Options

The Big Strictly Mentor Game (Sign-up Thread)

AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
Forum Member
✭✭
I tried this before, but hopefully it will work this time.

How The Game Works
So basically, four mentors are randomly given three contestants each (I'm looking for a maximum of twelve contestants) and the mentors give their contestants songs to perform to but the contestants still have to provide costumes and in a few of the weeks the storyline. But the different thing about this series is that every week each contestant swaps mentor. I will use random.org to choose their mentor. Mentors also act as judges; they'll score every contestant's (except for the one's they mentor) performances.

Big Twist Week
I am planning a week called 'Big Twist Week' where lots of things are changed. Contestants swap professional partners, but most importantly, one eliminated contestant swaps places in the competition with an existing contestant. How I'll do this is you'll rank all the eliminated contestants and the one with the most points will return, and the couple with the lowest combined judges scores and viewer votes from the week before will be eliminated (after their dance). There will be no elimination the week before this happens, but you'll still vote to decide the swapped couple.

And, finally, here is the themed weeks if the series works out (Pay Close Attention, some vital details of the series are in this):

Week 1: (12 Contestants): Mentor Elimination Week: In this week, all the mentors will have to eliminate one of their own contestants. There will be no vote this week.
Week 2: (8 Contestants): Summer Week: All contestants swap mentors and have to dance a summer themed routine.
Week 3: (7 Contestants): Eurovision Week: Again, the contestants swap mentors and dance to a song from a Eurovision song contest. No Elimination due to big twist week, but you can still vote.
Week 4: (7 Contestants): Big Twist Week: All contestants swap professional partners and have to provide a Training description. And as usual, they swap mentors. No themed dances. There's no vote to save a couple, as no one will be eliminated due to the circumstances of the week. You can vote for one of the five couples eliminated to stay. As there was vote but no elimination last week, the couple with the lowest combined total of judges/mentors scores and votes from last week is eliminated, while the eliminated couple with the highest total points in the previous vote joins.
Week 5: (7 Contestants): Sci-Fi Week: All contestants swap mentors as usual, and dance to a sci-fi themed song.
Week 6: (6 Contestants): Double Elimination/Movie Week: After swapping mentors as usual, the contestants dance to a song from a movie. This week, two are eliminated instead of one.
Week 7: (4 Contestants): Self Choice Week (Two Dances): This week, there are no mentors. The contestants decide everything except the dances they are doing. This means that every mentor gets a chance to comment and score. The contestants have to do two dances.
Week 8: (3 Contestants): Final (Two/Three Dances): For the final, the contestants go back to swapping mentors as usual. They dance a mentor's choice performance, where their mentor for the week chooses a dance, a showdance and a favourite dance. One contestant won't get to the do the favourite dance (they'll be eliminated in third place.)

Any questions, just ask.

Contestants

Mentors/Judges

Comments