Vodafone Contract

musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there any way I can get out of my 18month contract which finishes in December and get a SIM only contract from them instead?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, i'm sure after 9 months you can start reducing the tariff down by £5 per month so once it's one of the lowest tariffs you can pay off what's left of the contract.

Hope that helps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    You cannot downgrade your price plan is you have YPL or
    'Your Plan'.

You have agreed a contract with Vodafone and in order to change your tariff to SIM only, you will need to pay off the remaining months line rental with a 25% discount for early termination, minus VAT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any way I can get out of my 18month contract which finishes in December and get a SIM only contract from them instead?

Of course there is. Just cancel the direct debit with your bank & face the consequences... the clue is in the name of the agreement - a contract :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course there is. Just cancel the direct debit with your bank & face the consequences... the clue is in the name of the agreement - a contract :rolleyes:

Then Vodafone will stop you having ANY SERVICE at all and will send debt collectors after you and you will have a very black mark on your credit report. Hardly the right thing to do.
    Forum Member

The OP is in a legally binding contract with Vodafone and cannot get out of the contract without paying any remaining charges.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    legally you haven't got a leg to stand on. but there would be no harm in asking them.

if they wont cancel then they may be able to do something.

a mate of mine was with Three, he just moved to an area where they have no coverage. they let him go.
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    legally you haven't got a leg to stand on. but there would be no harm in asking them.

a mate of mine was with Three, he just moved to an area where they have no coverage. they let him go.

There is no reason for Vodafone to cancel an outstanding agreement.

The OP wants to change to SIM only, most likely 30 day, so that it can be cancelled at one months notice.

Thats what a contract is for, to protect the company as well as the customer.
  • robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wit tank wrote: »
    Then Vodafone will stop you having ANY SERVICE at all and will send debt collectors after you and you will have a very black mark on your credit report. Hardly the right thing to do.
    AnnS wrote: »
    The OP is in a legally binding contract with Vodafone and cannot get out of the contract without paying any remaining charges.

I think it is possible that some posters sarcasm detectors failed this morning ;)
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »

AnnS wrote: »
    There is no reason for Vodafone to cancel an outstanding agreement.

The OP wants to change to SIM only, most likely 30 day, so that it can be cancelled at one months notice.

Thats what a contract is for, to protect the company as well as the customer.

Thanks AnnS, i think i said that didn't i?

There is no harm in asking.

There is plenty of reason for vodafone to cancel the contract. say the OP has lost his job, can't afford to pay them, or whatever, a million different things of which you and i are not aware, do you think vodafone would rather have all of some money or none of some more money...?

there's nothing to be gained by making a customer un happy either.

i actually think i covered all this when i said ' legally you haven't got a leg to stand on. but there would be no harm in asking them.' - if you disagree with any of what i said then feel free to explain.
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a simple thread turned into a bitch fest.....
    Thanks for your replies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well a simple thread turned into a bitch fest.....
    Thanks for your replies.

Well it's a bit of a daft question isn't it.

You commit yourself, the network gives you a better deal. That's the whole point of a legally binding mobile phone contract.
    Forum Member
    Hi there flagpole,

Now, why would you ever have through I would be disagreeing with you.

Of course there is no harm in asking Vodafone, I am sure they will be delighted to offer assistance and cancel the remaining six months or whatever of the contract without penalty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I'm afraid that it's unlikely that we could change you over to a SIM-Only plan as your contract is still running until December this year.

If you would like to discuss this further with us, then please feel free to contact us via - Web Relations Team - Vodafone UK

(When contacting, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line. In the main message body, please include a link to this thread and your user name.)

We will be more than happy to discuss your options with you.

Thanks,

Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK