ever found anything which I've thought was a bargain in there.

I'll sometimes have a look at the handbags, only because they are at the front of the shop but you can get cheaper in Debenhams :rolleyes:
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,043
    Forum Member
    If you've got the time, it's great. I've picked up designer jeans for £20, and good, well made shoes for work for the same.

You just have to be prepared to take some time finding stuff, and accept that they may not have what you want.