Ebay Item

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
Do you think this item will go for a huge ammount of money? as it has 21 watchers and 1 bid. I think the problem is the picture - I couldn't find my digital camera so used a camera phone - Only found it last week

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230697984681?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i think you'll be fine. there are people who buy this stuff all day long and will buy it if the price is right. people like the guys that sell cheap systems.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    Do you think this item will go for a huge ammount of money? as it has 21 watchers and 1 bid. I think the problem is the picture - I couldn't find my digital camera so used a camera phone - Only found it last week

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230697984681?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
    Craig, you have put your email address in the listing. That is so stupid! :eek:
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will sell, my guess is around £50 to £70 mark. I guess we will find out in a few days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    The postage charge would put me off.
    I could get it door to door for less than that.:confused:
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psteel wrote: »

What do you mean that you could get it door to door for that amount ?
    Forum Member
    I would ask you to allow me to arrange my own postage.

I would then go to Parcel2Go.com and arrange collection from your address and delivery to my address.

The cost would be less than your postage charge.

The service would be door to door.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i think most people consider the postage cost in with the item cost.

i couldn't care less when i buy something if the postage is free or whatever.
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    i think most people consider the postage cost in with the item cost.

i couldn't care less when i buy something if the postage is free or whatever.

Well I do as well.

However for the size and weight of the package it seems excessive, even by Royal Mail prices.? Perhaps I am wrong.?

I know I have managed to get a motorcycle seat on Ebay for less postage than that, and that is far bigger and weighs a hell of a lot more.:)
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    psteel wrote: »

That amount of postage would severely limit what my top bid would be.

I recall that in another thread some time ago this member said something along the lines of charging a standard £10 for large items and £5 for small ones i.e. not basing P&P on actual costs.
    Forum Member
    Cruachan wrote: »
    That amount of postage would severely limit what my top bid would be.

I recall that in another thread some time ago this member said something along the lines of charging a standard £10 for large items and £5 for small ones i.e. not basing P&P on actual costs.

I'm not knocking what the o/p wishes to charge, merely commenting on the possible fact it might limit the potential buyers.

I recently bought an item locally for a member from another forum because though the small item was £5.99, the store wanted £7.99 postage. It cost me £0.92 when I sent it to him.:)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »

If there's a group of people wanting it, a bidding war will be created. This is when the price starts climbing rapidly. The image is way too small though, it should be quite a bit bigger. That's just my opinion though.

Edit: Have just seen that you could only use your camera phone to take this picture. That might explain the tiny image.

Edit 2: £11 to send it! :eek: Flaming heck!
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    At the time of listing I was unable to find my camera sowill the small immage affect my sale bearing in mind it has 26 watchers?

The postage is high due to postage and this is what I was quoted plus insurance
  • dslrocksdslrocks Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Craig, you have put your email address in the listing. That is so stupid! :eek:
    How is it so stupid? :confused: Perhaps he just finds it more easier for people to email questions, and after all, it might just be a throwaway address.

Yeah, the photo's not great - I would find your camera and update the listing with some decent photos as I would probably email you and ask for more photos.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how much a VCR would be to post in the UK as I have it at £10 but its quite large?

how ever I do have buyer can pick up as well.
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how much a VCR would be to post in the UK as I have it at £10 but its quite large?

What a strange thread to chose in which to post such an enquiry.

Can you not weigh the VCR and check postage costs on the Royal Mail and courier services websites?
  • stevensdrsstevensdrs Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A quick answer. £15.00 covers it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dslrocks wrote: »
    How is it so stupid? :confused: Perhaps he just finds it more easier for people to email questions, and after all, it might just be a throwaway address.
    Trust me, he hasn't. Putting your email address in a listing means you're likely to get loads of spam, and/or get scammers asking you to deal outside of eBay.

If someone wants to send you an email they just click 'Contact seller'.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    It has to be cheap, its old slow and a risk. People who build custom buy new fast components, those who buy used buy cheap, you can get entire dell desktops for next to nothing from ebay, so many off lease or whatever from corporate use, market is flooded with em...dual core pentium whatever minimum these days.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevensdrs wrote: »
    A quick answer. £15.00 covers it.

Thanks

I posting in here to save starting another ebay thread.
    Forum Member
    I got £52.00 + postage of £11.00 = £62.00
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose they must have been in real need for it then.
    Forum Member
    Yes but can I say did my picture let me down?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    It will sell, my guess is around £50 to £70 mark. I guess we will find out in a few days

You were right!

What difference does the picture make now?
    Forum Member
    I know it doesn't make a difference now but IF I had a better one would it have got more bids?