Mariah Carey's voice is BACK, in time for her new album next year!

flyonthetableflyonthetable Posts: 170
Forum Member
Mariah has not sounded this good since -- let's say -- 2003 Charmbracelet tour! These were broadcasted last night in USA!

All I Want for Christmas Is You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHypLpEob14

Christmas Time Is In The Air Again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19RS-0ryXOM

:) She's still got it!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna watch it now! I hope you're right! :)
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's singing live to a backing track.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Wooohhoooo, you're right! She's back! :)
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty good.

Don't think her comeback will be as triumphant chart-wise though. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's singing live to a backing track.

So what?
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    So what?

She's not singing live to a backing track, her performance was just dubbed for television. If you want to hear what she really sounded like, youtube fan recordings, and let me tell you...there's no difference. Why they added in the backing track is beyond me, she sounded INCREDIBLE.

And even so, the backing track was only dubbed in for All I Want For Christmas. Christmas Time Is In the Air has no backing track because it's acapella-based.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff! I love Mariah and she's sounding really great at the moment. Damn, I wish she'd do a tour and come to the UK. I've never seen her live. Well not a whole concert anyway. I was 10 feet from her in the audience when she was on Paul O'Grady's show a few years ago, singing Touch My Body. That was brilliant to see her live, and so close, and see her being interviewed. I also went to see her switch on the lights at Westfield a few years ago too. But I've never been to a concert of hers, I'd so love to. She'll always be one of my all-time favourite singers, a real icon! :)
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is touring Australia in January. I'm going to see her in Sydney.:)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Great stuff! I love Mariah and she's sounding really great at the moment. Damn, I wish she'd do a tour and come to the UK. I've never seen her live. Well not a whole concert anyway. I was 10 feet from her in the audience when she was on Paul O'Grady's show a few years ago, singing Touch My Body. That was brilliant to see her live, and so close, and see her being interviewed. I also went to see her switch on the lights at Westfield a few years ago too. But I've never been to a concert of hers, I'd so love to. She'll always be one of my all-time favourite singers, a real icon! :)

I also went to see her switch on the lights at Westfield and got to meet her and she signed an album cover for me. She was so lovely and sweet. Her voice is in great shape at the moment. You can never rule Mariah out vocally. Look at how her voice was during the rainbow era and then it came back strong in the chrambracelet era.
  • flyonthetableflyonthetable Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I'm so exited for next year! These vocals and a new album, wow!