Who do YOU look forward to watching each week?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Excuse me? :rolleyes:

One could say, Sam is another boring, dated and cruise ship singer we've had on in the past.

I don't get the whole "Sam B" thing either, not marketable, bland.

Don't insult Tamera just because others say they look forward to her performances. :rolleyes:

People just write Sam B so they can tell the difference between those saying Sam Callahan...It's not her marketed name.
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse me? :rolleyes:

One could say, Sam is another boring, dated and cruise ship singer we've had on in the past.

I don't get the whole "Sam B" thing either, not marketable, bland.

Don't insult Tamera just because others say they look forward to her performances. :rolleyes:

Erm excuse me

I'm entitled to dislike Tamera

I don't have to like her because she's young and full of attitude

And I won't be railroaded into allowing youth to completely take over the show

Sam bailey is superior in every single way to any contestant In the last 5 years

That is a FACT
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one tbh.

But if I had to pick then Rough Copy
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Erm excuse me

I'm entitled to dislike Tamera

I don't have to like her because she's young and full of attitude

And I won't be railroaded into allowing youth to completely take over the show

Sam bailey is superior in every single way to any contestant In the last 5 years

That is a FACT

And this is what I find fascinating. Really? Just because she belts out the classics in the exact same way as originals (actually she doesn't even do that, it's nearly always inferior) in an ordinary voice doesn't make her a brilliant singer. She's got no distinct style or sound. Many previous contestants have stronger vocal registers - Ella, Matt, Alex, Ruth, Laura, Misha B, Amelia, Stacey, Lucie could all easily do it while having some unique quality. Any one of these contestants could easily belt out my Heart Will Go On, they just chose to do something more contemporary because they've got more leverage with it to make it their own. It's hard to make a classic their own. Sam B has so far done copycat performances. I'm sorry but it's true.

Sam B hasn't made a single thing her own. She hasn't sung exceptionally either. It's got nothing to do with young or old. She's cabaret.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah and Abi.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary!
  • spacebardspacebard Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Rough Copy and Luke. I think they have the most potential and they also have a recognisable sense of style, which marks them out from the other contestants.

Sam B and Nicholas are probably the best singers, but they don't have the 'X'.
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And this is what I find fascinating. Really? Just because she belts out the classics in the exact same way as originals (actually she doesn't even do that, it's nearly always inferior) in an ordinary voice doesn't make her a brilliant singer. She's got no distinct style or sound. Many previous contestants have stronger vocal registers - Ella, Matt, Alex, Ruth, Laura, Misha B, Amelia, Stacey, Lucie could all easily do it while having some unique quality. Any one of these contestants could easily belt out my Heart Will Go On, they just chose to do something more contemporary because they've got more leverage with it to make it their own. It's hard to make a classic their own. Sam B has so far done copycat performances. I'm sorry but it's true.Y

Sam B hasn't made a single thing her own. She hasn't sung exceptionally either. It's got nothing to do with young or old. She's cabaret.

Sorry but I find this complete rubbish

You obviously jut dont like the style of music

She's been exceptional

That's why she frequently tops the polls and the voting

But to rubbish her extraordinarily beautiful voice because your not a fan of the style is a poor move
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, and as much as I like Sam B, we have no idea if that's true.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I find this complete rubbish

You obviously jut dont like the style of music

She's been exceptional

But to rubbish her extraordinarily beautiful voice because your not a fan of the style is a poor move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHMTM78Bsc ;)

Sam Bailey is wonderful but she is not the Messiah of the Over 25s as you keep portraying.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera and Hannah by far but I don't mind Rough Copy, Luke and Sam B
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Kingsland, because they're fun and fill the stage, and, to a lesser degree, Rough Copy and Sam B.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tillymint82 I agree with all you've said about Sam Bailey. Her first audition was outstanding and I was gobsmacked. She's come on the show each week and knocked each performance out of the ball-park. The audience reaction is testament to that. I also agree that Tamera is very ordinary. They are plugging her because they think in 2/3 years she'll be the next Rita Ora (and they can manipulate her more being so young) and they can sell that 'image' easily in all the photo-shoots/videos but I honestly wouldn't notice if she was on the show or not. Her voice is nothing too special. I am surprisingly enjoying Luke's singing because he's like a cute breath of fresh air and he doesn't know how good he can be yet - so I hope he's in the Final with Sam B!
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to posting about it on DS afterwards.

I'm not hugely excited about any of the singers yet, but I live in hope.....
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is what I find fascinating. Really? Just because she belts out the classics in the exact same way as originals (actually she doesn't even do that, it's nearly always inferior) in an ordinary voice doesn't make her a brilliant singer. She's got no distinct style or sound. Many previous contestants have stronger vocal registers - Ella, Matt, Alex, Ruth, Laura, Misha B, Amelia, Stacey, Lucie could all easily do it while having some unique quality. Any one of these contestants could easily belt out my Heart Will Go On, they just chose to do something more contemporary because they've got more leverage with it to make it their own. It's hard to make a classic their own. Sam B has so far done copycat performances. I'm sorry but it's true.

Sam's last song was from the late 90s - that's pretty darn contemporary. Not that it matters as she really does have a fabulous voice. Try listening without the prejudice.
  • crinolinecrinoline Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Hannah and Luke.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it has to be luke and Tamera :)
  • steg1988steg1988 Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    Hannah because she is like a seasoned pro and it feels good to watch a performer and not be worried about them messing up! The same applies to Sam B. Tamera I enjoy too, but she surprises me each week.

Least look forward to Nicholas, Abi and Sam C.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicholas (great voice),

Luke (may win more people over now he's made friends with the shampoo):D

Rough Copy, as they aren't a typical boy band

Sam B is good, but to me she's like Nicki Evans II (with a stronger voice)

Abi for the car crash factor :o
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look forward to all of them except Abi. I feel uncomfortable about her because she feels uncomfortable about performing. It's not that she's dreadful, it's that she's aware she's dreadful and is literally full of dread before the judges' comments
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Who do you look forward to each week.

For me the only contestant that matters is Sam Bailey.

i haven't enjoyed X Factor properly for about 5 years. Id lost hope that wed never get another world class singer ever again.

But she is is on another level.

Me and my partner get absolute chills when she belts out those songs.

She is technically perfect, pitch and tone are unreal and she really touches my soul with her voice.

I literally cannot wait to see her sing each week.

Also her support this year is amazing. She's knocking the competition to floor and for those writing her off as loser fodder they need to think again.

Theres a very different aura surrounding this girl. She has winner written all over her.

Sam Bailey for me. I nearly stopped watching the X Factor this year after never missing a single episode since it began.

Sam has kept me watching. A real singer. A stand alone singer who needs no flummery on stage in the form of backing singers and hoards of silly prancing and distracting dancers.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tamera, Rough Copy and Nicky I dont mind Luke now either. Oh and Dermot :D
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke because he is the best act
    Kingsland Road because they are the most fun act left

Can't really say I like anyone else.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised so many watch the show when they claim to find such poor entertainment there. I like most of the acts. As I've said, I feel any of the acts left might put in a good performance; it's just less likely with some. If it got down to my only barely looking forward to watching two or three acts I would stop watching - that happened about halfway through last year. And I stopped after MB left the year before.
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsland Road (by far the most entertaining & likeable)
    Nicholas
    Luke
    Sam C