Contract advice re new phone

maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been with vodafone for many years and have just 'upgraded' to a new phone.... I initially wanted a phone that I had been waiting for for months but the guy in the shop convinced me that one of the other new phones was much better and I stupidly agreed.

Anyway this other phone has a few niggles but the main one is that I have no signal on it at work.... What are the chances of me being able to change it due to this? Surely it isn't fit for purpose??

I have been trying to get on with it outside of work and just using my old phone when at work but this is beginning to really irritate now?

Any opinions or ideas please before I phone them??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maxsi wrote: »
    I have been with vodafone for many years and have just 'upgraded' to a new phone.... I initially wanted a phone that I had been waiting for for months but the guy in the shop convinced me that one of the other new phones was much better and I stupidly agreed.

Anyway this other phone has a few niggles but the main one is that I have no signal on it at work.... What are the chances of me being able to change it due to this? Surely it isn't fit for purpose??

I have been trying to get on with it outside of work and just using my old phone when at work but this is beginning to really irritate now?

Any opinions or ideas please before I phone them??

Call them, state to them that you know your rights and as you said, say it isn't fit for purpose, and if you need to threaten about cancelling (Although you are in contract).

Just don't get angry with them as they will not help you iff you do!

Post back as I would be interested to see what they say!

Sylvia-Bounty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hi maxsi,

I'm disappointed to hear that you're having trouble with your new phone.

I'm afraid that you wouldn't be able to cancel your contract under the grounds of the handset not being fit for purpose in this situation. As you're able to get coverage in other areas.

You do mention that you have other issues with the phone at the moment, if you could let me know what these are I will be more than happy to look into them for you and help you further.

You can contact me via -

Web Relations Team - Vodafone UK

(When contacting, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line. In the main message body, please include a link to this thread and your user name.)

Once I've received your email, I will get back to you as soon as possible to assist you further with this.

Alternatively, if you have had the phone for less than seven days and it was ordered over the phone or online you can return the handset if you are not happy with it.

Thanks,

Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi maxsi,

I'm disappointed to hear that you're having trouble with your new phone.

I'm afraid that you wouldn't be able to cancel your contract under the grounds of the handset not being fit for purpose in this situation. As you're able to get coverage in other areas.

You do mention that you have other issues with the phone at the moment, if you could let me know what these are I will be more than happy to look into them for you and help you further.

You can contact me via -

Web Relations Team - Vodafone UK

(When contacting, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line. In the main message body, please include a link to this thread and your user name.)

Once I've received your email, I will get back to you as soon as possible to assist you further with this.

Alternatively, if you have had the phone for less than seven days and it was ordered over the phone or online you can return the handset if you are not happy with it.

Thanks,

Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK

Thanks.. I have just emailed....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well I am stuck with a phone I dont want so now dont know what Im going to do.. Suppose I will sell it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maxsi wrote: »
    Oh well I am stuck with a phone I dont want so now dont know what Im going to do.. Suppose I will sell it!

What did Vodafone say? No doubt, "It's not our fault you can't get a signal at work" <<<<<<<<<< (In other words of course! :D!)!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Vodafone say? No doubt, "It's not our fault you can't get a signal at work" <<<<<<<<<< (In other words of course! :D!)!

Yep.....