Options

Girlfriend on holiday for 3 weeks.....

megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello just looking for some advice my gf is off to Turkey for 3 weeks with her girl pals etc I feel quite sad I will be apart from her for that time but am petrified at the thought she will be unfaithful to me :( , she has done nothing to make me think she will however she has been before while she was single and slept with Turkish men , I feel sick at the thought of it :(

Comments

• Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just gotta trust her, and if you dont the relationship probably wont work. Sorry, thays the only 'advice' i can really give. Im no good at relationships.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your concern if you're the type to worry (I'd be the same), but she was single when she did that and has done nothing to make you suspicious in the time you've been with her. I wouldn't make your feelings known to her though.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if there snot rust in the relationship end it now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LMAO :D
  • Options
    megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do want to believe her but I just keep having negative thoughts thinking she will be drunk and some smooth talking turk with dark skin will try it on and she will forget about me , we have both discussed it as i'm going away to Thailand 2 weeks after she comes back so she has doubts about me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do want to believe her but I just keep having negative thoughts thinking she will be drunk and some smooth talking turk with dark skin will try it on and she will forget about me , we have both discussed it as i'm going away to Thailand 2 weeks after she comes back so she has doubts about me!

She is probably cheating on you right now :p

Just kidding, if she cares enough about you she won't cheat. If she does just have it out with her.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello just looking for some advice my gf is off to Turkey for 3 weeks with her girl pals etc I feel quite sad I will be apart from her for that time but am petrified at the thought she will be unfaithful to me :( , she has done nothing to make me think she will however she has been before while she was single and slept with Turkish men , I feel sick at the thought of it :(

Was she featured in a TV documentary from around 2-3 years ago, by any chance?
  • Options
    macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's natural to be worried, but if you truly trust her, then letting her go and enjoy herself will, in the long run, strengthen your relationship.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Statistically on the scenario you've outlined , you're far more likely to be unfaithful than she is!

A relatively small percentage of British males without their partners visiting Thailand are hugely interested in visiting temples and other equally culturally enriching and enobling destinations. Although of course you may be one of the few.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jealousy can rip a relationship apart if it's given the satisfaction. Take ti from someone who knows.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know worrying and fretting about it while she's away won't change a single thing apart from make you more miserable and anxious. If I was you I would use the time she's away to complete as much of the stuff you never get round to doing when she's around. Keep yourself busy, spoil yourself and occupy your mind as best you can. Before you know it she will be back.
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    turkish men will definitely be coming on to her 24/7 unless she is going to marmaris or some tourist place like that.
  • Options
    Proposition JoeProposition Joe Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Your girlfriend is definitely gonna get her pitta bread filled with some Turkish kebab. Gonna be some white sauce on that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your girlfriend is definitely gonna get her pitta bread filled with some Turkish kebab. Gonna be some white sauce on that too.

You're not funny. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    if she goes away thinking you dont trust her and youre expecting her to cheat, then she could go with the mindset that she may as well do it if shes gonna be accused of it anyway
  • Options
    finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Before you know it she will be back.

With a gait like John Wayne.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for independence and times apart, but she's away for quite a long time, you are also going long haul presumably away for a long time, is a holiday together not possible?
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What are her girl pals like, are they faithful to their partners? Are they leaving their boyfriends back home too?

I understand your worry but it could cause serious problems if you let your girlfriend know you don't trust her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    If I was you I would use the time she's away to complete as much of the stuff you never get round to doing when she's around..

... Like Lady Boys.

Just a suggestion!.:cool:
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..This is why it's always important to be able to trust somebody 110% before you commit to any kind of relationship, in your case some things have clearly happened to make you feel this way.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were you I'd get a plane out there tomorrow and surprise her. I'm sure she'd love that.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 weeks is a long holiday??? :o
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you don't trust her, you're better off without her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She goes on holiday without you for three weeks. You go on holiday without her for two weeks.

What kind of relationship is this?