Songs that have been ruined for you

pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've noticed that i cant listen to 'you've lost that loving feeling' without giggling, as every time i hear of it, i think of Paul Shane's infamous performance of the song on Pebble mill.
Has anyone else any songs that have been 'ruined' for them?

Comments

• HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BAYBEH!!!:D

Just had to go and give it another watch. Never gets old.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything from Lady Gaga's The Fame. So overplayed.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine sing Dock of the Bay referring to it as I'm Sitting on Your Cock cos I'm Gay

Everytime I hear the song I think of that :D:blush:
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 for very different reasons

Atomic Kitten - Whole Again, Because of everyone changing the lyrics to you can lick my **** again, I cant think of that song any other way now, its rancid.

Kylie - I Believe In You, My favorite kylie single, and i adored the ballad version, until it got used in the bank advert. I cannot listen to it anymore.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Amy Winehouse, "Rehab".

Because if she HAD gone to Rehab, the poor woman might still be alive. It's like
    having a Joy Division song called "I'm gonna put my head in a noose". :(
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't really like 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' by Britney Spears although I admit it's a good pop song, but whenever I hear it I always think of that ridiculous rendition by Darius.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone

...brings back memories of someone I'd rather forget.
  • slimlinetonicslimlinetonic Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    That's an easy one Hounds of Love by the Futureheads, apart from it being written by the majestic Kate Bush, who is a genius it had an horrendous fake Geordie make over by a load of useless plebs like them, caterwauling in their Flying Pickets meets Post Punk collaboration. I've heard more melodic war crimes than that piece of absolute trash. Mind you at least they re now resigned to the hotel has-been. And I shall never have to hear them again.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's an easy one Hounds of Love by the Futureheads, apart from it being written by the majestic Kate Bush, who is a genius it had an horrendous fake Geordie make over by a load of useless plebs like them, caterwauling in their Flying Pickets meets Post Punk collaboration. I've heard more melodic war crimes than that piece of absolute trash. Mind you at least they re now resigned to the hotel has-been. And I shall never have to hear them again.

I also class it as one of the worst covers ever, I remember they played it ad nauseum on XFM at the time and I would always switch stations whenever it came on

(that was a well written outburst you did by the way ;-) )
  • slimlinetonicslimlinetonic Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I also class it as one of the worst covers ever, I remember they played it ad nauseum on XFM at the time and I would always switch stations whenever it came on

(that was a well written outburst you did by the way ;-) )
    hahah i en-devour to please, isnt it horrible and they are right smug t**ts I seen an interview on you tube and they came across incredibly smug and just went on about what they d done for local talent, which due to be given was a lot in a way. But they do come across as terrible, over inflated egos. they're version of Accapella is actually worse, that make s one of Hitlers speeches sound like an off-shot of Pet Sounds.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Leave Me This Way is an absolute classic 70's tune. Gamble and Huff wrote a masterpiece of soul perfection and Teddy performed a vocal masterclass. The backing vocals were spot on and it hit the exact right balance between being a heartfelt love song and a dancefloor classic.

And then came Jimmy Sommerville who wailed his way through like a cat being castrated with a pair of housebricks and THAT wooooooooooooooooooooooo into the chorus - Don't get me started
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anything by glitter
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy Winehouse, "Rehab".

Because if she HAD gone to Rehab, the poor woman might still be alive. It's like
    having a Joy Division song called "I'm gonna put my head in a noose". :(
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Don't Leave Me This Way is an absolute classic 70's tune. Gamble and Huff wrote a masterpiece of soul perfection and Teddy performed a vocal masterclass. The backing vocals were spot on and it hit the exact right balance between being a heartfelt love song and a dancefloor classic.

And then came Jimmy Sommerville who wailed his way through like a cat being castrated with a pair of housebricks and THAT wooooooooooooooooooooooo into the chorus - Don't get me started

Very ironic and sad about Amy Winehouse

I know. I can tolerate Simply Red's version of If you don't know me by now in terms of covers of Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes song but that version of Don't leave me this way is hideous

Let it go and Happy- both overplayed massively
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont stop believing Ruined by the show Glee
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Dont stop believing Ruined by the show Glee

Glee put Don't stop believing back on the map. Glee have ruined many songs but that isn't one of them
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few because of hearing someone perform a p*ss poor cover version:

Impossible by Shontelle, after James Arthur's atrocious X Factor winning single

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum, tarnished by Cheryl Cole's dismal vocals during her 2012 Jubilee duet of it with Gary Barlow. Of all the songs they could've sung together, why that one?

I'm also now irritated by Last Christmas by Wham, because my dad pointed out how George Michael pronounces "gave" as "gev".
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    Atomic Kitten - Whole Again, Because of everyone changing the lyrics to you can lick my **** again, I cant think of that song any other way now, its rancid.

Ha ha, same here!
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine sing Dock of the Bay referring to it as I'm Sitting on Your Cock cos I'm Gay

Everytime I hear the song I think of that :D:blush:

:D:D I burst out laughing at that!!! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Don't Look Any Further.

Love the M People version, then found the original byDennis Edwards and Siedah Garrett and my God, the way he gurns all over the video!! I always thought it a poignant heartfelt song, now it makes me giggle!

http://youtu.be/CH3rx8LhrQo
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    For me it's Don't Look Any Further.

Love the M People version, then found the original byDennis Edwards and Siedah Garrett and my God, the way he gurns all over the video!! I always thought it a poignant heartfelt song, now it makes me giggle!

http://youtu.be/CH3rx8LhrQo

I love that video, cocaine face and air humping. imo it makes the song even more classic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    I love that video, cocaine face and air humping. imo it makes the song even more classic.

:D:D He does have cocaine face!!!!

But it was one of my feeling sorry for myself songs, can't do that now!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D He does have cocaine face!!!!

But it was one of my feeling sorry for myself songs, can't do that now!! :D

Its so funny.:D
    love the bassline it was used on eric b and rakim paid in full.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    Its so funny.:D
    love the bassline it was used on eric b and rakim paid in full.

This crappy decade needs an air humping revival! :D

Never knew that about Eric B and Rakim. That was an awesome song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This crappy decade needs an air humping revival! :D

Its really slick choreography, they have so much chemistry..the powdered kind :p
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    anything by glitter

Oh come on, come on.