Options

Halo 4

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got around to finishing Halo 3 after all these years now onto Halo 4.
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    I hope you didn't pay full price for it, because it's a massive pile of shit.

In a time of so many credible games companies going under, 343i are a disgrace to the business. I hope they held their heads down when they went up to collect all their many awards, which Microsoft probably bought.

I paid £25:D
    I'm going to trade/sell it, it's lost its appeal now.
  • Options
    deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    when someone presents their opinion as fact

Never said it was fact, it was always my opinion, and for reasons why I think it's shit I've mentioned in previous posts.
    In this case I genuinely think you're talking utter nonsense so I stand by my previous post.

And even though it's my opinion, a quick google search will show results by dozens of players that have similar feelings about the game and the company.
    Steve35 wrote: »
    I paid £25:D
    I'm going to trade/sell it, it's lost its appeal now.

After just a week?! but... but...
    343i made a great game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    deano0501 wrote: »
    And even though it's my opinion, a quick google search will show results by dozens of players that have similar feelings about the game and the company.

And a similar search for positive opinions would likely find a similar, if not larger, result of people who are more than happy with the game. See, I can use Google as a pointless arguing tool too...I'd actually wager that theres more people happy with the game than there is those who are displeased with the game, it's just that the people who are happy with it don't feel the need to comment on the cess pool of negativity that is the Internet...

I honestly don't get why people would hate 343i, if you'd put Halo 4 and one of the Bungie games down in front of me, I'd have a hard time telling them apart, and that's coming from a long time Halo fan. Personally I enjoyed 4 more than Reach.
  • Options
    BritBrit Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else had trouble playing Spartan Ops or War games tonight? It's saying "the halo 4 server is not available at this time".

I've seen this error message a few times now, I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues before or is it just me? :)
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Brit wrote: »
    Has anyone else had trouble playing Spartan Ops or War games tonight? It's saying "the halo 4 server is not available at this time".

I've seen this error message a few times now, I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues before or is it just me? :)

I was looking on Twitter to see of any other people had the cloud storage problem that I have & people are reporting a Halo 4 server problem too

http://n4g.com/news/1179378/xbox-live-having-issues-with-cloud-storage?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SpaceGaming+%28Space+Gaming%29
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still prefer Halo Reach over this....the lobby loading times are really slow.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Reach online aswell, I just can't get into the gunplay on this one, don't know what it is about it that isn't hitting with me.

The lobbies are definitely slow and I don't like the cluttered, busy look of all the MP screens.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just started playing this after getting it for Christmas. Great fun, almost like the original but better graphics (in fact quite beautiful in places), but I'm having trouble with the save function.
    I'm playing solo campaign, BTW.
    I've landed on the planet and passed several checkpoints and activated the Cartographer, where I 'saved and quitted'.
    Blow me, when I started playing again, it's plonked me miles back and I've had to play it again! Now I'm scared of saving and quitting, just in case it does it again.....
    Also, there seem to be two (different?) types of 'continue mission' buttons. Very confusing for an old school gamer...
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bumped

Just finished this in 5 hours 48 mins. Probably the fastest I've ever finished a game. On the plus side it looks lovely, but it was a little repetative and dull. And did anyone notice that it had a real MDK look about it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I'm quite new to playing Halo 4 online and would like to know if all the different armour types (Soldier, Recruit, Warrior, etc) offer the player different types of protection or shielding, or are they all the same apart from their look and name?

The reason I ask the above question is because I have found that many other players seem to take 4-5 shots with a DMR or Light Rifle (even head shots!) before being killed, but the shielding on the armour I use is knocked out after 1 or 2 shots with a basic DMR or Assault Rifle!

As some players score 25+ kills with only about 8 deaths I'm fairly sure there is some cheating going on somewhere, LOL!

And what's the point in mowing gamers down with Warthogs, or Ghosts, or blowing them up with a Scorpion Tank, Mantis or Banshee? No skill required for that!!!

:D