Does Kathy know that....

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
Forum Member
✭✭
Gavin is Sharon's Father?

She said to Sharon that Gavin does not have any children.

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Does Gavin even know that Sharon is his daughter?

I think Margaret is Gavin's older sister. She and her parents were responsible for rehoming Sharon and Margaret got her friend Den Watts involved. Gavin was shipped off into the RAF.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry? Is it confirmed that Gavin is Sharon's father?! :eek:
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

No, but loads of viewers on DS and elsewhere have thought it must be the case for months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Not officially but it is largely suspected as we know that Sharons father is named Gavin.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they make Gavin her father its gonna be ridiculous lol like planet earth in the world of Albert Square is only populated by about a hundred people.
    Forum Member

Most of the pieces in the puzzle suggest this is the case, we have the photo with Den and Gavin plus Kathy was filmed outside the house in nottinghill where Sharon's dad apparently lives, plus Sharon's dad and Kathys husband are both called Gavin :D

There could be an extra twist in this, but it's clear Sharon's father is linked in to this storyline,
    Forum Member
    We know Gavin has a sister called Sally who was the one who "identified" him in South Africa. Tonight Kathy mentioned he had sisters, so there's another one out there and I'm convinced that is Jan Harvey aka Margaret Midhurst.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    If they make Gavin her father its gonna be ridiculous lol like planet earth in the world of Albert Square is only populated by about a hundred people.

Gavin once lived in the Square before the show started
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Gavin once lived in the Square before the show started

Still what are the chances of Kathy moving to South Africa and randomly meeting and marrying a man who once lived in the same square as her and was Sharons biological father lol ludicrous.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still what are the chances of Kathy moving to South Africa and randomly meeting and marrying a man who once lived in the same square as her and was Sharons biological father lol ludicrous.

He was friends with Ted Hills who Kathy moved out there to be with
    Forum Member

Kathy moved to South Africa to be with her brother Ted Hills who knew Gavin when they were younger. So it wasn't a random meeting at all, Gavin got Ted a job in SA, Ted reintroduced Gavin and Kathy and they lived happily ever after until he started beating her up and forced her to spend ten years away from her sons by pretending she was dead.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Scrabbler I definately think Jan Harveys character Margaret is one of Gavin's Sisters.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is Soap.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tommy Steele Night at the Cape Town Wetherspoons?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Kathy moved to South Africa to be with her brother Ted Hills who knew Gavin when they were younger. So it wasn't a random meeting at all, Gavin got Ted a job in SA, Ted reintroduced Gavin and Kathy and they lived happily ever after until he started beating her up and forced her to spend ten years away from her sons by pretending she was dead.

I don't remember that thx

Wonder what happened to Ted in all this.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember that thx

Wonder what happened to Ted in all this.

That was precisely what I was thinking!

I wonder how Irene is doing. I hope she's still living it up. :D
  • EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Kathy know about Stella? Jane mentioned Stella but not sure if Kathy knew who she was
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This! I'm sick to death of all these secret mums dads daughters sisters etc. Enough! >:(
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the day, none of these connections matter. What matters is how they are all connected to Shirley.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't been confirmed that Gavin is Sharon's father yet, but it doesn't take much to put the pieces together.

The address Phil gave Sharon for her father was in Notting Hill, and EastEnders recently shot scenes of Kathy being arrested at Gavin's house in, you guessed it, Notting Hill. This more than anything pretty much confirms it.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    This! I'm sick to death of all these secret mums dads daughters sisters etc. Enough! >:(

Sharon is Bens step mum and perhaps his step sister too. There are 8 million people in London - they need to leave the Square more.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    We know Gavin has a sister called Sally who was the one who "identified" him in South Africa. Tonight Kathy mentioned he had sisters, so there's another one out there and I'm convinced that is Jan Harvey aka Margaret Midhurst.

Last night was the second time Kathy has mentioned Gavin having more than one sister. During the Kathy/Sharon scenes in the Arches a month ago when Kathy mentioned Sally and Sharon asked who she was Kathy replied "one of Gavin's sisters". So I think you could be right why else would they be dropping hints of an unnamed second sister?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know that Gavin has any children yet
    Forum Member
    Last night was the second time Kathy has mentioned Gavin having more than one sister. During the Kathy/Sharon scenes in the Arches a month ago when Kathy mentioned Sally and Sharon asked who she was Kathy replied "one of Gavin's sisters". So I think you could be right why else would they be dropping hints of an unnamed second sister?

The thing is, we know that Gavin wrote to Carol as he was trying to track down Sharon. That means he doesn't know who or where she is. Sharon has no knowledge who her father is, so there needs to be someone who can connect them together. Margaret would be good for that. Plus as a solicitor she could have helped Gavin to fake his death. Margarets look at the vic last time she was about was a classic soap way of showing she is hiding a secret.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it that Sharon has two dads return from the dead. :D

They have to reference this. Can't wait! :D