Eastenders- time to give the jacksons a happy ending?

Comments

• Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    Meh, sorry but the butchers died with frank. He was the lynchpin. I certainly don't connect them with Janine; and Liam had virtually no real interaction with frank - so I don't see him representing them in any real way.

I was going to post the exact same thing. The Butchers ended when Frank left for the last time.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam is related to most of the square... or was
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to this whole 'telling a child they're to be axed', this is why I believe you must tread so so carefully.

A child actor should NOT be cast unless they truly show an understanding of what they are entering in to. Babies are different, they haven't really got much idea of what is going on. But a child actor is another story.

I think this could easily explain WHY actors/actresses who are older than the characters they play are sometimes cast.

Just my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, sorry but the butchers died with frank. He was the lynchpin. I certainly don't connect them with Janine; and Liam had virtually no real interaction with frank - so I don't see him representing them in any real way.

The Butchers didn't die with Frank. He has children offscreen who could return at any time and a daughter, grandson and granddaughters still in the square. I would argue that Janine will become the new lynchpin as the younger ones grow up. Especially as Liam and Tiffany have an absent father and a mother who is immature and unstable. Liam and Tiffany do have a connection with Janine. Aside from her daughter they are the only blood relatives she has left on the square. Liam and Janine have always been close. Tiffany's relationship with Janine is contentious but she is young and her view of Janine has been coloured by Bianca and Pat. However, Janine continues to make an effort with her. The connection is likely to deepen as Liam and Tiffany get older, their characters undergo more development and Bianca has less control over Janine's ability to see them.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Butchers lost their gravitas as a family when Frank went. He was the glue that held them together and made them appear important. Without him they're not much to write home about. Janine is always more interesting as a standalone character.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When have Liam and Janine been close???
    I want the writers to concentrate on Janine new family (Michael and Scarlett).
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    The Butchers didn't die with Frank. He has children offscreen who could return at any time and a daughter, grandson and granddaughters still in the square. I would argue that Janine will become the new lynchpin as the younger ones grow up. Especially as Liam and Tiffany have an absent father and a mother who is immature and unstable. Liam and Tiffany do have a connection with Janine. Aside from her daughter they are the only blood relatives she has left on the square. Liam and Janine have always been close. Tiffany's relationship with Janine is contentious but she is young and her view of Janine has been coloured by Bianca and Pat. However, Janine continues to make an effort with her. The connection is likely to deepen as Liam and Tiffany get older, their characters undergo more development and Bianca has less control over Janine's ability to see them.

Janine has done too many evil things to become the next Pat type of character
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

Most of the terrible things Janine has done have not been directed at her family. She doesn't have to be like Pat. Den was the leader of his family and he was no angel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »

I am fully aware of the offspring of frank butcher .... Twas not the point I was making.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am fully aware of the offspring of frank butcher .... Twas not the point I was making.

I believe the Butchers are one of those soap families capable of restructuring after the original lynchpin leaves or dies, especially when there's a strong remaining character like Janine. I realise that for some viewers Frank was the centre of the family and it won't be the same without him. I'll agree to disagree with you about the Butchers.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »

Pat was brought in as a bitch back in the 80s. She was a ex working girl who was a complete bitch to everyone. Sound like anyone you know?
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Its just my opinion about the characters. Personally I think the characters have run their course, however maybe if they get decent SLs my opinion might change, it just seems that the writers can't think of anything else for Bianca and have run out of ideas so just give her the same SLs.

Obviously it will be difficult, but you can't just keep actors just because if you axe them they'll get upset.
    If EE hadnt axed Charlie (original Ben) we'd have never had joshua as Ben.
    Well couldn't you give them a chanve if you ever become Executive producer and give Bianca a good storyline and give Liam a storyline?
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that gets Bianca off my screen would be great. Not bothered if the kids go to, the only one I don't mind is Liam.

Janine is better kept seperate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything that gets Bianca off my screen would be great. Not bothered if the kids go to, the only one I don't mind is Liam.

Janine is better kept seperate.

Janine shouldn't be kept away from Liam and Tiffany they are her nephew and niece
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine shouldn't be kept away from Liam and Tiffany they are her nephew and niece

And? They don't improve her character. Alice is Max's niece, how many scenes have they had together?

Get rid, Janine works well with Michael/Scarlett and can be bitchy to anyone really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And? They don't improve her character. Alice is Max's niece, how many scenes have they had together?

Get rid, Janine works well with Michael/Scarlett and can be bitchy to anyone really.

No well Janine can't never have scenes with Liam and Tiffany it would be unrealistic if they never have scenes together since Janie is Liam and Tiffany's aunty so they would have to have a few scenes together its like if Max and Tanya split up and they don't ever have scenes together it would be unrealistic for them since they were married and have children together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No well Janine can't never have scenes with Liam and Tiffany it would be unrealistic if they never have scenes together since Janie is Liam and Tiffany's aunty so they would have to have a few scenes together its like if Max and Tanya split up and they don't ever have scenes together it would be unrealistic for them since they were married and have children together

Married and being related are two different things. How often do you see Max with Amy, he's her Uncle. Not unrealistic, when has Janine ever cared about them? The only ones she likes out of that family are/were Pat & Ricky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, when Janine returns the writers should concentrate on her relationship with Michael and Scarlett.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Married and being related are two different things. How often do you see Max with Amy, he's her Uncle. Not unrealistic, when has Janine ever cared about them? The only ones she likes out of that family are/were Pat & Ricky.

Well Janine will need to have a few scenes with Liam and Tiffany maybe at Christmas and on Tiffany's birthday and once a month maybe or once every few months
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, when Janine returns the writers should concentrate on her relationship with Michael and Scarlett.

It's much more interesting IMO. Seeing Janine so vunerable etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Janine will need to have a few scenes with Liam and Tiffany maybe at Christmas and on Tiffany's birthday and once a month maybe or once every few months

No they don't. As I've just pointed out in my earlier posts. Janine works better away from them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree, its better to watch than her talking to Liam or Tiffany. I can't wait for her to return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, its better to watch than her talking to Liam or Tiffany. I can't wait for her to return.

Me either! I hope she doesn't lose her bitchy side though, that's what I love about her :D She's one of my all time favourite characters, when I think about it. So many layers to her, and different relationships with Pat, Ricky, Frank have been done well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well couldn't you give them a chanve if you ever become Executive producer and give Bianca a good storyline and give Liam a storyline?

No, the writers obviously have run out of ideas so just keep giving her the same SL. I never missed Bianca and the kids when they left and I would axe them but keep Carol and bring back David.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So Charlie can't ever have a scene with Maisie and James is that what you are saying? Can't they have at least two, three ot four scenes together in a year? Scarlett is Tiffany and Liam's cousin so they will have scenes once a while with Janine and see Scarlett you expect them to have no contact with Janine and Scarlett then. Do you think maybe scenes between them once a while like with Max and Alice since they will always have a few scenes together in a year?