Options

Installation fees

Hi,

I recently got a Tiscali phone line and broadband connection at my apartment. As I just moved in, I asked Tiscali to setup the phone line and I was charged £99 for this. I had asked Tiscali to sign me up for Tiscali TV as well but the customer rep (very helpful BTW) said that this would need to be done a few weeks after the broadband was activated.

Now, will I be charged a £99 charge for the TV install again? I feel this is unfair given that I did ask for this right at the start.

Thanks
PC

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't think so,if you asked for the tripleplay package when you first ordered and Tiscali can't do the TV install for "a few weeks" then the agreed £99 is for the complete install even if it needs 2 visits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi,

If you have already ordered the TV package then you would not be billed an istallation fee again,

Regards

Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Chris,

I asked for the TV package when I initially signed up but the customer rep specifically asked me to call 2-3 weeks after the broadband / phone install to order the TV. I just want to be sure that when I call them I won't be asked to pay the 99 pounds.

PC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok - I'll be calling Tiscali tomorrow for the TV install. I hope I won't be asked for the 99 pounds but I will keep you updated.

PC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very bummed. I called Tiscali today, and even though the sales / upgrade rep was very polite - he said my line / broadband speed qualified for their TV service, Tiscali would charge me again for my TV install. Not sure if this is correct but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
    PC
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I've PM'd you back in response to this issue - if you were already billed £99 then you would not be billed again, if you only ordered Talk and Broadband than that would be a different matter as it would be treated as an upgrade to an already existing account,