Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 50)

Comments

• Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    X Factor Arabia Promo featuring Leona
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKWCv2FKpvw

So she knew about it quite a few months before it happened! :)
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Body shop in sheffield just gave me all there Leona posters lol woop
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this fourth album is going to be a Christmas album. The fact Leona specifically said it would be released at Christmas (rather than 'later in the year') and the fact somebody tweeted about working in a choir for a Christmas song for her, it just seems to add up to a Christmas album. There's a way to get Leona back to the top but I don't think a Christmas album is the way to do that. To be honest I think it would make her look desperate, because the fourth album is make or break, and I think releasing a Christmas album off the back of the inevitable X Factor performance would kill her credibility.

Leona needs to bring new material, fresh songs that appeal to the masses. If she goes back in the studio next month that gives her 6 months to put together a great album, more than enough time considering she has loads of amazing leftovers from previous albums which could easily be re-worked and updated as well as new songs.

With regards to her performances yesterday, I was a tad disappointed! I expected her to sound amazing because she always does during and after her tours (I remember after Labyrinth she sang on Stand Up To Cancer in America and her belts were insanely good) but if anything her voice sounded a bit strained and over worked in my opinion. Her voice definitely isn't getting worse because she sounded powerful and angelic on tour, I'm just not sure why it never seems to sound that way on tv anymore...

I hope its not an xmas album and i dont think it wilk be. They cant be that stupid surely?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    I hope its not an xmas album and i dont think it wilk be. They cant be that stupid surely?

I don't think so either, the lady will tweet any news on the song next week :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this new album is as great as her debut. Her follows up have been dire.

While I don't necessarily agree I have seen many people outside of this thread say that Spirit is her best. I wonder how can she get those people interested again? That should be the aim I presume?
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    Body shop in sheffield just gave me all there Leona posters lol woop

So you can now paper a whole room (well, a small one anyway) with Leona posters!

It just goes to show what can happen if you ask nicely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    So you can now paper a whole room (well, a small one anyway) with Leona posters!

Im putting it up in my 50 shades style red room ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »

Who said he asked nicely? :cool: Knowing Cassie he probably entered the shop drunk smashing all the products to the ground, shouting 'LEONA IS DA QUEEN'.
    They just gave him the posters to get him outta there :cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Who said he asked nicely? :cool: Knowing Cassie he probably entered the shop drunk smashing all the products to the ground, shouting 'LEONA IS DA QUEEN'.
    They just gave him the posters to get him outta there :cool::D

Haha noo. I work in the same shopping centre once a month and asked them if i could have then once done. I gave them a nice donation to the teenage cancer trust for them :)

My drunken rebel days are long gone :(
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New X Factor interview :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9XGit5ucqw

DIVA...didn't want to sing a little bit of Over the rainbow! :mad: :D jk.

"such a bitch"...leona 4 album out december..btw it's not a typical leona behaviour...bahh
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skye.91 wrote: »
    I probably made the best remix of Glassheart.

Glassheart (Uplifting Trance Vocal Mix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7KVOHb28e8

Sounds really good, but it feels like it's off tune...
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only just managed to catch up with the performances from last night, and I am speechless.

Leona looked stunning first of all, loved her hair & outfits, yes make up was quite heavy but she looked so lovely. The staging was beautiful and so happy that the piano was brought out for Trouble.

Again BL was so good, loved the outfit and Leona was definitely feeling the love, did you spot her lovely smile when the audience was singing with her. I was really not expecting these performances to be as good as they were, everything was on point, Leona herself, the staging & the vocals. I am overwhelmed with it.

Love the news about the new album for Xmas. I don't think it will be an Xmas album as such, of course I would like that at some point, but not this year. Leona can complete the album in the timescale easily.

I really need to see these performances again, so stunning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a484645/leona-lewis-refuses-to-sing-in-awkward-xtra-factor-arabia-interview.html

Spanish_bun, Zack06 congrat! You're popular on DS now!!! :cool:

Anyway Leona totally slayed X Factor Arabia with her performances and that person who wrote that piece of crap picked this....What's wrong with them? :confused:
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a484645/leona-lewis-refuses-to-sing-in-awkward-xtra-factor-arabia-interview.html

Anyway Leona totally slayed X Factor Arabia with her performances and that person who wrote that piece of crap picked this....What's wrong with them? :confused:

LMAO. I think the article is a bit harsh, but then Leona should have handled that question better....reporters are going to pick up on things like this, especially with Leona as I thought it was really out of character for her to do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let's not forget Leona did sing a song in an interview :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCQJXsEmu8I
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they made an article out of it.
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they made an article out of it.

ahahah get that PROMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    LMAO. I think the article is a bit harsh, but then Leona should have handled that question better....reporters are going to pick up on things like this, especially with Leona as I thought it was really out of character for her to do that.

Look....I don't really blame Leona for this. Why?
    First of all the presenter could ask her before the interview if she did there would be no awkward situation like that. And sorry but asking her to sing something for 3-4 times??? A bit silly I think.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with them? :confused:

Where to start...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where to start...

Seriously though, you made an article out of that. Wasn't the bigger news that she said she's releasing an album in Christmas time?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though, you made an article out of that. Wasn't the bigger news that she said she's releasing an album in Christmas time?

It was my first choice and I'm still considering it, but it was already (sort of) reported in February: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a459324/leona-lewis-to-release-fourth-studio-album-at-the-end-of-2013.html
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    A salutary reminder that this is a public forum.:(
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look....I don't really blame Leona for this. Why?
    First of all the presenter could ask her before the interview if she did there would be no awkward situation like that. And sorry but asking her to sing something for 3-4 times??? A bit silly I think.

Yeah maybe she should have done that, but even so Leona IS a singer, there's no reason why she couldn't have sung a few lines. The presenter was only asking for something brief, and it just made Leona look bad the way she said "eek no".

If Leona had just said "I would love to but I need to rest my voice, I'm sorry" or something, then I don't think there would have been a problem, but it just came across like she couldn't be bothered, especially when the presenter was only asking for something really short.
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Yeah maybe she should have done that, but even so Leona IS a singer, there's no reason why she couldn't have sung a few lines. The presenter was only asking for something brief, and it just made Leona look bad the way she said "eek no".

If Leona had just said "I would love to but I need to rest my voice, I'm sorry" or something, then I don't think there would have been a problem, but it just came across like she couldn't be bothered, especially when the presenter was only asking for something really short.

She was wrong footed, I expect and probably froze. She is not always articulate under pressure. The interviewer was insensitive to her reactions and kept pressing. Probably because it is not her native language. This is being ridiculously over blown and I am beginning to wonder if I am in the right thread. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

But this whole thing is so irrelevant, I don't get it why so much attention over it. She was just surprised and unprepared because it's not common to ask for singers to sing in interviews. And we all know she's always rehearsed and prepared, she likes it that way.

I really don't like this article. It's just a reminder how people always make a big deal out of potentially negative stuff but leave many other interesting stuff out of spotlight because it's not provocative.

And to be honest, Zack, I know you have an opinion and everything but I wouldn't be happy at all if my comment was taken out of here and published in an article that's drawing negative publicity to a singer I'm a fan of.
This discussion has been closed.