Options

First Christmas Tree up 2015

a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen a tree up in a house near me, was passing by and its chearly set up in their window.
what are they on its $%&&*@ september

Comments

• Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    It's been there since last Christmas.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been there since last Christmas.

They could have been dead since last Christmas..,, but no family or frreinds
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Ours will go up 1st November this year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

November, Nice and early. You like Christmas then ebs?
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    tree will go up sometime in December, not a big fan of christmas but my parents like it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    November, Nice and early. You like Christmas then ebs?

Yep, love Christmas

Do you like it?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some people are crazy.
    Thankfully not one will go up in this house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, love Christmas

Do you like it?

I like it for getting to spend time with family.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seemed to be rather a lot of people Christmas shopping in my local Costco this afternoon when I visited it. Lots of choccy bauballs for the tree seemed to be in trolleys for one. It was still August at the start of this week, what is the matter with some people, they could be dust before the clocks go back, never mind the festive season.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well don't turn the lights on. It'll add to the heat and you'll still be moaning it's too bloody hot.
    Bloody ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Well don't turn the lights on. It'll add to the heat and you'll still be moaning it's too bloody hot.

It's not hot in here in the autumn/winter
    Bloody ridiculous.

That we are putting our tree up in November?
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not hot in here in the autumn/winter

That we are putting our tree up in November?

Well what do you think?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous to put a tree up so early, but then with the christmas shopping period slowly beginning to roll out in the shops as well, i suppose some people can't wait.

i haven't had anything close to decorations up in over thirty years :)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a new tree this year. I won't be buying it til December....
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Our local co-op was putting Father Christmas chocolates on the shelves yesterday.
    Bloody stupid...

Christmas should only start at the beginning of December at the earliest!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    Our local co-op was putting Father Christmas chocolates on the shelves yesterday.
    Bloody stupid...

Christmas should only start at the beginning of December at the earliest!

I was putting halloween stock out two days ago. The christmas stock is In the back...
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with shopping as early as September.. I've started getting some things and have ore ordered some XB1 games for the boys but this year shall be easy . TV for the oldest, iPhone C for the youngest so that will be sorted in November...

But anybody who puts a tree up before Dec 1st clearly has mental issues...

That reminds me .. I need a tree this year .
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    QUOTE=EbonyHamster;79506202]It's not hot in here in the autumn/winter

Well I call 67f /19c hot that is what you said your flat is in winter

That we are putting our tree up in November?[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It could be that someone in the family is going away maybe in the armed forces so won't be back until after Christmas so are having their Christmas now I know someone who used to do that.

My Brother is playing Christmas music now as to him there is only two times of the year Summer and Christmas now he knows Summer is over and he's not going to the beach ect to him Christmas is on it's way.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be that someone in the family is going away maybe in the armed forces so won't be back until after Christmas so are having their Christmas now I know someone who used to do that.

My Brother is playing Christmas music now as to him there is only two times of the year Summer and Christmas now he knows Summer is over and he's not going to the beach ect to him Christmas is on it's way.

Right.. How about Halloween ?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was putting halloween stock out two days ago. The christmas stock is In the back...

No Christmas stuff at work yet, we got gift health and beauty gift sets, but they are year round thing really. Our warehouse is not that big, so it will be a while before we get much christmas stock in, not untiul we get a container to put it in.

Halloween we got, not much, but a little bit, we will get more in soon. Fireworks is the next thing, a pain in the backside, I thought the government would have banned them by now.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    He would drive me nuts

Mr Christmas

Andy Park has eaten 135,000 sprouts, 107,000 mince pies and drank 6,000 bottles of champagne since 1994.[3] He plans to marry the holiday decoration because he is completely obsessed with all things relating to Christmas.[4] Over the years he has sent himself more than 235,500 Christmas cards.[5]

In 2001, it was estimated that since he started celebrating he had got through 30 artificial Christmas trees, 10,000 m of tinsel and 10,000 balloons, at a (then) estimated cost of £100,000. In 2005, he released a single entitled "It's Christmas Every Day", with a video featuring Mike Read and produced by Andy Whitmore. There were suggestions in the media that much of the information released by Mr Park was false, and simply to attract publicity for the single:

He claims that each day he eats breakfast (turkey sandwich and mince pies), then goes to work, until returning around at lunchtime to eat a full roast turkey dinner before watching a recording of the Queen's Christmas speech, sherry in hand. In 2006, it was reported that the Queen had politely declined an invitation to broadcast her speech from his house.

In an interview published in 2006, Mr. Park was quoted as saying that, over the previous 13 years, he had consumed 4,380 turkeys (one a day), 87,600 mince pies (20 a day), 2,190 pints of gravy (half a pint a day), 26,280 roast potatoes (six a day), 30,660 stuffing balls, 219,000 mushy peas, 4,380 bottles of champagne, 4,380 bottles of sherry and 5,000 bottles of wine. However, in 2001, he was warned by his doctor that the diet was affecting his health after his weight increased to 19 stone (270 lb; 120 kg).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Park_(Mr._Christmas)#In_the_media
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Right.. How about Halloween ?

We don't really go nuts over Halloween in the UK not like the US anyway.

I love it it's my 2nd favourite time of year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Well what do you think?

I dine think it's ridiculous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't really go nuts over Halloween in the UK not like the US anyway.

I love it it's my 2nd favourite time of year.

Halloween is the time I have make excuses why I can go to my ex's Halloween Party.

She thinks she's the queen of Halloween, but her parties are shit.

Everyone sat in a circle in the attic of her mothers house, smoking pot in the dark. Listening to shit punk and metal bands and drinking milk-shake based cocktails.

There usually a good spread. but, other then that I find them rather depressing....